GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Withdrawn] Application

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Withdrawn] Application

Postby Rolloh » 24 Apr 2017, 15:19

About You

Country & Region: The World, I originate from a tiny island in the Med but the world is my home

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Smokeandfly / Blood Elve / Eonar EU

Level: 110

Class: Paladin

Spec: Retribution / Protection

Current ilvl: 897

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

All my chars are on Eonar EU therefore it would be a bit costly to do so

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Kurosaki - 110 - Hunter (BM)
Kissmyhammer - 110 - Shaman (Enh)
Wyteshadow - 110 - Demon Hunter (Havoc)
Ethanol - 100 - Mage (Frost/Arcane)
Rudedruid - 100 - Druid (Feral)
Msplaymate - 100 - Warlock (Demo)
Jiraiyasama - 100 - Monk (random spec)
Metamorfosi - 100 - Priest (Shadow)
Sutaku - 100 - Death Knight (Blood)
Biccer - 103 - Warrior (Prot/Fury)
Zarakisan - 100 - Rogue (Assas.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Pally:
Primary 1: Jewelcrafting
Primary 2: Mining

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?

Highest keys I cleared on my Pally and Demonhunter are +12. It all depends on the group. You can be the best tank but nothing will help if you have hunters pulling everything with multishots in a CoS 12 xD
No one is great but we can all do a bit of an effort to know the class we play. As you can see i have a char of every class, the reason is that I like to learn each individual class to know the strengths and weaknesses of all.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

LFR I farm it for Runes and AP on my chars. On normal I have just cleared 6/10 on Smokeandfly through LFG. The reason is that I am in a guild that struggles to get a raid together. They are very good players, mature adults (I'm 40) and we chill and have a laid back attitude most of the time. RL takes over and having 10 or more people online at the same time for raids is no easy task.

Emerald Nightmare - ALL (LFR) on multiple chars - Partial on Normal
Trial of Valor - All (LFR) on multiple chars
Nighthold - All (LFR) - 6/10 on Normal due to running out of time. Can easily make it up to Guldan with my pally

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

Raid leader no, I no longer have the time to research as much as before.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30 - No
Saturday 20:30 CET until 23:30 - Yes
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30 - (varies)

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I am currently playing Retribution. I was playing a Havoc DH and dps was a faceroll easy thing to do. I could easily match and even beat at times muh higher geared players than me. Got tired of everyone telling me that 13 year old kids play demon hunters coz they are too easy so I went back to my Prot pally and switched to Ret. Now I push myself to give Demon Hunters a run for their money and other classes alike.

My spec is 1-2-3-2-2-1-2

I chose Zeal instead of FoJ as I prefer the rotation. Currently lacking on haste (short around 9%!) but getting there. Plus not Tier gear equipped as in a couple of weeks all NH gear will be outdated once ToS hits. Even LFR will be higher.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

I was never an MMO player until I was introduced to WoW. Back in early BC I had my own guild, used to give gear and gold to members upon reaching certain levels to motivate them (I got the AH grips back then). Then I got to a point I wanted to see more than just world content and it was time for some dungeon runs so I was introduced to a guild called AoD. I did a trial run on my mage (frost back then) and I managed to dish out decent numbers even though the hot spec of the moment was fire and frost was considered as a pvp spec.
My biggest moment was Hyjal and Black Temple raids when I switched to Arcane and broke the dps meter lol! I had 15k mana at level 70 which back then was a damn lot :p Intellect, pot timing, mana gems etc all played a crucial role for me to keep a mana pool available throughout the fight (back then you could pot more than once with a cd)

I mained a BM Hunter in Wotlk and then a Feral Druid when it was a challenge to keep buffs up and you had to actually monitor the cd's to see when you need to top it up not like now (just hit whatever lights up /facepalm)
Dished good numbers too. Killing the Lich King was another proud moment with my old guild (Demise)

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

I was looking up a few old guild members from the days of Eonar raiding and was directed to this page. I guess some of them have joined you. How long? I'd say a decade+

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

As I'm sure you'd notice the char I am applying with is a Horde, I switched sides when I came back to wow (I skipped Pandaria). My old guildies had all moved to Wildhammer and so I ended up solo playing alts, no raiding at all. I had created a Horde Pally in the days of BC for auction house purposes (Famous Booty Bay neutral AH) I decided to level it up as a prot spec and one day I saw a recruitment message and joined a very nice guild made of chilled people (guild called Chilled)
I tanked for them, something I never did before (always pew pew spec) We are not raiding due to lack of numbers. Some good players left and at times I feel I want more from y char, hence why I am throwing an application here.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

I just need coffee to survive. Got a weird sense of humor (just look at my char names to see)

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

The difference between Men and Women:

So, everybody knows that women can't keep a secret. You tell them something and 5 minutes later they're telling someone else "Listen, you know what?.... but promise you don't tell anyone" - a few minutes later they're doing it again.
You see, men on the other hand are good at keeping secrets. That's why secret agents and spies are men and so on.

