GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Priamel - Shadowpriest - Social

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Priamel - Shadowpriest - Social

Postby Priamel » 07 Jan 2017, 04:33

About You

Country and Region: New Zealand (UK up until about 4 years ago)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character
Character Name:Priamel (no name or server changes)

Level:110
Class:Priest

Spec: Shadow
Current ilvl: 854

Is this your main character?Yep

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Below I have listed Alts that I consider to be 'active', Level 60 and above. I'm happy to move alts into the guild, but moving any of mine below L60 would swell the guild roster for no benefit.

Spuzzin (Previous Main), Thunderhorn, Alliance, L100 Rogue, Nubs and Gnomes
Spuzzdem, Thunderhorn, Alliance, L110 Demon Hunter, Nubs and Gnomes
Huntorf, Thunderhorn, Alliance, L88 Hunter, Nubs and Gnomes
Spuzz, Thunderhorn, Alliance, L80 Warlock, Guildless
Another 9 alts <L60.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professions
Primary 1:Enchanting (582)
Primary 2: Alchemy (658)
Raiding Experience
[Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare -LFR
Trial of Valor - None

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why? No
Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Social: I have no current aspirations to raid due to location and time difference. Having said that I do have substantial raiding experience. If the need arose I could and would step into a raid spot if the guild required.
Levelling: Currently taking a hunter through from L1 to experience some of the cataclysm content I haven't seen before.

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.
I could do Friday and Saturday nights, EU time. (Saturday and Sunday morning for me).

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
I've detailed below how I ended up playing a Shadowpriest. It's worth noting that I've never really played a healer. I've done backup healing in 5-mans with tanks geared for endgame raiding....that really doesn't count as healing in my book.
Like most people I use icy-veins as a source for rotations. I haven't done anywhere near enough raiding at L110 to assess effectiveness of either the stated rotations or my own ability to do significant DPS with the current content.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic Runs, never actually done any but they sound more like what I enjoy. Small focussed group with specific goals in mind
- Heroics
- Levelling alts
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Achievements
- Auction House profiteering
- PvP

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

Acceptance into Reborn for progression raiding. When I first applied to Reborn I applied with my Rogue and my Shadowpriest (back when a Shadowpriest or 2 was a raid requirement). All the Rogue places were full and my Shadowpriest was a secondary character and not geared sufficiently for endgame raiding. So, for a month or so, I worked my ass off gearing up my Shadowpriest to meet Songmans minimum requirements. To be honest I didn't quite get there but the progress made in that month impressed my Class Officer and he game me a shot. I raiding with them all through TBC and WoTL including being part of the team that got The Grand Crusader Realm First.

Raiding Naxx and blasting with Mind Sear before the nerf was kinda fun too for a while. One button raiding did get boring after the first couple of nights though, but it was nice to briefly top the damage meters with room to spare.
Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
Not that I know off, I don't recognise any names in the guild roster. I've been around Thunderhorn since Vanilla so some of them may know me.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
The first thing is that you guys still require a formal application, you select who joins your guild. Guilds formed around random guild invites rarely have the same connections, the same vibe, the same togetherness as those formed around concious decisions.
Secondly, the guild has been around in one form or another as long as I have.
Thirdly, I've seen comments on the Thunderhorn forum and the guild forum that show you guys have that mix of seriousness when raiding without taking yourselves too seriously. I had a short conversation with Shankley, checking if my location in NZ would be a problem and again it felt good. It was polite, friendly, mature. That's what I'm after from a guild.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
Ok, so I've tried to keep the answers to the above questions short and to the point. I'll expand on things here.
I've been around Thunderhorn since the Vanilla days. I started off in "The One" an awesome social guild and Els was a fantastic Guild Leader. However being a social guild we weren't raiding seriously, although we were part of a raiding alliance that wasn't making much progress. A guildie, Celestial, left and formed Divine Insane Entities (DIE) and eventually I moved to DIE with my Rogue and raided through MC, BWL and AQ. When DIE disbanded I briefly bounced around a couple of raid guilds until an offshoot of DIE was formed, Resistance is Futile (RiF). We were a small guild raiding 10-man content and it was great fun. Eventually RiF folded but I wanted to see all I could of WoW so started looking to join a progression guild. As mentioned above I joined Reborn, switched my main from Rogue to Shadowpriest, raided through until the Lich King himself. At that point RL got in the way and I left WOW for a long time. I came back briefly for MoP, hated it, came back for Legion and I'm really enjoying the game again.
My current guild, Nubs and Gnomes, is a placeholder for those of us who raided with DIE and RIF. The people in the guild are friends I've had for 10+ years but they're not currently active in WoW and it's kinda lonely (ahhhhhh, sad face). I miss the guildchat banter when I'm playing.

I now live in New Zealand but couldn't leave Thunderhorn. The time zone difference obviously means raiding is mostly out and it also means I tend to be online at weird times from an EU perspective. There is no lag when doing 5-10 man instances, but 25-man raids don't go well.

One thing this application form doesn't ask is "What can I offer the guild?". I won't be raiding but when I was I was one of those sat outside Black Temple 20 minutes before raid time, fully repaired, potions stocked, ready to go. That level of preparation goes for pretty much everything. I'm well behind on the tactics for instances and raids from Cat through to WoD but I put the time in to learn, to prepare. Anyone else remember that crazy flash game for BT's Teron Gorefiend? So what can I offer the Highland Warriors as a social player? Comaraderie and banter in guildchat, seriousness in instances.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
I see you saved the hardest question for last....jokes are not my thing. Only one I can think of is from when I was a very small kid.....What goes Ha Ha Bonk, Ha Ha Bonk? A man laughing his head of.

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Priamel/simple
Priamel
The Fallen

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Priamel - Shadowpriest - Social

Postby Windavell » 07 Jan 2017, 09:32

Morning Priamel, thanks for the well written application with good use of the glow effect. Also for putting in a joke that made me lol. Top marks.

we have been around since 2005, you are right, and I've been GM all that time as well. We've always been the same guild focusing on guild spirit over anything else but also raiding everything as well throughout all that time.

I think it would be best if you contact me ingame for a chat, what hours are you normally online?
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Priamel - Shadowpriest - Social

Postby Priamel » 07 Jan 2017, 18:43

Thanks Windavell, I'm usually on around 6pm or later UK time at the weekends. I'm currently levelling my hunter (Huntorf) but I'll keep an eye out for you.

Pri.
Priamel
The Fallen

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?