WoW Guild Rankings

[Trial]Falesha Paladin Social

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial]Falesha Paladin Social

Postby Falesha » 25 Aug 2018, 01:08

About You

Country & Region: Belgium

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Falesha, Light-forged Draenei, I came up with the name myself, doesn't have any meaning as far as I know, I just think it fitted. Was only recently leveled so no race change or server change ( also didn't use a boost, really wanted that transmog :D )

Level: 120

Class: Paladin

Main Spec: protection

Off Spec: Currently none in use... Though I've played ret and holy while leveling from time to time to switch things up when running dungeons.

Current ilvl: At the time of writing this, 317

Link to your profile via the Armoury: Falesha

Alts
Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

I think it's a bit too much to list 47 characters xD ( the cap is 50, in case anyone wanted to know :P ) Even though most are not 110+
I'll list the characters I have on Wildhammer and Thunderhorn, I hope that'll be sufficient.

Oranito Wildhammer alliance mage 110 Who Dares Wins
Erunali Wildhammer Alliance Demon Hunter 110
Rihoko Wildhammer Alliance Priest 110
Hurono Wildhammer Alliance Warrior 64
Derena Wildhammer Alliance Warlock 73
Aletasho Wildhammer Horde Paladin 100
Libomi Wildhammer Alliance Monk 54
Danbank Wildhammer Alliance priest 1
Salesha Wildhammer Horde 1
Danyo Wildhammer alliance Rogue 14
Danyo Thunderhorn Alliance Hunter 60 ( My very first character I made about 14 years ago now I guess? Shortly after WoW released )
Littlehelper Thunderhorn Alliance Priest 46
Derena Thunderhorn Alliance Death knight 64

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

I have no trouble joining with the alts I play mostly and are relevant ( Say, all my level 100+ characters? ), but, my bank character and some of the low level alts I don't play often, I'd prefer not too. I hope this is acceptable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play Style

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- Achievements
- Mount/pet farming

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

That's a difficult question.. The Challenge Conquerer: Gold achievement I think... Though there's a lot more that I can think off, I can only pick one :(

RAID APPLICATIONS ONLY: Dungeoneering & Raiding

What sort commitment are you able to offer? (Delete as appropriate)

Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites in support of your application)

I picked my current spec because I felt like it would fit a light-forged draenei well ^^
I don't think you can really give a rotation for a tank really, it's more about managing cooldowns and positioning. Keep consecration up for the mastery effect, besides that, it's more of a priority systems really

Basically, it's judgement -> consecration if you're not in it -> Avenger's Shield -> HotR -> cast consecration if everything else is on cooldown
Alongside that is SotR, which you have to try to never have 3 stacks of left ( it's wasted cooldown time, reducing the uptime, and wasting potential cooldown reductions from judgement ) Besides that, you use it when taking damage ( pretty liberally ). I tend to have try to have 1 charge in reserve for emergencies. And the other short cooldown to use is Light of the protector, which I tend to use when I drop below 50% somewhere.

What is your greatest achievement in a raid situation?

Cutting Edge: Garrosh Hellscream ( 10 Player ) I'd imagine?

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

I do not know anyone in the guild

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors? Things other applicants have included here include, what was it about the Highland Warriors which made us stand out from the hundreds of other guilds recruiting? Have you been aware of the guild prior to applying? Did someone recommend you join us? Did you group with a member of our guild and become enchanted by what a wonderful person they are?

I was honestly just looking for a guild, I'm getting to the point of going into mythics, but, I'm not the biggest fan of running them in PuGs all the time. So I decided it's time to look for a guild that seemed like friendly people,
So I went to the forums, and found the post by Elysah, read it all, and it sounded like the place I'm looking for.

Also, I'd like to go in a bit of detail about the social application, but still leaving part of the raiding application in. My schedule isn't always the easiest to predict, so, I'm not gonna apply as a raider. But, I'd definitely wouldn't mind
stepping in if people are needed and I'm available. I fully understand that it's entirely possible that'll never happen. But, I figured I might as well add it, it can't hurt right? :)

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself? You may wish to talk about when you started Warcraft, any previous main characters, any interesting life events or details you would like to share with the guild to find similar interests with our members

I was gonna write my whole history from WoW, but, I'll make it more condensed so people don't get bored reading xD I played a lot of different characters and classes as mains, hunter, druid ( resto and feral ), shaman ( elemental and resto ), mage, warrior ( fury ). And have done alt raids on several others. I've been playing WoW on and off since release, sometimes taking a break ( usually around the end of an expansion, when the wait starts for the new expansion to release ). Have been raiding at several different levels over the years. The highest tier of raiding I did was back in TBC, when I was in a guild that was realm first on Illidan and the sunwell for most bosses back then. I sadly do not remember what server it was on.

I guess that'll also explain why I have so many alts, I've been following friends around on servers, leaving behind alts usually and leveling new characters. Sometimes I transferred max level characters though. Or faction changed. I've played both alliance and horde pretty much equally. These days I don't have that many friends playing anymore.

If people want to know more, feel free to ask.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

I know this question well, I used to ask it too when I was a recruitment officer, the irony is, I never figured out a good answer myself to this one. That said, I'm sure I'll make up for the lack of joke here with joking around in gchat if I would get accepted.
Falesha
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Falesha Paladin Social

Postby Elysah » 25 Aug 2018, 09:32

Hi Falesha, thank you for your application :)

Nice to see a vanilla player in the house! :)

In answer to your social/raider question: we’d have no problem with you raiding when you can. As a casual raiding guild, we have a stable core of raiders who turn out each week, some every other week, some when they can and some once in a blue moon. Now that raids are more flexible in terms of numbers it’s not a problem. Especially as the core team make up the tank/healer spots. So your situation wouldn’t prevent a spot on the team when you’re available. The only slight sticking point, is that in the early days this would likely be in a dps role. However, as content becomes farmed, they’d be more of a possibility of a “non regular” tank taking the stage, if that makes sense? Helps us build capacity and players get to run the role they enjoy :)

In terms of timings, out of interest what would you anticipate the number of raids you could attend (Weds/sun) on an average month?

Happy with your outlook on alts. The played ones are just grand: bank alts and those gathering dust are no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Falesha » 25 Aug 2018, 09:56

HI Elysah!

For the raiding part, I wouldn't mind being a dps ( or heal ) to raid if that's what is available, I'm pretty flexible in that regard. And with the way gear works these days, it's also not too hard to do either, just a few off pieces and you're good mostly.

It really is hard to tell how much I could join really, I think if I had to guess, 1-2times maybe a month? I really don't know xD

I don't know if this is a possibility, but, maybe I should just really join as a full social to start with, and get back to you on the raiding when I have a better idea about when I can raid?
Falesha
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 25 Aug 2018, 09:58

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :)

I’ll be online later so if you’re around we can chat more about what our options are. But like you, we’re pretty flexible too.

Give me a poke if you see me before I see you :)

Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Falesha » 25 Aug 2018, 10:50

Will do if I end up seeing you, that said, I have places to be today, so not sure if I'll be around then, if not, then tomorrow I should be around most of the day!
Falesha
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 25 Aug 2018, 19:24

Trial offered. Welcome to the guild! :)

Elysah
True Believer