GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Mutè - BM Hunter (Social)

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Mutè - BM Hunter (Social)

Postby Sinèrgy » 21 Feb 2017, 22:42

About You

Country & Region: London, United Kingdom

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Mutè, Human, transferred from Silvermoon following return to Wow 2 months ago

Level: 110

Class: Hunter

Spec: Beast master

Current ilvl: 781 (but working on it)

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)? Yes

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Slèdge, Thunderhorn, Alliance Human, Death Knight (Blood), lvl 59, unguilded

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Mining
Primary 2: Skinning

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?

None as yet due to gear level

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12: None

Emerald Nightmare - None
Trial of Valor - None
Nighthold - None

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

No

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Social: I have no current aspirations to raid
Levelling / Achievements

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30 - Yes, if needed
Saturday 20:30 CET until 23:30 - Yes, if needed
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30 - Yes, if needed

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I enjoy running dungeons with guildee's, questing, hunting achievements, soloing old content and helping levellers

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Mythic Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- PvP
- Achievements
- Auction House profiteering

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

There is no one thing I am particularly proud of at this time as I only recently returned to Wow.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them? No (Spoke briefly with a member named Windavell who was very friendly and explained the guild and join process to me)

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors? I would like to join a relaxed guild where I can make myself at home, chill and enjoy Wow for what it is - a relaxer after a work or on the weekends.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
I am unable to use voice software / headset as I am deaf.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

Can't think of a decent one right now tbh but rest assured I have a good sense of humor and enjoy guild chat etc

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... %A8/simple
Sinèrgy
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Mutè - BM Hunter (Social)

Postby Windavell » 22 Feb 2017, 10:32

Morning Mute,
Thanks for your application.

You mentioned to me last night that you might considering raiding in future. How likely is this to be? its not a deal breaker, Im just curious. We are looking for both socials and raiders and as we dont fix places its pretty flexible. Also, we dont use TS for raiding so your hearing difficulties wouldnt be a problem at all.

You mentioned you were BM spec, any particular reason for that? we have 2 hunters currently, one is BM and the other is Marks. For raiding Marks is pulling ahead. Survival is interesting, I keep meaning to give this a try as it looks fun in pvp.

For your playstyle, are you someone who looks things up to improve or is content to make it up as you go along?
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Sinèrgy » 22 Feb 2017, 12:23

Hi Windavell

Thanks for the quick reply, it was great to speak with you (/w) last night re the guild.

The fact that you do not use TS for raiding certainly changes things for me re communication difficulties during raiding etc, I think given time to gear up etc I would definitely be up for raiding on a casual basis in the future. I have spent the last couple of months levelling my characters from 90 and only transferred to Thunderhorn a few days ago so still kinda settling in.

Re the BM spec, my intention was to solo the game going forward chasing achieves, solo raids etc. I am used to isolated activities (for obvious reasons) and pretty much tend to sway that way by nature but our conversation and the friendly attitude of the guild GM appears to be changing my outlook. :)

Sooo, If the guild would prefer my hunter to be MM then I would be more than happy to develop the spec for the greater good. I am an analytical person and thoroughly enjoy spending time researching a characters specs, abilities, rotations/priorities, as well as tactics for dungs, raids etc via Icy Veins, google, wowhead, etc so no worries there.

It might also be of interest to the guild that I have a 110 Resto Shammy tucked away on Silvermoon server who is gear lvl 792, I enjoyed healing with him in previous expansions and would not mind transferring him to Thunderhorn if we are in need of healers. I must confess though, I tried pugging with him for a while in Legion dungeons but random groups tend to punish a healer returning after a 3 1/2 year break in terms of huge pulls, ninja pulls and peeps standing in **** all the time. As a result I decided to rather stop playing him and instead decided to levelled my hunter for solo play which was far more enjoyable at the time.

That said, given a good guild such as yours and the opportunity to improve my healing skills in a more controlled manner (guildees running dungeons, mythics etc) I would definitely be up for maining my Shammy if the opportunity arose.

Hope the above answers your questions, happy to answer any more you might have.

:)
Sinèrgy
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 22 Feb 2017, 12:36

Thanks for that, we have a similar approach and I like your outlook.

Regarding your shaman, we are currently in a mixed placed for healers. We have 3 raid nights currently and they seem to change between too many healers (so the spares dps) to not enough. So I couldnt really add more to that mix, at least not yet but its something that might be a good option for the future.
Im terms of guild runs, people like myself dont like pugging so only do guild groups or no group at all so it would be a good place for you to lean in a more controlled manner even if its on an alt as more healers for dungeons is never a bad thing.

With the raids themselves, depending on how you define casual (seems to vary widely) you would probably fit in well here with your approach to improving.

/w me in game when you are next online to take this further. If Im in Nighthold, tonight, Im raiding so wont be able to respond to /w's though.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Sinèrgy » 22 Feb 2017, 13:00

No worries, will do.
Sinèrgy
Ex Guildie