But this doesn't feel right so to even thing out we must find something in favour of women;

Farts.... yes, FARTS. Men can't hold farts, women can.

So what's the lesson here? If you want a woman to keep a secret, whisper it up her arse!

(Now I mean no offence to women and if my application is rejected it means I must have rubbed someone one up the wrong way :p )

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... fly/simple
Rolloh
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Application

Postby Elysah » 24 Apr 2017, 21:50

Is it that men are so good at keeping secrets because they weren't bloody listening in the first place?! ;)

Thanks for your application, Smokeandfly, a few questions, please ...

You say all your alts are on Eonar: I understand that it would be costly for you to transfer them all. However, if you were to be offered a trial, we would expect to see a move of any significantly played alts in the guild - would this seem like an acceptable compromise?

You mention a few ex guildies are within our ranks - who are they?

In terms of raiding, we've since shelved our Saturday raid as it wasn't too popular. Therefore from your availability, you'd likely only be able to make Sunday's... you indicated this would be varied, is this something you would be able to predict and plan for attendance or would it be sporadic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Rolloh » 25 Apr 2017, 07:12

Hi,

Thanks for reviewing my application.

For me transferring alts is not really a "big" issue. How about I move my Demon Hunter http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/Wyteshadow/simple to start with? Since it is a trial and you would want to see how I perform I guess it would be the best option for now. If you deem I am good enough I can bring along the rest.

Regarding raiding I can commit to more days (like Sunday) Usually we sign up on the calendar ahead to let people know of our attendance and I tend to stick to my commitment ;) Wednesdays would be a bit of an issue coz of RL duties (I travel a lot)

As for who I know, well it's hard to tell since I don't know if they changed char names but maybe the other way round would work. If you mention in guild if anyone remembers a mage from late vanilla / early BC called Jonjungle... see who replies lol. I know Sonofthewear, Erendril, Arystra and so on... Am an ex AoD and Demise vet on Eonar.

Or....would you consider a prot warrior? I'm leveling one from 100 to 110 pretty fast too. I can move that over for the trial and once I hit 110 you can test me out as a tank. (Obviously it is easier to start off on a char at 110 with high Artifact level)

Thanks,

Smokeandfly
Rolloh
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 26 Apr 2017, 18:06

Hi Smokeandfly

Happy with the demon hunter, means you can get started as a raider from the off and get to know the team in good time before we hit Tomb of Sargaras.

Then, as you say, on completion of your trial we can look at moving your other characters.

I'm online tonight so give me a whisper if you're about. Although I'll be in Nighthold from 2100 server :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Rolloh » 27 Apr 2017, 14:44

Thank you for you reply.

I'll give you a whisper in game as agreed once the character realm transfer and faction change are done. ;)
Rolloh
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 27 Apr 2017, 15:37

best would be to contact via battletag first, just in case a further chat has implications not considered. Wouldnt want you, potentially, wasting your pennies :)
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 01 May 2017, 08:49

It's Elysah#2509

If you can let me know your online times we can go from there :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Rolloh » 03 May 2017, 08:08

Hi again :)

I'm usually online from 19.00-23.00 server time (Eonar EU)

My ID is Jonjungle#2841 (sent you a request yesterday)
Rolloh
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 06 May 2017, 11:48

Hi Smokeandfly, not forgotten about you. Just not been online this week due to family stuff. Was hoping to sneak on at some point but it's not been possible. I'll be around Sunday evening so will look out for you :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Rolloh » 08 May 2017, 15:25

Thanks for the chat yesterday, will be shifting the pally over for the trial (server and faction change) as discussed. Present guild informed and heartfelt au revoir all done.
See you in the next few days :)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eonar/Smokeandfly/simple
Rolloh
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 08 May 2017, 19:16

Brilliant news. I'll be on Wednesday evening from but I'll try to pop on prior to then if you're transfer has gone through.

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Rolloh » 09 May 2017, 07:59

I am currently experiencing an issue with the transfer as I have to empty the character mailbox but I cannot loot the items to destroy, if I choose delete mail it won't let me so am basically stuck. I opened a ticket and now waiting for blizzard.
Sorry for the delay
Rolloh
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 09 May 2017, 11:11

No worries. Hope you get it sorted ;)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Rolloh » 10 May 2017, 06:53

Hi,

Just an update, transfer and faction change done. New char name is Rolloh now as the name smokeandfly was taken. Human Ret Pally. See you tonight ;)

Thanks
Rolloh
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 10 May 2017, 19:06

Awesome. Will be online shortly :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Rolloh » 11 May 2017, 15:42

Dear Elysah and Highland Warrior guild,

I'd like to thank you for inviting me for the trial. Unfortunately I was evaluating things and decided to revert back to my old server within the 72 hour open window. I opened a GM ticket and they shifted everything back almost instantly hence why I couldn't thank yous online ingame.

Well, thanks again and I wish you all the success and fun in Azeroth ;)

Rolloh
Rolloh
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?