GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Wolfy - Resto Druid - Social/Backup raider

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Wolfy - Resto Druid - Social/Backup raider

Postby Wolfy » 16 Aug 2016, 20:05

About You

Country & Region: UK - Midlands
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:

Name: Wolfy

Level: 100

Class: Druid
Spec: Resto

Played time ( /played in game to find this out) : 291 Days

Is this your main character? Yes – but I have a main alt; Stormwolf – Warrior.

I have played WOW since the Euro day one start in 2005 – got my little Blizzard Statue present :) and hence it is a bit difficult to list out the many realms and subsequent name changes I have done etc during this time. However, I thought a little bit of a potted history might be more useful … sorry if it's a bit boring.

I started on Daggerspine and setup a guild called Apex with a group of friends from another MMO in which we had played together. This was great fun, everything was new, 40man raiding and we eventually became a server top 10 guild. We also gained a slightly infamous reputation with a policy of “Red is Dead” as world pvp was just as important to us as any other guild activity - it was not uncommon for a raid night to never start as we furiously battled horde outside the raid entrance and took over Orgrimmar for a couple of hours one night. New servers were introduced and everyone was offered a free realm transfer to Kazzak (this was a manual process and a members list had to be sent to Blizz for folks transfering – it was an Alliance server back then - lol) this created a small guild split and I decided to retire after 2 years as GM and joined a guild called Forte to focus on my raiding. Whilst I was only in the guild for 6 months from the end of Vanilla and to the start of TBC before it disbanded it was full on raiding, as Forte became a world top 3 raiding guild with a number of world firsts. For the rest of TBC I decided it was time to try Horde and did a server transfer to a new server called Alonsus and setup a social type guild called Warlords, but somehow I ended up in the later part of the expansion with a guild called THUNDER and LIGHTNING and completing Black Temple.

WTLK brought me back to Alliance but I tried a role-play server this time called Argent Dawn. This was great fun and whilst I'm not a dedicated RP fan it was fun to watch groups of people marching up and down in full Stormwind kit outside the Cathedral or having drinking games in the bars :) and also successfully completed ICC. During Cata and MOP I played much less than before, in smaller social guilds – some of which fell by the way side and were disbanded but I did manage to complete DS and SoO before the next expansion. The guild I was in during SoO decided to start cross realm raiding in time for the WoD expansion and setup a number of satellite guilds – including Wildhammer (Immortal Legacy). During the early part of this expansion I completed Highmaul with this guild but I was not enjoying WOD or WOW anymore and then the original guild decided to abandon the cross realm concept. Fate took a different direction for me and I suffered a heart attack last summer and have not played the game since - until the last few weeks and I am genuinely exited about Legion :cheer:

During my time in WOW I have played many classes on various realms but my oldest chars are Druid and Warrior and these have continued to me my mains throughout all this time.

Alts [i]Please list ALL alts played within the last 12 months, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Stormwolf, Wildhammer, Alliance, Warrior, 100, Arms/Prot, Fallen Angles
Wolfbyte , Wildhammer, Alliance, Warlock, 75,
Wolfbyte, Thunderhorn, Horde, Shaman, 100, Resto, Lucky Loosers (Friends Guild)
Wolfblass, Wildhammer, Alliance, Paladin, 94, Ret/Prot – Immortal Legacy (bank guild).
Redwolf – Saurfang, Alliance, Priest, 70, Holy – no guild
Wolfbyte – Kazzak, Horde, Druid, 100, Resto – no guild

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Enchanting
Primary 2: Alchemy

List any special or rare recipes:

On Alts:

1. Enchanted Thorium Set (Helm, Breastplate, Leggings)
2. Ornate Mithril Set (Gloves, Pants, Shoulder, Breastplate, Helm, Boots)
3. Truesilver Set (Breastplate, Gauntlets)
4. Helm of the Great Chief
5. Golden Scale Gauntlets
6. Dark Iron Helm/Braces
7. Truesilver Champion
8. Blight
9. The Shatter
10. Phantom Blade

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiding Experience
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:
Highmaul – LFR/Normal
Blackrock Foundry - LFR
Hellfire Citadel -LFR

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why? No

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Social/Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

All are good times and days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Friday 21:00 CET until 00:00
Saturday 20:30 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I prefer Resto to Moonkin and whilst I enjoy tanking I find it too scary :cry: . At the moment I am not min/max so I have really just used Icy Veins recommendations – but basically I like to keep a set of rolling HOTS on the tank plus CD’s, spread rejuv on other raid members and regrowth on folks in more trouble – coupled with Tranq when needed or directed from raid leader and of course a liberal use of wild growth – if the mana can take it. A quick hand and key bind for Cure is also very useful.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Inguild only group instancing
- Social questing with guild mates
- Looking at the scenary/exploring

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

As a GM our first Raid boss kill :D

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them? No

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

After restarting WOW and with Legion now just around the corner I am looking for a stable and social guild in which I can join in and have fun with others, and a guild that has a broad spectrum of activities … Highland Warriors seems to tick all these boxes.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself? Nope – but thanks for reading my application.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke...

I’m not very good at remembering jokes but according to a science article I read this is one of the top 10:

A genie and an idiot
Three guys stranded on a desert island find a magic lantern containing a genie, who grants them each one wish. The first guy wishes he was off the island and back home. The second guy wishes the same. The third guy says: ‘I’m lonely. I wish my friends were back here.’
;d

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... lfy/simple
Wolfy
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Wolfy - Resto Druid - Social/Backup raider

Postby Nightmarish » 16 Aug 2016, 20:41

Hi Wolfy

That was an excellent application and very well presented too :-) very impressed.

So i will start with your alts as i always do, any alts which reside on the wildhammer/Thunderhorn server are you happy to have all these in the guild?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Wolfy » 16 Aug 2016, 21:33

Sorry I did mean to mention this - yes I am fine with it - although my bank guild char I would like to keep, as it is one of the old lvl 25 things with 1200 achievements and extra bank slots ... if that is ok?

thx
Wolfy
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 16 Aug 2016, 22:36

Yea that's no problem at all, lots of also have banking characters with guild vaults :p

With regards to your raiding research what kind of sites do you use?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Wolfy » 16 Aug 2016, 22:55

Nightmarish wrote:Yea that's no problem at all, lots of also have banking characters with guild vaults :p

With regards to your raiding research what kind of sites do you use?

Hiya

Well, as I haven't raided for a long while and mainly a social player I haven't done much research into WoD raids - however, main sources are Icy Veins, Fatboss TV, Guild Website as we often haven't slightly different tactics, and various YouTube vids of the best examples I can find. Also, I have found the in-game guide partially useful of detailed boss abilities and of course LFR helps a lot in the general tactics and orientation of the area and fight.

/Wolfy
Wolfy
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Wolfy - Resto Druid - Social/Backup raider

Postby Elysah » 17 Aug 2016, 00:14

It's a bit naughty of me to comment here (Sorry, Night) but it's worth it just to acknowledge this alt name.

Wolfy wrote:Wolfblass

Awesome :)

Also, more Druids :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 17 Aug 2016, 09:13

OK sounds all good from our side, if you can whisper me in game when you are next online so can have a chat.

If i am not on Nightmarish just poke anyone in the guild and if i am about they will point you in my direction :-)
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 18 Aug 2016, 21:46

Trial Offered
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie