GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Ciphera - Monk - Raider

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Ciphera - Monk - Raider

Postby Ciphonian » 06 May 2017, 19:02

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About You

Name: Chris

Country & Region: London, UK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Ciphera

Level: 110

Class: Monk

Spec: Brewmaster (will also play Windwalker/Mistweaver, whichever is needed more)

Current ilvl: ~878

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

Yes

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Ciphers - Thunderhorn, Alliance, Hunter, 110 <no guild>
I also have a few other alts on different servers but I'm not playing any of them at the moment. If i decide to level them up I'll most likely server transfer them to Thunderhorn and put them in the guild.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Mining
Primary 2: Herbalism

These are mostly just temporary professions and I'll likely change at least one of them to a crafting profession quite soon.

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?
I've not done any Mythic+ dungeons during legion yet. But I am very interested in them and I'd like to get the 15+ achievement done.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare 0
Trial of Valor 0
Nighthold 0

No experience with raiding during legion so far. I've even avoided LFR so far because I'd like to see the fights how they were intended to be played.

WoD experience that I think might be relevant to mention here:
Highmaul 3/7M, 7/7H
BRF 3/10M 10/10H
HFC 13/13H

In general I like to get raids completed on Heroic and have a shot at Mythic but I feel that time is more of a limiting factor when you get to Mythic attempts.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

Not at the moment.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be at minimum one a week.

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30 Available
Saturday 20:30 CET until 23:30 Sometimes
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30 Available

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I've mostly been levelling and doing world quests at the moment. I've been gearing my Brewmaster spec first as I thought this would allow me to get into dungeon groups quickly and tanking is also probably my favourite role. However I chose to play monk because I like to play all roles and I'd be very happy to play any of them in a raiding situation as I'm well aware that tank roles are usually limited.

For my stats and rotation I'll tend to checkout Icy Veins first and then supplement that with youtube videos, training dummy time and finally lots and lots of dungeon practice! When I'm preparing for raids I'll make sure to have watched and understood the tankspot videos for any bosses that are likely to be done that day.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- PvP
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

My proudest moment in WoW was probably when I was the main tank for my guild back in wotlk. Ulduar had just come out and our raid team had lost quite a lot of people and wasn't managing to make any progress past the first boss. Our normal raid leader didn't show up so I took over raid leading for the night. We then proceeded to down 6 bosses in the one night. Over the next few weeks I was entrusted with raid leading and I ended up taking us through all of the raid and getting all of the hard mode fights done too and we were one of the first guilds on the server to have our Ulduar protodrakes.

My other proudest moments have been completing the MoP and WoD challenge mode dungeons which I thoroughly enjoyed and am actually quite sad they haven't returned in Legion; hopefully Mythic+ will make up for the lack of them!

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

Lynara. I've known her for about 8 months IRL as she's my girlfriend and we've been levelling together over the past month or so.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

Mostly I'd like to be able to see the Legion raids and do mythic+ dungeons with a friendly and fun team who are also up for other fun-runs/achievement hunting etc

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

I'll try to be online as much as possible but I do also have RL stuff to get done as well. Such is the curse of adulthood!

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

Why should you never buy anything from a warrior? They always charge too much! ... (I'll let myself out...)

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Ciphera/simple
Ciphonian
The Chosen

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Ciphera - Monk - Raider

Postby Elysah » 07 May 2017, 17:27

Hello there, Ciphera

Thanks very much for your application :) Looks like you were quite seriously into your raiding back in the day - have you been on a break from the game, or just reigned it in this expansion?

You mention that in the past you have enjoyed clearing HC raids, and have looked to attempt mythic also - would returning to this be a long term goal? We're making decent progression for a guild of our size and demographic, as Lynara has no doubt told you, we're not a hardcore guild and whilst we're having a bloody good go at the heroic raiding option, it's very unlikely we'll ever be big enough to run our own mythic raids. Although we ask all our guildies to actively work on their gear, rotations and skills outside of the raiding time through mythic+ and LFR, we continue to have a wide range of raiding skill and ability amongst us. Which is ok, we're happy to take on newbies and veterans alike and, cheesey as it sounds, get better together. We're not a stop gap for players to gear up and move on to something bigger, better or more mythical - we really want a long term commitment from our members. Does this sound like something you could get on board with?

If that is ok with you, in of your preferred spec for raiding, I'd likely think we would be looking for a dps role in the first instance, with the option to rotate in to tank where required. We currently have two MS raiding tanks, and another very good OS tank. We like to have options, so a dual role could be very likely. For the most part, our healing team is quite full - we have 4 regular raiding healers, one OS healer and another healer who has recently rejoined the raiding pool. For once, its actually dps we're mostly in need of!
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Ciphera - Monk - Raider

Postby Ciphonian » 07 May 2017, 17:50

Thanks for the prompt reply Elysah!

I've mostly been on a break from the game since Legion came out just due to RL stuff getting in the way, I'm now finally back at a point where I can play some more WoW again.

Hopefully I can alleviate your worries that I'm just attempting to use you as a stopgap guild before joining a Mythic level guild. As I mentioned I only really dabbled around with Mythic back in WoD, we never got that far and I was perfectly fine with that. I'm mostly wanting to raid with Lynara and ideally clear heroic as I think Mythic raiding would be way too much of a time commitment for me.

I'm also very happy to dps in raids, I'll make sure to start focusing on that spec's weapon with my AP!
Ciphonian
The Chosen

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Ciphera - Monk - Raider

Postby Elysah » 07 May 2017, 17:53

Superb news. See me in game for a chat and we can work out the logistics from there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?