GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Theola - Holy Paladin (Social / Casual Raider)

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Theola - Holy Paladin (Social / Casual Raider)

Postby Theola » 18 Sep 2016, 20:52

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About You

Country & Region: Portsmouth, UK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Theola (Never changed race or server)

Level: 110

Class: Paladin (Human)

Spec: Holy (Ret off-spec)

Played time ( /played in game to find this out) : 43 days

Is this your main character? I’m not sure! (see below)

Alts [i]Please list ALL alts played within the last 12 months, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Jambat (level 102 Mage)
Gholandria (level 100 Demon Hunter)
Owlbat (level 91 Druid)
Badgerr (level 90 Priest)
Fricka (level 90 Warlock)
Serotine (level 90 Hunter)
Pteropus (level 85 Death Knight)
Pandabat (level 43 Monk)
Vleermuis (level 37 Priest)
Ninjabat (level 17 Rogue)

All Alliance, on Thunderhorn, in Captain Morgans Revenge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Blacksmithing (704)
Primary 2: Mining (734)

List any special or rare recipes:

Raiding Experience
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:
Highmaul: Completed on LFR
Blackrock Foundry: Completed on LFR
Hellfire Citadel: 5/13 on Normal, completed on LFR

I took a break from the game after MoP to have my daughter and endless interrupted nights. I didn't rejoin the game until late into the WoD expansion once sleep was a thing again, so this isn’t really a good indication of our raiding experience! In WotLK and Cata, both Illuminato and I raided several nights a week for 2 different teams within our Guild Alliance (for me this was on Theola and Jambat). We have cleared all WotLK and Cata raids on Normal and HC, and all MoP content on Normal.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why? No. However, my husband (Illuminato) has had quite a lot of experience as a RL, and I’ve tended to do the “admin” / background stuff.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend but won't /ragequit if I don't make the group
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

This is a real dilemma for me as I’ve raided significantly as both a Holy Pally and a Mage (played 122 days). I’ve made the application as my Pally because I had to chose one – but it’s not necessarily a deal breaker which one I play.

Jambat (mage) was my first character and I have a great fondness for her. I’ve always been arcane or fire, but at the moment am really enjoying the mage-love Blizz has shown to fire mages.

I actually can’t remember how I first came to be playing on Theola – I have a vague feeling it might all have started in PvP, but there was probably a lot of beer involved so it’s a bit hazy! A lack of raid healers and a chance to do something a bit different persuaded me to raid with her and I never looked back! I tend to use Healbot as I get on better with it than VuhDo.

I do love a bit of theory-crafting and tend to use Icy Veins most of the time, although I do also occasionally look at Noxxic to get a different perspective. I’ve also used Ask Mr Robot for reforging / stat tuning / gems / enchants / BiS etc. When I was raiding more seriously, we also used WoL.

I enjoy playing at the back! I like to see what’s going and stay out of the way of the nasty stuff. I’ve learnt the hard way over the years not to stand in bad things and to move at the right time (“hoorah” for DBM and “boo” to those Valkyrs in Ice Crown!) This is all much easier when not near the boss! I’m not a natural melee player and having to stand in a consecration feels counterintuitive and makes me nervous…

Finally, it’s worth mentioning that much of the time I’ve spent raid healing has been with Illuminato healing at the same time. We have a great synergy / communication across the table without clogging up a coms channel :wink:

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Inguild only group instancing
- Spamming Looking for Raid
- Social questing with guild mates
- Looking at the scenary/exploring
- Levelling existing alts
- Challenge mode
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement* We were lucky enough, as a result of my research interests, to have a guided tour of Blizzard HQ by one of their VPs. We waved Frostmourne about and simpered like One Direction fans at Chris Metzen. In game, I have woeful luck with RNG, but in Legion I got the Torn Invitation from my first ever World Quest chest reward (although the relevance of it was lost on me at the time!)

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them? I have done in the past, but no current members.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors? Over the years, many of our WoW friends have become real life friends. Particularly now that we have a munchkin, most of our social life in the evenings comes from the game. It’s been a great sadness to both of us that our previous guilds have fizzled away at the end of MoP and WoD respectively. We have heard positive things about Highland Warriors, the way the guild is run, and its friendly social nature. I think a guild that has survived this long is obviously getting something right, and hopefully is somewhere that both of us could be happy and useful members.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself? I’m married to Illuminato (met him when we raided together and then he moved to the UK from the Netherlands). I am mum to 2 year old Godzilla Alex, and servant to our 4 cats. I’m a Uni Lecturer and get to spend most of my days talking gaming with our students. Oh, and I’m REALLY looking forward to the next season of Walking Dead! :hurra:

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke...
How do you get Pikachu on a bus? You poke-em-on!

I’ll get my coat…

Theola
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Theola - Holy Paladin (Social / Casual Raider)

Postby Nightmarish » 18 Sep 2016, 21:40

hi Theola

Thanks for you application it was a very good read, got to say i liked the joke :p

So firstly with your alts I assume they are all on TH? and if they are you happy to have them all in the guild?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 18 Sep 2016, 22:38

Just to add, after speaking to your husband (not yours, Night) that the preference is Holy Pala if we had to pick mainly because healers are in short supply, good ones even more so. With everyone leveling and doing mythic dungeons at the moment its tough to get groups together as the tank/healer part is always lacking. A holy/Ret combo is also good for raiding when we have too many healers. We rotate the healers with their DPS Off specs if we have too many on any given raid night to keep it fair, rather than bench the extras, everyone still gets to go.

That said, you pick what you want to play. You'd get more work as a healer, thats for sure, but its by no means a deal breaker.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Theola » 19 Sep 2016, 10:25

Hi,

Nightmare - that's a yes to the alts :yes:

Windavell - thanks for the info! I'm very happy to heal... but I do face the wrong direction as ret, so you may not want me!! :wink: I'll potter along with both characters for the moment and see how they pan out.
Theola
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 19 Sep 2016, 11:59

Ok cool, if you're about tonight give me a poke too :-)
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: [Trial] Theola - Holy Paladin (Social / Casual Raider)

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Sep 2016, 07:25

Trial Offered
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?