GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Withdrawn] Miraxie - retr paladin social/ raider/ etc..

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Withdrawn] Miraxie - retr paladin social/ raider/ etc..

Postby Miraxie » 26 Feb 2017, 00:40

About You

Country & Region: finland, capital area

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:

Miraxie
Level: 110
Class: paladin (draenei)
Spec: retr/ prot
Current ilvl: 876

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?
yup. not a problem

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Midaxie, paladin (human), holy 110, 869. Dracones Custodia
Adaxie, warlock, destruction, 110, 858, dc
Adamaxie, priest, holy, 110, 856, dc
Drexienne, mage, fire, 110, 850, dc
Trishie, hunter, mm, 110, 830, dc
Madixie, dk, frost, 106, --
Dirtback, warrior, any, 105, --
Mirexia, rogue, Assa, 103, --
Kydrea, dh, veng, 101, --
Arixie, warrior, arms, 70, --
Shamaxie, shaman, resto, 49, --
plus some low ones and whatever i forgot.. prolly wasn't important anyway..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: jewels 330
Primary 2: mining 520

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?
Highest i've done was a +7 as dps and that went just fine, got 3 chests for the run still.. obviously it depends on the group aswell, but i feel i can easily push a few levels higher.
Done mythics as dps and healer mostly on both paladins, mage, priest, warlock..

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare
Trial of Valor
Nighthold
all LFR on all of the above. never been in a serious raiding guild in WoW.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
not really. it's something i have been asked to do in the past, but it really doesn't interest me much unless it's pretty much the last chance of keeping the raids going.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

gonna delete all these as they really don't apply to my situation.
Raider: available to raid a few times a week or when needed.

Levelling
alts are fun

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30 will probably miss like half of these
Saturday 20:30 CET until 23:30 should be ok 100%
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30 should be ok 100%

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
i used to play my paladins as healers.. didn't really like the recent changes much, so i went tank instead in Legion, had too many tanks in old guild so swapped to dps.. always thought pala dps was super boring, but i've been trying and if the numbers are good enough i don't care. To be honest i kind of like it now.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic Runs
- Levelling alts
- PvP (haven't done much lately so not sure anymore)

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
finding a nice wolf mount for my worgen warrior so he looks like he's riding his brother? i dno.. nothing in particular, just sort of happy to be even here anymore :p

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
not sure, don't think so.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
my old guild was way too small. I applied cos i like to do stuff when i am able to log on and HW has a good amount of people online from what i have stalked, so i feel there is a chance for me to be able to do some of the stuff i would be interested in.. like some mythic dungeons and karazhan and whatever. I won't always be able to make the raid times either but from what i understand that shouldn't really be an issue either, so i will just try to find my spot and be as active and as helpful as i can and see where it takes me (us).

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
i'm bald.. but still almost likeable.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
Miraxie
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Miraxie - retr paladin social/ raider/ etc..

Postby Elysah » 26 Feb 2017, 11:18

Hello Miraxie, thankyou very much for your application :)

A couple of questions...

Your application talks a bit about your change to dps... Do you use any particular websites and/or addons to help maximise your damage? Many of the guild use Weak Auras, which is proving to be a bit of a raid. and indeed general, staple of play addon - helps with spell/ability priorities, as well as performing a whole myriad of other helpful stuff, like procs for trinkets, raid warnings.. Think there was even an arrow on Tichy in the NH telling you which way to run to avoid the breath of death... Would recommend it if you don't use it already :) Also, lots of us use Icyveins as a good starting point to keep on top of the changes, along with any class specific blogs... what's your go to?

You may or may not be aware that we're not a voice comms guild, which means that raiding is run through the raidchat. A couple of guildies use it every now and then, but that's about it. Its something we have done since Vanilla, and it generally works quite well for us. Naturally, this comes with a caviat of a bit more raid prep, both prior and post event. Guides and strats are posted on the forum, and we use angry assignments during the raid as a refresher. Post raid we have raid reports where guildies are asked to post their thoughts and ideas about the run, to shape our approach going forward. There are also logs so players can analyse their own performance, or ask for tips in terms of survivability, or compare themselves to players of the same spec/class from other guilds... Essentially, a big part of being in this guild beyond a name on the roster involves use of our forum, particularly if you want to join the raid team... Is that something you could get on board with?
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Miraxie » 26 Feb 2017, 11:57

hey hey,

a bit more into detail then.. i've been a healer main in other games since 2005ish, but always had a decent dps offspec or alt aswell. No different in WoW really.. i've only played this game for a couple of years, but i've been trying to get a handle on pretty much all specs and classes, cos that's just something i enjoy doing. I don't claim to be the best at everything, far from it, but i do make an effort towards the toons i play.
In WoD i used my hunter as a main, swapped to paladin for this expansion and have tried to get comfortable with all 3 specializations. Even leveled up a second one, because i enjoy the class so much at the moment.
I use whatever addons my wife says are necessary, so yes i have all the usual ones like DBM, recount and weakauras. What i don't have though is healbot since i couldn't get used to it.. probably because it was so different from what i have been doing in Anarchy Online or Swtor or whatever games i used to play before.. and i think i have tried all of them..
One little addon that i have found useful for me despite it's flaws is maxdps, it helps me with all my silly alts tremendously.
oh and yea, i use icyveins.. probably a bit too much, but i do find it very helpful.

yep, i did know about the no voicecomms thing. I've been in raiding guilds that use vc and ones that don't, either way works for me. And i do like the debrief part afterwards, as long as it doesn't mean i have to stay up all night to write stuff. Again this is mostly a timezone issue and me having to go to work in the mornings, although i should be able to write some stuff up during the day.

alright, let me know if i missed anything or you need some more info still.
Miraxie
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 26 Feb 2017, 12:11

Hey Miraxie, thanks for your quick reply :)

miraxie wrote:I use whatever addons my wife says are necessary

Hehe, very sensible ;) Husbands, and boyfriends for that matter, who know whats best for them should always listen to their other halves. We're very wise and knowledgeable ;)

In terms of the raid reports, it's not an issue if you cannot reply immediately... Usually Wind posts the report the following day after the raid, so anything you can add in terms of yourself is encouraged, but it doesn't have to be War & Peace :)

miraxie wrote:alright, let me know if i missed anything or you need some more info still.

Excellent. Thats good for me - give me a poke online and we can have a chat about where we go next :)
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?