GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Mccleuod, Monk, Raider/Social

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Mccleuod, Monk, Raider/Social

Postby Mccleuod » 02 Nov 2016, 19:37

About You

Age: 36 (I think, I stopped keeping track at 30. What year is it?)

Country & Region: Germany, but American by birth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:

Level: 110

Class: Monk (pandaren)

Spec: windwalker

Played time ( /played in game to find this out) : 77 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes

Is this your main character? yes

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
I'm only going to list the chars I've played in the last 4 years, for the sake of simplicity. (I have some alts that haven't been played since WoLK)
Mcherculeson, Thunderhorn, nelf healer drood, 110, no guild
Finnegan, Thunderhorn, worgen rage warrior, 105, no guild
Cutiegnomb, Thunderhorn, gnome warlock, 100, no guild
Zenstar, Thunderhorn, gnome mage, 100, no guild
Rennauldo, Thunderhorn, dwarf priest, 100, no guild
Frangisa, Thunderhorn, dranny pally, 100, no guild
Imabankybish, Thunderhorn, human somethingorother, 1, Tempest (bank guild)
Klaye, Thunderhorn, human rogue, 53, no guild
Gonnagale, Thunderhorn, pandy shammy, 24, no guild
Teitan, Ulduar (German realm), tauren warrior, 90, dunno guild status
Morell, Ulduar (German realm), tauren druid, 85, dunno guild status

Would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?
After a trial period, quite possibly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Leatherworking (800)
Primary 2: Skinning (800)

List any special or rare recipes: I've been playing this char since pandaria, so plenty of 'ancient' recipes but I don't have all of the broken isles recipes yet.

Raiding Experience
[i]Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:
Highmaul: LFR done, Normal 5/7
Blackrock Foundry Just LFR
Hellfire Citadel LFR done, Normal 11/13
I didn't really like WoD, so I didn't play much. I more or less quit WoW for a year.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
No thank you, I'd rather be just one part of a smoothly-oiled team, and take care of my part.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend but won't /ragequit if I don't make the group
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed
Social: I have no current aspirations to raid

Ideally, I'd like to raid every week and continue to progress with my guild...but I'm also a husband and father of a two-year-old and a five-month-old, and family comes first. I suppose the best answer is to add me as a backup raider, and I'll come when I can/when there's room.

Levelling

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Friday 21:00 CET until 00:00
Saturday 20:30 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30
NONE of these blocks are impossible due to appointments, but see the previous section for my situation.

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
I was a healer monk at first, and then in MoP we suddenly got nerfed a few weeks after I dinged 90. Then tweaked it but decided to simply live with the problems instead of sorting them out then. I tried to keep with it but eventually switched to punchy because windwalkers have always been effective. I've heard they fixed the problems with Broken Isles, and intend to try it out when...IF...I have time. For now, I'm all dps. I DO have Mcherculeson almost as geared up, and he's a dedicated healer drood.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Inguild only group instancing
- Spamming Looking for Raid
- Levelling professions to max
- Social questing with guild mates
- Solo questing
- Levelling existing alts (usually only to max professions but with Broken Isles they've made that somewhat involved, so I doubt it this expansion)
- Challenge mode (only with people I know)
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
I was the off-tank for my guild in Anachronos (Character: Renault, level 80 warrior (still level 80 now, and wearing the exact same gear)) when we took down the LK in 25-man, we were the second in our realm to do it. I woke my whole student house up shouting. This was a while ago, of course...but still.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
Just Sierraart, I've known her since farming Garnia for the pet on timeless. She said this was a nice guild, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
In a word: mythics. There's no group-finder. Video games have taken a back seat to life a lot but I've got a bit more time now that the kids are settling into a routine, and I play well with others. I'd like to be able to explore WoW and game and enjoy, and I'd like a nice guild to do that. I never charge guildees, I help when I can, and I push myself to do my part in group. I won't try to say I'm the best player, but I'll be damned if I'm the worst.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
I'm a gamer, like all of us. I started on Atari and god only knows what I'll be playing a week before my fatal heart attack. It's my stress reliever, and I do what I can to help others to enjoy it as much as I do. I'm social and friendly, never abusive, and if I weren't so damn humble I'd probably stare at my devilishly good looks all day in the mirror. I'm also surprisingly modest. Somehow, I'm sure we can all enjoy the game together!

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
Well, knock-knock jokes are out, so I guess I'll go with my wife's favorite: a guy walked into a bar and saw a man 25 cm tall playing a little piano on the bar. He asked what had happened and the barkeep, with a pained expression, explained that there was a genie in a bottle who granted wishes, but warned him against using it. Of course the guy went and rubbed the lamp, and the genie came out and said "What ith your wisth?" The man said "I want a million bucks!" The genie said "your wisth ith my command!" With that he clapped his hands...and the bar was filled to bursting with ducks. Sometime later, while cleaning up the duck crap, the bartender said "I told you not to ask him anything; that genie's deaf. Do you really think I asked for a 25-cm-long pianist?"
*shrug* What can I say? She's got a dirty mind. :halo:
Mccleuod
The Fallen

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Mccleuod, Monk, Raider/Social

Postby Nightmarish » 03 Nov 2016, 13:45

Hi Mccleuod

Thank you for your applications.

