GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Teyster - Retribution Paladin - Social / Raid

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Teyster - Retribution Paladin - Social / Raid

Postby Winterberry » 22 Feb 2017, 14:05

WOW - GUILD APPLICATION FORM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About You

Country & Region:
The Netherlands, CET

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:
Teyster | Alliance | Human Paladin | no server changes.

Level:

Class:
Paladin

Spec:
Retribution, sometimes Protection

Current ilvl:

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?
Yes

Alts - Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Active
Hrodric | Thunderhorn | Alliance | L110 Demon Hunter | The Enlightened Ones
Rørik | Thunderhorn | Alliance | L100 Mage | The Enlightened Ones
Devilberry | Thunderhorn | Alliance | L100 Death Knight | The Enlightened Ones
Winterberry | Thunderhorn | Alliance | L39 Warlock | The Enlightened Ones - currently leveling

Barely active / Inactive
Heyster | Thunderhorn | Alliance | L54 Hunter | The Enlightened Ones
Ciredor | Thunderhorn | Horde | L23 Priest | No guild
Baldoric | Thunderhorn | Alliance | L6 Rogue | The Enlightened Ones
Ollyfer | Thunderhorn | Alliance | L5 Warrior | The Enlightened Ones

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions:

Primary 1: Mining 705
Primary 2: Jewelcrafting 18 (just switched)

Arch: 1/800
Fishing: 546/600
Cooking: 586/700
First Aid: 26/800

Dungeoneering & Raiding

Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12: Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor, Nighthold.
Haven’t done any Mythics with keystones yet, so the answer for the Mythics+ questions would be ‘none’.
However, I have done quite a bit of ‘old’ instances and also most available Legion raids/dungeons. Mostly LFR, but also some Normal/Heroic/Mythic runs. That being said: I could most likely use (and thus am very much open to) suggestions on mechanics to improve my effectiveness.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
Nope.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)
- Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month
- Levelling

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30: most of the time
Saturday 20:30 CET until 23:30: sometimes
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30: most of the time

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application).
I spend most of my playing hours DPS-ing. Having always played melee DPS (and sometimes tanking for a bit), I have recently been exploring ranged DPS (Mage/Warlock) to see which one I like better. Destruction Warlock is looking very good, right now. For a long time I have mostly been enjoying the (solo) content and had kind of an indifferent approach towards maximizing damage output, but lately I have been looking for ways to improve my rotation(s). Partly because my main’s DPS ranking in raids has been dropping significantly. For tips & tricks I use several sources; mainly noxxic, icyveins and some add-ons.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- Achievements

In general: I enjoy getting to know the several types of classes a bit better and, once a character is leveled to the max, improving ilvl’s. For instance, right now I really like switching between leveling my warlock while improving the ilvl on my main. In addition, I enjoy the dungeons / raid content. Lastly, I also like chasing achievements and mount collecting. I certainly don’t mind grinding for rep and Pathfinder (WoD: done & BI: nearly done). I gladly leave PvP to others.

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognized Blizzard achievement*
I am not, as a player, hardcore enough to have experienced major achievements. As a casual player, I like to collect ‘small’ feel-good moments. Like grinding for an achievement or a mount and after significant effort finally getting it done. Or achieving a milestone like getting all the traits of your artifact weapon. Or reaching the Pathfinder requirements. Or having had a nice, clean run through an instance. Relatively simple stuff like that…

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
Nope, but with any luck that will change soon :-)

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
In 2011 I was introduced to the game by some colleagues / RL friends of mine. I joined their small, moderately active guild and they helped me out quite a bit in getting the basics down (which, to this day, I greatly appreciate). For me, a large part of the fun of WoW was (and to a large extent still is) a certain sense of community and chasing commonly set goals. The last 2 years, however, active attendance within our guild has dropped significantly and now there are only 2 players left (including me) that play on a regular basis. And 2 more that show up now and then. As a result, I have been solo-ing the game most of the time. The last couple of months, I started contemplating joining a larger and more active guild. Browsing the Thunderhorn / Wildhammer forum on Battle.net, I came across a post by Elysah (https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614543452) and I really liked what I read. You seem serious about the game, while you use a tone that is, at times, playful but always mature and respectful. Things I highly value.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
Yes.

(I like cliff-hangers…)

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
I tend to let the nature of my jokes depend on whoever’s in the room. And since I don’t really have a good feel for this particular room yet: here’s a pretty harmless one… Knock knock. Who’s there? Interrupting Cow. Interrupting Cow wh-- MOOOOOOOH!

Thx in advance for any consideration that you may give to this application. Cheers.

Winterberry
The Chosen

Liked in: 1 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Teyster - Retribution Paladin - Social / Raid

Postby Windavell » 22 Feb 2017, 14:30

Hi Teyster,
Thanks for the application. I had noticed you setting up a tent and camping the forum for the past week or more so its good to hear from you at last :) Also top marks for the joke, that did give me a chuckle on a boring work day.

You seem a like minded soul. Currently we are not as active as we were, as per Els post, but we still average around 10-12 a night, more on raid days. We can also advise with mythic+ prep and you would be welcome to take part in any groups going. As you are used to soloing, I gather from your app, do you do LFD groups at all or has it simply be solo or nothing?
In terms of improving, do you muddle along on your own or use any websites/addons to help?
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Winterberry » 22 Feb 2017, 14:57

Hahaha: yes, I háve indeed been lurking for a bit. Partly because I felt I had to break the news to the current guild before applying here and partly to get a feel for the place :-)

10-12 ppl online per on an average night seems like an unprecedented luxury from where I stand, so that would be more than fine as far as I am concerned!

And I have been doing both LFD's and solo-runs. Lately I have been doing some old instances for achievements, which obviously can be soloed easily. And with my current compadre I have been doing a number of Legion dungeons and raids through LFR/LFD (on several levels).

The improvement is done with a little bit of help from some websites, like noxxic, icyveins and wowhead. And I have drastically improved my UI and addon setup. Recently I started using lui, tellmewhen (to get a better initial feel for rotations), parrot, rangedisplay, shadowed unit frames. Anything to help me get a better (visual) grip on what's going on. And, of course I continue to use addons like omen, skada, dbm, etc.
Winterberry
The Chosen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 22 Feb 2017, 15:15

oh we'll get alone just fine. I use LUI (although I replaced some of its default, limited, extras with better versions), Skada, Range display (under-rated) and so on. Im very big on a good ui not so it looks pretty but so its informational. You need to be introduced to WeakAuras next, then you can ditch Tellmewhen and be better for it :D I have more addons than most people but every single one of them helps me with information.

Give me a /w ingame, just not if Im in Nighthold tonight (or sat/sun nights) as thats raid nights and I wont have time for a chat.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Winterberry » 22 Feb 2017, 15:18

Will do!
Winterberry
The Chosen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 23 Feb 2017, 00:06

If Wind's not around, feel free to give me a poke and we can have a chat :)
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?