GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Illuminato - Protection/Holy (SOCIAL/CASUAL RAIDER)

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Illuminato - Protection/Holy (SOCIAL/CASUAL RAIDER)

Postby Illuminato » 15 Sep 2016, 20:39

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About You

Name: Sean

Country & Region: Portsmouth, UK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Illuminato Armory Link
Never changed race, never changed server - Used to be called Hephaestesus before name change in WotLK

Level: 110

Class: Paladin

Race: Human

Spec: Protection/Holy (Will eventually also start levelling up the Retri artefact)

Played time ( /played in game to find this out): 156 days, 12 hours, 6 minutes and 4 seconds (at time of writing :P)

Is this your main character?: Yes, always has been

Alts Please list ALL alts played within the last 12 months, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Iltharion (level 102 Demon Hunter) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Nerezza (level 100 Warlock) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Alexina (level 92 Rogue) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Ludovicius (level 90 Warrior) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Bezaleel (lvl 90 Priest) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Krystallia (level 90 Shaman) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Lexani (level 90 Mage) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Caprina (level 86 Hunter) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Khloros (level 61 Death Knight) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Lunarbear (level 50 Druid) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge
Congfucius (level 44 Monk) - Thunderhorn - Captain Morgans Revenge

P.S. All of my characters are Alliance (yay :))
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Blacksmithing - 704
Primary 2: Jewelcrafting - 662

List any special or rare recipes: Not applicable

Raiding Experience
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:
Highmaul: Completed on LFR
Blackrock Foundry: Completed on LFR
Hellfire Citadel: 5/13 on Normal, completed on LFR

Note: My wife and I took a break from the game (and casual raiding) after MoP (we spawned a sprog) and didn't rejoin the game until late into the WoD expansion - Hence our pathetic looking raiding progress :P (Cleared all MoP content on normal)

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why? I have led raid teams in the past and would do so if required of me, but have no aspiration to become one at this point in time.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend but won't /ragequit if I don't make the group
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

We play pretty much every evening but would rather not raid weekends, so below is the days we would be available for raiding:
Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I always associated a paladin to be a 'Protector of the Light' so have always been attracted to the aspect of being a tank or a healer. Having come out of Cata, MoP and WoD as one of our guild's main team healers, I fancied a change of scenery for Legion and decided to go back to my grass roots: Tanking.

I'm pleased to see how protection has been designed as a spec going into this expansion, as it really embraces what I feel a Protector of the Light is all about: protecting the team using your self-healing and defensive abilities - Last Defender has turned out to be one of my most favoured talent picks ever - This, in conjunction with the self-healing of Protector of the Light, and Shield of the Righteous makes for lovely mob control whilst mitigating inbound damage. Add to that the incredibly strong AoE damage from Blessed Hammer/Consecration and Avenger's Shield and there's no way a mob isn't sticking to the end of my sword :)

I've yet to experience the Legion changes for holy paladins but, as mentioned before, with the experience I've had maining a healer in previous raiding content I am confident that I can quickly pick this up to a comparable level :)

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Inguild only group instancing
- Spamming Looking for Raid
- Social questing with guild mates
- Levelling existing alts
- Challenge mode
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
In-game: Helped my friend (Who was struggling with work commitments) by taking over his raid team and guiding them from struggling to kill Warlord Zon'ozz on Normal to clearing up to Ultraxion on Heroic :)
Out of game: Holding my composure and not fangirling at Chris Metzen as he walked past during a tour at Blizzard we were invited to :D

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them? I don't know anybody who's currently in the guild, however I have seen the guild around as long as I've been playing so I wouldn't be surprised I know people who were in the guild at some point in their lives :)

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?: I really like the ethos of the guild as described on the home page. Being someone who likes to get down and serious when needs to, as well as having a good laugh on the side - I was in that zone straight away and I'm not even a member (yet? :)). I've been in similar minded guilds in the past (Fellowship of the Ding, CursedCrusaders and Captain Morgan's Revenge), as well hardcore raiding guilds and even though I like the atmosphere of the latter, my preference has always been and will always be social/casual raiding guilds.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?: As already mentioned, I'm 28 (almost 29), married (my wife also plays and is also looking to apply - Theola (Holy/Retri paladin) and a father of a 2y old occasional-pain-in-the-bum (Who is not looking to apply... yet :P). During the day I'm a supply chain analyst, during the night I'm a playboy billionaire philanthropist Paladin.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;) Did you know; radioactive cats have eighteen half-lives.

