GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

Danms, BM Hunter, Social (ilvl to low to Raid at the moment)

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

Postby Danms5 » 21 Mar 2017, 18:34

About You

Country & Region: United Kingdom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:
Danms
Hunter BM
Draenor

Level: 110

Class: Hunter

Spec: BM

Current ilvl: 802 (Working on it for raids)

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?
Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Only my main, two others were created and never played.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Skinning
Primary 2: Leatherworking

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?
N/A due to ilvl.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare: N/A
Trial of Valor: N/A
Nighthold: N/A

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
N/A, who knows how I will progress, potentially in the future.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)
Social: I have no current aspirations to raid
Levelling / increase ilvl -- eventually raids if the opportunity is there.

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30 - N/A (currently in the process of moving house, will be possible in weeks to come)
Saturday 20:30 CET until 23:30 - Potentially (currently in the process of moving house, will be possible in weeks to come)
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30 - Yes

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
I played as MM all the way to level 110. Recently I've changed to BM as I haven't got any affiliations as such with other players, therefore it is easier to walk through current questlines and content with the additional tanking facility.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding (eventually)
- Mythic Runs (eventually)
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- Achievements
- Auction House profiteering

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
As I'm fairly new to WoW, my recent accomplishment of level 110 has been my most significant so far.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
N/A

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
I was approached on the forums by Elusha. After looking into the forums I believe there is a good structure with all angels covered. Hopefully Highlands will take me under their wings and show me the ropes of end game content!

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
Currently training for my Accounting qualification.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

Well, I'm not to great with telling jokes, but one I did hear that made me laugh is:
What do you call a man with no shins?
Toe knee (Tony)
Apologies... I know it is awful!

Danms5

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Danms, BM Hunter, Social (ilvl to low to Raid at the mom

Postby Danms5 » 21 Mar 2017, 18:37

Apologies for the typo on Angle* :)
Danms5

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 21 Mar 2017, 21:00

Hi Danms
Thanks for the application. Elysah is currently dealing with apps so will respond tomorrow evening
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 22 Mar 2017, 22:43

Hello there Danms, lovely to hear from you :)

It's not often we meet fresh players, everyone's a reroll these days, one way or another.

We're always looking for new guildies, particularly new ones we can show the highland warrior way ;) Tell me, what does a usual Warcraft day look like for you...? What do you spend most of your time doing?

I notice that you have aspirations to raid, after house move and gearing... How keen are you on this - in the past we've had a few recruits who have joined with a view to raiding but just haven't ever seemed to get around to it. We're really wanting to expand our raiding pool to increase our options not only for the fights themselves but also for a future increase on days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Danms5 » 23 Mar 2017, 17:29

Hi Elysah :),

At the moment I'm playing around 3 nights a week plus Saturday and a little on Sunday. I log in and play the story line, complete world quests and work towards gear and artifact upgrades. While doing this I'm always awaiting to join a dungeon to work on my DPS and rotation. In the last week I learnt about add-ons which are helping me at the moment!

I've played other games to a pretty high standard. WoW was the next challenge for me and playing high end content has always been my intention. Once I have to gear and consumables, I would like to jump into raiding with assistance/guidence over teamspeak etc.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Danms
Danms5

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 23 Mar 2017, 18:39

Hi Dan

Sounds like a good course of action - I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Suramar story lines for full on AP! Literally comes out of your ears! ;)

We do have a discord chat server which some guildies like to use but raiding is not officially run through it. There are always lots of helpful nuggets of information on the forum too.

Catch me in game for a chat about what's next :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Danms5 » 25 Mar 2017, 09:22

Hey Elysah,

Having trouble finding you in game, can you try to whisper me when you are next on?

Thanks,

Dan
Danms5

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 25 Mar 2017, 09:49

Hi Dan

My apologies... I've not been on so far this week due to family stuff. I usually manage to get online during a Saturday and Sunday afternoon, and I'll be on Sunday night for the raid :)

Will give you a poke if I see you :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 25 Mar 2017, 17:00

Hey Dan.. I'm not finding you in our battlegroup - you know we're on Thunderhorn?

Can you send me your battletag, please? :)

Mines Elysah #2509
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?