GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Withdrawn] Lawnlurker - Mage - Raider

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Withdrawn] Lawnlurker - Mage - Raider

Postby Lawnlurker » 07 Mar 2017, 06:37

About You

Country & Region: The great mountains of Norway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character
Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:

Level: 110

Class: Mage

Spec: Fire

Current ilvl: 846

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

Seeing as I have quite alot of alts on a different server it would take me some time. But after I settle in and find the guild enjoyable Ill be sure to bring them over one by one.

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Ryos 110 Human Warlock
Plumsack 110 Human Warrior
Gravelhammer 110 Human Paladin
Barfskin 110 Nelf Druid
Lichslap 110 Human DK
Rangedfart 110 Dwarf Hunter
Glitterqueef 107 Panda Shaman
Assquatch 100 Nelf DH
Derpstep 100 Panda Rogue

(All characters are based on Doomhammer Alliance and in my current guild The Phoenix Reborn)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Enchanting
Primary 2: Tailoring

Dungeoneering & Raiding

[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?

Not what I have focused most on, but have done a good amount of them on my previous main in my current guild.
Ive completed a couple of +15, but mostly dawdle around 8-12 with some guildees whos more or less quit the game now.
As a dps Im comfortable with just about any level when it comes to m+ dungeons, but as a healer I automatically scream bloody murder when faced with the Overflowing-debuff..
Other than that I really enjoy the m+ dungeons, but theres not much people in my current guild doing them. And doing it with pugs who starts raging immediately a uneccesary mob gets pulled really puts me off this game.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare 7/7 HC, 7/7 M
Trial of Valor 3/3 HC
Nighthold 10/10 HC, 1/10 M

(Please note this is on my warlock which is my old main)

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

I used to be a raid leader back in WoTLK and more recently in WoD. Its an interresting aspect of the game, which has given me much in terms of personal and ingame growth.
But if I were to choose Id say I prefer being lead instead of leading when it comes to raiding.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month

Edit: Due to my working shifts, I cant keep up 100% attendance, but more like 70-80%. So yeah, not all but certainly not just a couple a month either.

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Saturday 20:30 CET until 23:30
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Again, I can easily attend all theese raids as long as Im not working the nightshift that week.

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

Everyone seem to be playing bloody fire nowadays, but its hella fun. The reaction-based playstyle with the relatively big numbers, burst and ability to cover both ST and AoE with reasonable numbers makes the fire mage really fun to play.
I wont say Im a meter-whore(one of the few), but for my own satisfaction I always try lining up all my cd's be it trash or boss or whatever, unless its part of the boss-strategy to save cd's for key points in the fight. The point is, I strive to make use of every single ability my class has. This doesnt mean I ignore everything else, because using every single ability also means I absolutely HAVE to see if that buff can be spellstolen or if I can blink through this damaging ability without taking damage etc etc.
Maybe it means Im adventorous, curious, plainright stupid or whatever you might call it, Im not excactly sure. Its a tough question to be honest :headbang:
I would love to talk logs with you guys, but seeing as my mage currently hasnt seen much action in Legion(yet), I only have logs from runs with my warlock. If youre interrested Ill provide them to talk numbers.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- PvP
- Achievements
- Auction House profiteering

I like all of theese! :dance:

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

Hrrrm, tough one!
One of the things that comes to mind is the Illidan-kill back in TBC when I was a hardcore raider. We had banged heads on it for 6 nights straight, when recieving news our rival guild just got realm first on it. The first try after that message, THE FIRST TRY, we got him down. It was a night of extremely mixed feelings, but nonetheless I for one was completely elated the nightmare was over. Might not be what Im most proud of, but its always been one my most noticable memories of the game. Also the first kills on Nef, M'uru and Yogg also springs to mind seeing as they were challenging and took insane amounts of time and effort to kill.
But my proudest moment might be from back in Vanilla. Me on my lvl 42 hunter alongside a lvl 60 hunter irl-friend went into Zul Farrak with the intention of seeing how far we could get for the lulz. We ended up 2manning the entire thing, which doesnt sound excatly impressive Im sure. But for us, to complete utter fools when it came to this game got so much out of it!
For us, two knobs, it was hard, stressfull and it felt incredibly dangerous and so out of place.
As pathetic as it sounds today, right then and there it was my proudest moment in history of WoW.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

Not yet!

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

Well, my current guild is powering down its raid-team. Up till now Ive been raiding mythic content on my lock (was kinda forced to but didnt mind at the time) and getting decent progress. Altough the raiding was fine and the progress was good, for a long time now I have missed what makes the game for me; the social aspect of it.
Usually, not all the time, but usually, with mythic raiders comes the attitude. Why on gods semi-green earth do you have to be an elitist, overly-confident, squabbling, pissy know-it-all who never admits faults when you raid on a serious mythic level? Ive never understood it, and I never will.
I found your guild-recruitment post while scouring the battle.net forums, and the things that were written down really rubbed me the right way.
You sincerely seem to apreciate and value the social aspect, having a solid community and focusing on everything that makes the game worth playing, and I really like that.
Ive played since mid Vanilla and watched seemingly countless friends, guildees and aquiantentes quit, leave or stop playing the game altogether while I stuck with it.
Why have I stuck with it? The social aspect. The fact that you get to know so many different people that make you log on just to have a chat without even playing the game sometimes.

Its been a long ass time since I did that, and Im wholeheartedly in search of a new place where I can find like-minded people to play alongside again.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

Seeing as Im off to a fresh new start I want to go back playing my beloved mage who, sadly, havent seen much action in Legion yet. So my current gear level is lacking severly, but thats something Im gonna start working on immediately on my own through mainly m+. Maaaybe some shortcuts from AH....

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

I dont know many jokes. My strongest humor-point has always been making myself look like a complete idiot for others amusement. :doh:
But this one might be old, but its pretty funny:

It’s the World Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right next to the pitch. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbour if someone will be sitting there. ‘No,’ says the neighbour. ‘The seat is empty.’ ‘This is incredible,’ said the man. ‘Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Final and not use it?’ The neighbour says, ‘Well actually the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first World Cup Final we haven’t been to together since we got married.’ ‘Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that. That’s terrible….But couldn’t you find someone else, a friend, relative or even a neighbour to take her seat?’ The man shakes his head. ‘No,’ he says. ‘They’re all at the funeral.’

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ker/simple
Lawnlurker

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Lawnlurker - Mage - Raider

Postby Lawnlurker » 07 Mar 2017, 08:46

Extremely sorry for wasting your time, but I have recieved a offer from a very interesting guild on my current server.
Thank you for reading. All the best!
Lawnlurker

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Lawnlurker - Mage - Raider

Postby Windavell » 07 Mar 2017, 10:33

fair enough, best of luck
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?