GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Declined] Gulsam - demo lock - social/raider/etc

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Declined] Gulsam - demo lock - social/raider/etc

Postby gulsam » 31 Jan 2017, 23:38

About You

Country & Region: UK, West Midlands

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Gulsam, orc -> undead -> to whatever next, currently on frostwhisper, guildless

Level: 110

Class: Warlock

Spec: Demonology

Current ilvl: 840

Is this your main character? Yes

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Vöpt, Outland, alliance, hunter (bm), 100, guildless

Would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

I would be willing to consider moving my alt if it was wanted/needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: alch (4)
Primary 2: herb (257)

Raiding Experience
[i]Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare -> normal 6/7 missed Cenarius
Trial of Valor -> none

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why? No thank you I do not believe I make a very good leader.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I can commit to every raid each week
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed
Social: I have no current aspirations to raid
Levelling

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Friday 21:00 CET until 00:00
Saturday 20:30 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I started out my wow experience as a destruction lock, so with this expansion I decided I wanted to go back to where I started, having played the spec from 100 - 110 and doing early dungeons/mythics I really enjoyed the spec, I moved house early on in the expansion and on returning to play (this took a while thanks to sky broadband....), most of my guild/friends had burn't out I have been playing since on my own, since I hadn't tried the other two specifications I spent some time messing around on the dummies and found that I really enjoyed the nature of the rotation with demonology being semi reactive/organised, it also fit well with world questing and what I have been playing content wise.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- PvP
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

Being able to reflect fairly on the last ~12 years of world of warcraft and realise that Blizzard are always trying to push the game forwards in a positive manner. Trying and enjoying the content they put out for us players to enjoy without lashing out and bashing them for minor mistakes or upsets.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

No.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

I read the forum post https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615041668 as I have recently been looking for somewhere to fit in, having read through some of the applications this guild seems to be the right balance of commitment and social that I have always enjoyed whilst playing with groups of friends.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

I am an engineer by day working within the plastics moulding industry, I play many other games, dota 2, lol, diablo 3 etc,I have a springer spaniel <- quality dogs.. err yeh :)
thanks for the consideration,
Sam

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

This made me chuckle out lout in the office the other week in a plastics mag..

Why did the Higgs Boson go to church? ... For the mass :rofl2:

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... sam/simple
gulsam

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Gulsam - demo lock - social/raider/etc

Postby Windavell » 01 Feb 2017, 09:46

ah industry related jokes, you either get them or you dont. I liked that one though.

thanks for the application.

In your title you cover all basis in terms of what you want but if you were invited would you be actively seeking to join in with raids? currently we list 2-3 a week, no attendance requirements, there might be a 4th option in future when numbers pickup again. If you would be looking to raid, what kind of raider are you? i,e min/maxer, rager, relaxed but try hard etc? while we arent aiming for server firsts we do have some requirements.
Note: I realise your ilvl is a little low for raiding nighthold currently so obviously thats a work in progress
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby gulsam » 01 Feb 2017, 21:02

Hey thanks for replying so quickly.

Yes made me smile also :)

To answer your question I would be active and would fill a void if available if not I am happy to just be part of a collective of like minded players, my application was probably not that clear as I didn't delete any options on that specific section and that was really because I just enjoy playing I haven't raided since the start of the expansion since everyone I was playing with slowly moved away.. I did have a break of a month or so waiting for sky to activate broadband :headbang: since returning I have mainly been experiencing other classes and returning to the AP/AK grind in the hopes of salvaging a chance at some content at somepoint.

I enjoyed the mythic + experience so by all means I do not need a raid spot.. just someone to possibly play with :bye:

In terms of the type of player I am, I guess being honest I have had rage filled moments (usually at myself), but generally I am the type of person who is willing to stay till something is done (to the downside of being on time to work ^^), suggest/try new things in an attempt to get things done etc.

ilvl I agree is clearly a barrier but that can always be improved upon..

Sam
gulsam

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 01 Feb 2017, 22:43

goodman
/w me in game for a chat when you can. Im on most evenings just please dont do it if Im in Nighthold on Sat or Sunday even. Any other time and its likely LFR
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 04 Feb 2017, 23:40

if I've not heard anything by monday I will assume this app is dead as applicant is actively playing WOW so not afk.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 08 Feb 2017, 10:47

Application rejected due to lack of response.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?