GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Social Application - Andarya Demon Hunter

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Social Application - Andarya Demon Hunter

Postby Andarya » 09 Apr 2017, 18:30

About You

Country & Region: Germany, Hessen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Andarya

Level: 103

Class: Demon Hunter

Spec: Vengeance

Current ilvl: 719

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

1) Temperant, Thunderhorn, Alliance, Druid, 100, none.
2) Sinai, Twilights Hammer, Horde, Death Knight, 100, Riders of Nidhogg
3) Zwergenstund, Lightbringer, Alliance, Shaman, 90, Digital Liberation
4) Andarist, Lightbringer, Alliance, Warlock, 90, Digital Liberation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: None atm.
Primary 2: None atm.

Dungeoneering & Raiding
Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?

[i]I'm afraid that I have none, whatsoever. At least not in Legion. I just recently started playing this expansion, after taking a break (since 2014).

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare
Trial of Valor
Nighthold

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

Nope, at least not at this point. Thanks for asking though!

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Perhaps this someday? That'd be great.

Social: I have no current aspirations to raid
Levelling

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Saturday 20:30 CET until 23:30
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30 <=== I'd be available on this evening.

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I play Vengeance mostly, because it's just much easier to pull a group of mobs and then aoe them down. Also, it also allows me to take down any rares I encounter. I currently don't have a fixed rotation, while I'm levelling. I ran my first two dungeons as a tank today though, which was good fun! Leap into battle, taunt anyone I didn't catch, aoe as much as possible, and hit CDs during big abilities. (I hope that wasn't too broad, but as said, just levelling at this point!)

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Mythic Runs
- World Quests
- Levelling alts
- PvP
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

Running my own guild of 200 people, back in 2007-2009. 15 year old me apparently had quite a deep voice.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

I briefly chatted to Elysah today! (I hope that was tag. Me and names...)

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

Levelling is fun, but I'd love a bit of company. I'm quite a sociable person and guilds are an integral part of playing the game for me, but I didn't just want any guild. I was (and am) hoping for a mature, level-headed, down-to-earth guild that can enjoy some time defending this magical time-wast...time-intensive world we call Azeroth!

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

I've played Wow since the last month of Vanilla (I'm a bit of a late starter). I played each expansion afterwards, with varying degrees of activity. I almost entirely skipped WoD. After much deliberation, I decided to return for Legion, just 2 weeks ago. I've loved it so far! However, and here I have to be very honest, I made a pact with myself before I started. I would play only as long as I was having fun and still experiencing a sense of adventure. Gone are the days of grinding weeks in and out, for a mount I didn't actually want. Does that mean I'm not committed? Uhm... That's for you to decide, I suppose. If I've given my word, I'm fully dedicated to the task and will fulfil any and all obligations. However, this is still a game and if I decide in a fortnight, a month or a year from now "Well, that's it. Thanks, but I'm done with WoW." then I'm committed to that decision, too.

I hope that makes some degree of sense and of course any decision you make based on this info, is completely understood!

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

I'm not a funny guy and I have a terrible memory when it comes to jokes. So here's the one (I'm not even kidding. It's really just 'one') joke I remember:

Two fish in a tank. What does the one say to the other?

"How do you drive this thing?"
Andarya
The Fallen

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Social Application - Andarya Demon Hunter

Postby Elysah » 09 Apr 2017, 18:43

Hey Andarya :)

Thanks for your application :)

As I said in our chat this afternoon, its not an issue that you're still levelling, or that you don't have any cast iron aspirations to raid: it's good to get in socials and dungeoneers to add to the rich tapestry of the guild, and in the future, who knows? We might even manage to coerce you onto a raid or two ;)

You list some alts - in the first instance, I would like to see your Thunderhorn alliance alts in the guild and then on successful completion of your trial, if any of your other non TH alliance characters are played with any sort of regularity a move of those across too?

An impressive feat running a guild of 200 at any age, never mind 15... Although your comment did make me chuckle about having a deep voice ;) See, you are funny! ;)
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Andarya » 10 Apr 2017, 11:15

Thanks for replying so swiftly!

Of course, I'd be happy to move any alts across. I've been considering moving my Shaman across, but it's unlikely I'll play any characters aside from my Druid and Demon Hunter in the near future.
Andarya
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 10 Apr 2017, 15:00

Ok. Catch me in game for a chat on where we go from here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Andarya » 11 Apr 2017, 09:19

Thanks! Last night I wasn't able to login, it seemed like the login servers were down or some such. Tonight I'm not home. But hopefully I'll have an hour or three tomorrow eve! :)
Andarya
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 11 Apr 2017, 09:27

Hi Tempy,
I suffered the same problems, gave up in the end. El will be online tomorrow for our raid, so roughly between 20.30 and 23.30 server times for sure. Either side of that I cant say.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 14 Apr 2017, 16:38

Hey Andarya... Not seen you about much, think we keep missing each other - Like ships in the night, as my nannan would say ;)

I'll be online for another 30 mins or so, hoping to get online for some of tomorrow, until about 5pm server time. Then I will be online Sunday from about 5pm server, then I am away until Friday. Let me know how this fits for you, or when you will be on, so I can pop on for a chat :)
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 15 Apr 2017, 13:07

Trial Offered :)
Elysah
True Believer