GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Loftlarge Warlock Raiding

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Loftlarge Warlock Raiding

Postby Fredkarno » 29 Sep 2016, 18:23

Country & Region: England Nottingham

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character;

I have recently returned to the game and have so far levelled three characters. I'm enjoying playing the Warlock most so far, so it is my best geared. I also have Priest and Mage levelled so far. Happy to heal or dps, not tanked since vanilla though. I have other toons at 100, happy to level any as required.

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:

Loftylarge Gnome, no server changes on any of my toons.

Level: 110

Class: Warlock

Spec: Affliction/Destruction

Played time ( /played in game to find this out) : 457 days total, only 16 on this warlock.

Is this your main character? So far this ex-pac, but happy to play any toon as required.

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Thunderhorn
Troytempest
110 Shadow Priest
Loftylarge
110 Affliction Warlock
Fredkarno
110 Fire Mage
Steptoe
100 Enhancement Shaman
Herculees
101 Protection Paladin
Septicsid
56 Death Knight
Beldgabred
100 Beast Mastery Hunter
Mightyquinn
45 Brewmaster Monk
Hengest
100 Subtlety Rogue
Argent Dawn
Billybigstep
100 Destruction Warlock

Would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?
Yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Engineering Mining

Primary 2: Herbs pots.

List any special or rare recipes:

Raiding Experience
[i]Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:
Highmaul
Blackrock Foundry
Hellfire Citadel

Not raided for a good few years, not been near to the curve since Litch King.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
No.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I would like to raid.
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend but won't /ragequit if I don't make the group
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Friday 21:00 CET until 00:00
Saturday 20:30 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Any time, any day.

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I suppose I levelled the Warlock first this x-pac as it is easy to play solo, more difficult to top the meters though currently, although I'm enjoying the recent little buffs. I tend to prefer Affliction but putting some into Destruction as it's widely quoted as giving the best numbers. Typically Grimoir of Service for the 2 interrupts.

Priest is Shadow/Holy, would have liked to heal Disc but haven't had the time to do the necessary practice with it.

Mage, like most mages it seems, is Fire. Great fun as a change from the turret-type play of the 'lock. Gives the impression of doing great damage but the numbers are a little low, needs gear.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances (prefer guild runs but will pug if necessary)
- In guild only group instancing
- Levelling professions to max (only as required rather than for fun)
- Social questing with guild mates
- Solo questing
- Looking at the scenary/exploring
- Levelling existing alts
- PvP (not done much pvp, not done any this x-pac but have had times when I've enjoyed it)
- Challenge mode
- Achievements
- Auction House profiteering (I'm no entrepreneur, auctioneer addon is my friend)

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

Being main tank for my guild in vanilla. Happy days.
The 'undying' achievement but I will always regret I never became immortal :)

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

Not as far as I know, I have been aware of Highland Warriors on Thunderhorn over the years.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

My guild was The English Crusaders but it folded some years ago. A few of us moved to my current guild The Pariahs but there's only a few of us. We can't progress and the guild looks unlikely ever to grow again. I cannot claim any special interest in the Highland Warriors other than I know you have been around and have survived the years.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
I'm an older player at 56. I need something to aim for in WoW beyond levelling all my toons then waiting for the next ex-pac. I get a big kick out of progression, something to aim for.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him go faster.
If anything it made him more sluggish.
Fredkarno
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Loftlarge Warlock Raiding

Postby Nightmarish » 29 Sep 2016, 18:44

Hi Loftylarge,

Thank you for your application, can i ask since you mentioned a few classes as what you are prepared to raid with is Warlock your preferred class?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Fredkarno » 29 Sep 2016, 19:32

I'm happy to play whatever is most needed, heals or dps.

If there is a class I really don't enjoy after levelling it then I would say.
Fredkarno
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 29 Sep 2016, 19:42

At the current time we are good for healing/tanking so its just down to choice of dps really. That said, every time I say this we lose some healers/tanks so it could all change in a week.

The reason we ask is that raiding is done on Mains, not Alts. So when applying you do need to keep this in mind as that is what you will be raiding on unless things change and you offer up an alt to swap mains to in future. We prefer people to play what they like, although its great when that lines up to what we need as well.
From looking at our roster we have 3 shadow priests and 3 locks but no mages. I have no preference on what you pick out of your top 3 alts but a mage could be useful.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Fredkarno » 29 Sep 2016, 19:45

In that case I'm happy to say mage as main, only possible problem is I'll need a few days to get him to 830ish.

Thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated.
Fredkarno
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 29 Sep 2016, 19:50

Well thats no rush on our end, we dont recruit people based on their ilvl.

Nightmarish does the apps normally but as he is raiding this even I thought I would fire off some replies. Likely next step would be for you to catch him ingame for a chat. Not tonight as he is raiding unless its after 23.30 server time.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Fredkarno » 29 Sep 2016, 19:58

Thank you.

I'll be on until late.
Fredkarno
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 29 Sep 2016, 21:39

Hi Lofty

I am done in raid, so if you are still around give me a poke
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Fredkarno » 29 Sep 2016, 23:08

Sorry Nightmarish, I think you'd logged off before I saw this. I've sent a friend request so hopefully chat tomorrow.

Cheers.

EDIT; My Battle Net name is SepticSid
Fredkarno
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: [Trial] Loftlarge Warlock Raiding

Postby Nightmarish » 30 Sep 2016, 20:02

Trial offered main will be Mage
Nightmarish