GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Ribenà - Demo Warlock - Social / Backup Raider

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Ribenà - Demo Warlock - Social / Backup Raider

Postby Ribenà » 03 Sep 2016, 19:53

About You

Country & Region: Scotland, Aberdeen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:
‘Ribenà’. Apologies for the foreign character I had to change from ‘Ribena’ to move to Thunderhorn server. :'(
(The URLs with my character's name need to be a copy/paste)

Level: 103+
Class: Warlock
Spec: Demonology (preferred)
Played time : 145 days

Is this your main character? Yes

Previous Servers / name changes
Server: Runetotem (As Ribena)
Order Of The SilverFlame 2011-2015
VAGRANTS 2010
Server: Azjol-Nerub (As Fliction)
Kiss Of Death 2008, 2009
Server: Runetotem (As Ribena)
Archaos 2006, 2007
the Crusaders 2005

Alts [i]Please list ALL alts played within the last 12 months, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Orangína, Fire Mage, Level 92
Acai, Enhancement Shaman, Level 100
Garioch, Demon Hunter, Level 99

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Tailoring
Primary 2: Enchanting

List any special or rare recipes:
none pertinent to Legion.

Raiding Experience
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

I’ve not been Raiding since Cataclysm.
Raid experience: See
[url]http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Ribenà/simple[/url]

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? No.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Social/Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I enjoy the distinction of the warlock demo spec from other caster classes, it's still fun to play and I'm reasonably loyal to the spec, though I have had to play other specs numerous times. I would and will be able to play other specs if required.
Since the Warlock demonology mechanics for Legion have been practically re-written, I've been practicing /testing/ working through the following build and play recommendations.
http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/demonology-warlock-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- In guild only group instancing
- Levelling professions to max
- Social questing with guild mates
- Solo questing
- Looking at the scenery/exploring
- Levelling existing alts
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

A few things…
Defeating Kanrethad Ebonlocke for the “Breaker of the black harvest” achievement. I was probably a little under-geared so I spent weeks on it, but I felt it was a colossal test of ability to play the Warlock class. Nice to get it before MoP and have the "of the Black Harvest" title, especially now with the Warlock class hall.
Loremaster title (just days before they changed it at Cataclysm and I'd have had to done most of it again)
Taking down the Lich King for the first time was a pretty good moment. I’d loved the storyline from Warcraft III and in WoW it had been a great build up and ending

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
No
Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
Put simply, I want to take the time to enjoy the game with people I will (hopefully) like.
I was the “epic seeking glory boy”. I left a close and friendly guild (Vagrants) to experience more serious raiding and progression (which I did with Order of the Silver Flame). The pressure to be a top ranking raiding guild turned the game into an epic chore and by the time Cataclysm was over I’d forgotten why I was doing it (Also Chris Metzen did not do MoP any favours during Blizzcon, and then they proper f****d the Warlock class).
I want to experience all the good content WoW has to offer and get to love the game again. It appears to me that Highland Warriors might be a good fit.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
As much as I'd love to be a regular-like-clockwork player, I have some recent family additions, so I'll do my best to be on consistently but will also have to see how it goes (hopefully well)
Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
A horse walks into a bar, ouch. :doh: (my best joke may also be my worst joke).
[url]http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Ribenà/advanced[/url]
Ribenà
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Ribenà - Demo Warlock - Social / Backup Raider

Postby Nightmarish » 03 Sep 2016, 20:54

Hi Ribenà

Thank you for your application, can i ask firstly whats the plan with your alts?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Ribenà » 03 Sep 2016, 22:58

Hi Nightmarish,

Re Alts, I don't play them that much (only 22 days total on the Shaman).
I'll probably just play them occasionally for a bit of variety.
I have no plans to raid with them but happy for them to join the guild with some kind of alt status or rank.
Ribenà
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 04 Sep 2016, 06:41

Oh apologies, i didn't realise they were all on TH, if that's the case then they would need to be in the guild. From your previous message i assume that is ok :-)

Just out of curiosity how much raiding would you be looking to do, there is of course no pressure to raid as we understand that people have RL and that's important.
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Ribenà » 04 Sep 2016, 09:43

Hi,

I would like to get to the point of consistently raiding twice a week though initially I'm happy to be available for Raid backup whenever I can.
Ribenà
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 04 Sep 2016, 10:32

ok great, can i ask what kind of sites do you use to keep up on top of your class/spec
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Ribenà » 04 Sep 2016, 18:15

Noxxic and icy-veins are what I'm looking at just now, as well as some theory crafting sites (such as wowtheorycrafting).
I will also occasionally look at YouTube to hear other's opinions.

With everything now being so different in terms of warlock mechanics, I'm looking at many articles to gauge some commonality, though it's early days.
Ribenà
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 04 Sep 2016, 19:44

Ok all sounds good, when you're next online poke me for a chat :-)
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Ribenà » 05 Sep 2016, 10:20

Ok, will do.
Ribenà
Ex Guildie