So before we move this along I have one question.

I am not sure how much you have spoken to Sie regarding how the guild operates but your reply about a "maybe" to all alts being in the guild needs to be a yes or no.

Just so you know before you reply, all alts which are on alliance and are on Thunderhorn/Wildhammer need to be in the guild (except bank alt) if this is an issue in any way then the application would be declined.

The reason we ask of this is because we expect the majority of your play time to be within the guild.
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Mccleuod » 03 Nov 2016, 15:00

I have no problem with this, so I'm happy to bring all of my alts into the guild, excepting my one bank alt of course :)
Mccleuod
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 03 Nov 2016, 15:12

OK that's great :-)

As you are looking to raid can i ask what kind of sites do you use to keep up to date with your class?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Mccleuod » 03 Nov 2016, 15:16

Icy veins, baby. I use recount or some such to see where my dmg is. I'm done with the Emerald Nightmare (normal) and was usually north of 150k dps. I'm pushing towards 200, but artifact relics are dragging me down atm :headbang: Come on world quests!

For tactics, I try to watch the youtube videos before the raid.
Mccleuod
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 04 Nov 2016, 09:28

Ok that all good.

Just wanted to ask one more thing really. when you answered the below reply. I know you elaborated a bit more after, but I guess i just wanted to clarify that if mythics is a major reason to join a guild (which is understandable) then perhaps it's not the best reason.

Further along in your reply you mention about enjoying to play in a group and helping guildies which is great, but i guess the way you replied comes across as mythics are your motivation.

Mccleuod wrote:Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
In a word: mythics. There's no group-finder.:
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Mccleuod » 04 Nov 2016, 10:13

Being an American, I was taught flowery language. It's why I tend towards hedging words, such as "quite possibly," when what I really mean is "yes." Then I moved to Germany, where I've been for 8 years. They value direct, blunt honesty above all else. I answered succinctly with my first thought, but gave a bit more info. In short, mythics aren't my only motivation, but they do play a major part in it.

I like to do mythics, and challenges, and raids, and just general group partying, and I like to do it with people I know who gradually become friends over time. That's how it should work, right? I have a number of friends in WoW from past gaming, hunting, farming, raiding, guilds, etc (on various servers even), but they're gradually going off to Starcraft or Assassin's Creed or going old-school and getting DOS emulators to play Master of Orion 2 (great game, btw) and I find myself more and more without players, or maybe one or two short of the party we need. This expansion seems set up to require a lot of friends. There are ways to accomplish that, and one of the best is...find a good guild. I asked around with my friends, and checked the sites, and I'm most interested in your guild (the only one I'm currently applying to). Also, wowwiki isn't as fast or as much fun as asking in guild chat. Me being a fair-minded guy, I also speak in guild chat when someone asks something I know, like the Underlight Angler rod (mine's level 13 atm). One hand washes the other, as they say.

I can't say I know what the best reason to join a guild is, but that's mine. :nice:

Oh, I do have one question: I left a guild in WoD because the raiding teams got messed up by too many people drinking...especially the raid leader. That sort of thing won't be allowed in this guild, will it? While I can't promise to be there every week because of my fam, when I come I come with enchants and pots and tacs and reasonably sober and ready to punch things into next Tuesday for the greater looting good of all my buds, and I'd appreciate the same. Not total sobriety of course, but not falling-down drunk either please!
Mccleuod
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 04 Nov 2016, 10:33

Thank you for your reply. I think that covers everything nicely.

That's a first for me to come across a guild raiding while under the influence.... If it makes you feel anymore reassured i am teetotal ;-) but with regards to raiding we take it seriously. We expect any raider to fulfill certain requirements before they are even able to sign up to raid, they must be fully prepared also, that includes pots/flasks/enchants and tactics and of course making sure you know your class.

I know you messaged me yesterday a little early perhaps :-) but we can have that chat now, i shall be online tonight and we can cover anything else you might want to know.

Talk to you soon
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Mccleuod » 04 Nov 2016, 10:48

I'll be on tonight but sporadically. Game night with a buddy, he wants to try Minecraft. I've never done before, so why not? We have a nice set-up: my wife and I own a small language school so we just use that, I was a stickler for comfortable chairs, and we've got an arrangement with the Italian place next door to bring us our food/drinks. We'll have fun, but it'll keep me busy most of the night. Do you have time a bit earlier? Say in the next hour or so? I've got an open space today. If not, then I'll make time around 7 game time. Sound alright?
Mccleuod
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 04 Nov 2016, 11:22

I am sporadically on tonight as i have some things i need to do also so if i am about grab me if not then we can chat over the weekend. There's no rush.
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: [Trial] Mccleuod, Monk, Raider/Social

Postby Nightmarish » 07 Nov 2016, 05:34

Trial offered
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie