GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Imuerto application

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Imuerto application

Postby Imuerto » 04 Dec 2016, 22:40

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About You

Age: Very old.... Do I have to answer this. Above 40. Lets keep it at that. Yes we like to play games as well....

Country & Region: Norway, Oslo (Capitol if someone is interested)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Imuerto (Like in spanish for I am death.. Yes it is lame. Remember age here)

Level: 101

Class: Death Knight

Spec: Huh.. First time player. What's this? Blood?Tank?

Current ilvl: ilvl? Don't understand.

Is this your main character? Yes!

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild: Just played around a clouple of lvl's on alts. Just to choose my character. I dont consider them alts.

Would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)? Sure thing! Just got to make em first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Mining
Primary 2: Blacksmith ( Not active )

Raiding Experience
[i]Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare : Never been there. Remember I'm an first timer!
Trial of Valor : Never been there. Remember I'm an first timer!

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why? AS for now, nope. Having troubles finding out the menu system.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed
Ok?

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Friday 21:00 CET until 00:00
Saturday 20:30 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

I can play most days. But it depens on real life I guess... (Hey I got 3 kids!)

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
Too advace for me...

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
Eh.. I don't know. Making the Blizzard account?

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
Sierraart. Is the person that pointet me here. Very nice person :) *hugs*

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
Well... Every other guild that recruits me ingame turns out to be ****. Then I met Sierraart. ( Did I mention ... Oh well I did). She told me of you guys. And it sounded very interesting.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
I'm a real life noob. I really liked DOOM. But I'm old.
Don't judge me for being slow on the uptake. I'm old!

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
OK... in Norwegian then. (Try google translate it...)
Tøffelhelter er også helter! ( More of a slogan really )

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... rto/simple
Imuerto
Minion

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Imuerto application

Postby Windavell » 05 Dec 2016, 11:44

hi, thanks for the application.

Im not sure 40+ is old, we have a lot of people either close to or over 40 with a couple into their 60s. So not getting off lightly playing the age card :p

I will consider this as a social application, due to your newness of the game and currently level, which is not a problem it just means I dont have to ask you lots of things I would a raider.

Im not sure whats Sie told you exactly but a brief outline is that we are a social guild, who value people and community interactive be it verbally or via grouping etc. As a new player theres a lot of advice and help you could gain by being here so thats a good plus point. And if you are socially minded, even if its just chipping into conversations, thats a plus for us.
That said, while people will help you as much as they can I do need to point out that some people in the past have joined expecting us to walk them through everything, every quest, every dungeon etc and got upset when we didnt. Im not saying thats what you are after but its better if its clear up front, as an old man ;) Im not sure thats not what you are expecting, it tends to be the younger ones after this.

so that out of the way, whats your online time like?
what are you looking for in a guild?
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Imuerto » 07 Dec 2016, 03:01

Thanks for answer Guild leader.

I will first point out that I seriously doubt you got 60+ players here... age speaking. Ok we are from different countries. ... But I'll have to meet these really old gamers to be convinced.
You can put me in whatever role you want... As you said, I'm a full frontal noob. I'm still stuggeling with what buttons do what.
I'm not enticipating much. What Sierraart had done for me at this point is more than I could hope for. (Like this girl)
What I'm looking for is a community where I can participate and feel home. Not a resource I can tap into when I want.
The guild I been apart of now feels relative dull, non repondenent, few online and not very .... how should I put this... together.
Back in the old days (bacouse I still feel I'm old) I was one of scandinavias guild generals in an game called Anarchy Online (Great game) And I know how a player should feel apart of the same community.

Back to your questions..
My onlime time varies alot. I'm mostly online every day. But now I got alot to do before Christmas. So I'll log in pretty late.
Otherwise arund 8-9.
And for the second question... I belive I already answerd that. I got some friend at the Older Gamers guild. But I don't want to join them here. I meet them RL enugh.
This is the first guild I apply to. So I'm not 100% sure about this. Mostly I'm her beacouse of Sierraart. I trust that girl.
Besides that... I tend to stay loyal. I'm not a frekvent shifter.

Almost forgot to say... not there yet... but anyways
Merry Christmas :) (soon!)
Imuerto
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 08 Dec 2016, 11:22

Im not sure how to take your reply, if Im honest. It seems like you are calling me a liar on a subject I have no reason, or wish to lie about. And thats never a good start.

I spoke to Sierraa last night who seems to think you are a nice guy worthy of a chance with us. So moving on...
What do you do to improve yourself/character? obviously you think you are a total noob with much to learn, as you've said as much, so what resources do you use if any? or do you just sort of learn as you go?
we arent looking for super elite people, so dont get me wrong, everyone starts somewhere, I started in wow 12 years ago and Im still learning new things.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Imuerto » 11 Dec 2016, 22:25

Hi again Windawell

1. I would first like to point out that it was not my intention to call you a lier. And I agree with your reasoning that is a poor start.
It suprised me that you got players over the age of 60. Thatt was the point I was trying to make. In no way did I try to affend you.
That said, I hope this is a guild with sosial happines. I take bad to military structure on a regulary base. Ok in raids, but not all the time.

2. Moving on... Right now I'm just trying to lvl up to 110, and get some usuable gear along the way. I like to do some randome dungeons along the way. Not more focus than that. Still learning about this game. I'm learning as I go.

3. I'm no super elite player at all. I suppose I'll be more interested in tweaking my charachters as I have had more playtime. But for now, its more a casual style of dealing with things.
I remember I used alot of time tweaking at Anarchy Online. That was fun. But I need more general mastering first.

Hope you find my answer to your likeing.
Imuerto
Imuerto
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 16 Dec 2016, 11:11

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the reply.

please contact me in game for a chat, ideally not when Im in a dungeon as it will be hard to reply properly. Im online most nights.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?