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
Illuminato
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Illuminato - Protection/Holy Paladin (SOCIAL/CASUAL RAID

Postby Nightmarish » 16 Sep 2016, 15:47

Hi Illuminato

Nice application.

I have two questions to start of with. Firstly your alts, they would be required to all be in the guild, are you happy with this?

Second questions which of your two specs will you be looking to main as a back up/flexi raider?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Illuminato » 16 Sep 2016, 15:53

Hi there - Thanks for the quick reply :)

Regarding alts: Yes - Happy to move them over.

Regarding raiding: I spoke to Windavell last night regarding the raiding and which of my specs has the greater need. Despite having levelled up as a tank, I would be more than happy to main holy for raiding :)

Let me know if there's anything else you need - I am in Dorset for the weekend to celebrate a birthday but will be back online on Sunday night.
Illuminato
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 16 Sep 2016, 16:21

ok as holy that would be great as we do need a holy pala :-) so thats good and as long as you're happy with that too then great.

With regards to your raiding prep what kind of sites do you use to keep up to date with your class/spec
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Illuminato » 16 Sep 2016, 18:21

Hey there,

Icy Veins is my go-to choice, but I occasionally check out Noxxic as well - I feel there's no harm done comparing the information provided on both :)

Have used Ask Mr. Robot in the good old reforging days as well (I miss reforging haha), but IV is clear enough on stat priorities in the guides they provide.
Illuminato
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 16 Sep 2016, 19:38

OK cool sounds all good to me, give me a poke in game for a chat, i should be around tomorrow evening.

On a side note, are we expecting an app from your wife too?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Illuminato » 16 Sep 2016, 19:48

Fab - I'll poke my head online tomorrow to see if I can find you.

And yes, my missus is going to apply as well - although I don't think she will submit it this weekend as we're away so expect something over the next week :)
Illuminato
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 16 Sep 2016, 21:34

During the day I'm a supply chain analyst, during the night I'm a playboy billionaire philanthropist Paladin.

Tony Stark is a pally??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Illuminato » 16 Sep 2016, 22:22

But of course - he wears plate armor and shoots lights from his hands... what other class would he be :D
Illuminato
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 17 Sep 2016, 06:56

It should be noted that if its a deal breaker for one to get in but not the other than we need to consider both applications at the same time before making a decision. Its not a problem but does mean a little delay on your own one. We need all parties to be sure/committed.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Illuminato » 17 Sep 2016, 18:29

Hey,

We're both more than happy for you to consider each of our applications individually.
Illuminato
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Illuminato » 19 Sep 2016, 09:56

Nightmarish wrote:OK cool sounds all good to me, give me a poke in game for a chat, i should be around tomorrow evening.

Hi Night,

I noticed you were online last night but wasn't sure to grab you for a chat as I wasn't sure I was waiting for an update on this thread after Windavell's post?

If not, let me know if you're about tonight (I did add you to my friends list so I can see the notification if you are) and I'll poke you :)
Illuminato
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 19 Sep 2016, 10:05

poke him all you like, he loves a good poking
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Theola » 19 Sep 2016, 10:46

Oh don't encourage him!! I've been trying to train him not to poke for ages!
Theola
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: [Trial] Illuminato - Protection/Holy (SOCIAL/CASUAL RAID

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Sep 2016, 06:24

Trial offered
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie