GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Sonofthewear - Prot Warrior - Social Application

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Sonofthewear - Prot Warrior - Social Application

Postby Sonofthewear » 24 Sep 2016, 09:52

About You

Country & Region: UK, London

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Sonofthewear, previously on Eonar EU and at one time a Human.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... ear/simple

Level: 110

Class: Warrior

Spec: Prot

Played time ( /played in game to find this out) : 357 days, 9 hours, 5 mins.

Is this your main character? Yes

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Illicio level 103 DH Alliance Wildhammer Demise Guild

Sontine level 47 Mage Alliance Wildhammer Demise Guild

Goode level 92 Shammy Alliance Eonar Demise Guild

Sono level 100 Warlock Alliance Eonar Demise guild

Phos Level 90 Pally Alliance Eonar Demise Guild

Obligatory Level 85 DK Alliance Eonar Demise Guild

Worganfreemn Level 87 Rogue Alliance Eonar Demise Guild

Azorahai Level 80 Hunter Alliance Eonar Demise Guild

Ludos Level 28 Mage Alliance Eonar Demise Guild

Ghotrag level 25 Warrior Horde Eonar Demise Guild

Elftank level 2 Warrior Alliance Eonar Demise Guild

Xufu level 90 Monk Alliance Eonar Demise Guild

Would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

I have a number of alts that I have on my old server Eonar that I have not touched in a long time. To move them to this server would cost me a small fortune and I can't really justify doing that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Blacksmith
Primary 2: Jewelcrafting

List any special or rare recipes:
None that I am aware of.

Raiding Experience
[i]Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:
Highmaul: LFR Cleared.
Blackrock Foundry: LFR Cleared.
Hellfire Citadel: LFR Cleared.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

No I do not, was an officer in my previous guild, had input with boss tactics and sorting out raid teams. I am not looking for that responsibility again.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Backup Raider: Possibly in the future but not at the present time.
Social: I have no current aspirations to raid
Levelling

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

This is my main character from the time I first started wow. I bumbled along not really knowing what I was doing for the first few months, think I tried tanking in arms for a bit as I found a cool sword! Over the next few years I played fury as in Kara we had two very good tanks. Then my chance to shine came when we did Gruuls lair, I got to be an add tank on High King Maulgar. Ive not really looked back since, Tanked all of the content from BC all the way up to SOO in Mists of Pandaria at that point real life meant that my raiding days had to take a backseat.

When I'm in a dungeon or raid, I read up on my tactics, follow instructions, don't stand in the crap on the floor and try to keep mobs off others!

I read mmo-champ forums, reddit, icy-veins, blizzardwatch.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Inguild only group instancing
- Spamming Looking for Raid
- Levelling professions to max
- Social questing with guild mates
- Solo questing
- Looking at the scenary/exploring
- Levelling existing alts
- Challenge mode
- Achievements
- Auction House profiteering

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

In game terms I think the best achievement our guild ever had was killing Lady Vashj pre nerf, that one we worked for weeks on and the feeling to get her down was amazing never had the same feeling on a boss since. I was lucky enough to twice get realm first JC with some abuse from someone on my server doing it at the same time (still have the screenshots of the whispers from that particular player).

But Im most proud of making a lot of great friends from the guild I was in, we met in person, went out for too many drinks and was lucky enough to be invited to a wedding between two of our players (they did know each other before wow!)

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

I can't say I do, when I was looking through your applications I did see that a friend of mine from my previous Guild applied here last year. I know he has not been playing in a while and don't know if he still is here. Nightmare.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

Im looking for an active, friendly guild where I can make some new friends, run some 5 man mythics and your guild seems to tick the boxes for me.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

I am making this application not only for myself but for some of my guild members also (they will be making their own applications). We have been together since pretty much BC, we moved to Wildhammer from Eonar to try and kickstart our raiding team after Wrath as many of us could not commit to 3-4 nights a week raiding because of work, babies, dviorces, deaths….you get the idea. But sadly the server move signaled the end for most of our ageing (they will kill me when they see this!!!) raiders. And our guild Demise lost members over the last year with WOD not really offering anything to do at max level.

But then Legion came along, we have world quests and Mythic 5 mans, and class campaigns. Finally something to do if you can't raid!!!!

This will be a very new experience for us to move to another guild and not be involved with the running of it and i can't wait for that. You will find we are all helpful and friendly people who just want to find a new home. (P.S. I have made it sound like there are hundreds of us, its only few! The rest of the guild jumped off this sinking ship a long time ago!!!)

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

Has to be from Dennis Pennis: Why did the super model stare at the orange juice? Cos it said 'concentrate' on the carton!
Last edited by Sonofthewear on 26 Sep 2016, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Sonofthewear
Minion

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Sonofthewear - Prot Warrior - Social Application

Postby Windavell » 24 Sep 2016, 18:35

Just to note on this one, as per our chat, we'll be looking over all apps as a group once they've all be submitted. Then, assuming all is ok, it would be best if you all group online and speak to Night together, which you can arrange at a later date.

Regarding Nightmare, he was here for a while then went AWOL, never to return. No idea what happened to him
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 28 Sep 2016, 06:40

We are still waiting for Akalla application.

We haven't forgotten about you all :-)
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 28 Sep 2016, 08:04

from his armoury he isnt been online in over a week. So if its not a deal breaker we could process with him. If it is, we'll have to wait
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Sonofthewear » 28 Sep 2016, 10:07

Hi Peeps, thanks for waiting on this Akalla is Erendril's wife. She works full time and they have a young son and probably is finding it hard to get online at the moment. As you can understand from this situation we don't want to leave without her.
Sonofthewear
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 28 Sep 2016, 12:03

yep thats fine. We'll continue to wait, whenever she has time is fine
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 29 Sep 2016, 08:48

regarding these apps, I see Fellicity has applied but if Im right he wasnt included in the initial batch of 4? we are waiting on Akalla? if so, are all 5 going to be together or just the 4 and the 5th is independent?
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Sonofthewear » 29 Sep 2016, 09:55

Hi there Fellicity is one of our officers that also has not had time to play much. He came back recently and told him about your guild also. Its up to you guys really how you want to treat the applications at this point. Ideally we would all like to join but thats up to you. As you can see we are all social apps.
Sonofthewear
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Sonofthewear » 29 Sep 2016, 10:00

I have sent a message to Eren to see how Akalla is doing and when she can get her application made.
Sonofthewear
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 29 Sep 2016, 10:02

ok thanks
We'll keep you 4 together as originally requested and move along with Fellicity separately, just to keep things moving
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Sonofthewear » 29 Sep 2016, 10:05

Thanks Windavell.
Sonofthewear
Minion