GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[On Hold] Battlecry - Mage (Raider)

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[On Hold] Battlecry - Mage (Raider)

Postby GlibR » 07 Aug 2016, 20:19

About You

Country & Region: Ukraine, Kharkiv

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:
Battlecry("Батлкрай" on russian as char is currently on RU server Eversong) human mage

Level: 100

iLevel: 729

Class: Mage

Spec: Fire/Arcane

Played time ( /played in game to find this out) : 72d 4h 56 mins

Is this your main character? YES

Alts [i]Please list ALL alts played within the last 12 months, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
- Battlescar(100 lvl/727ilvl) RU- Eversong, Alliance, Protection Warrior
- Healme(100 lvl/701ilvl) RU- Eversong, Alliance, Discipline priest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Tailoring(700)
Primary 2: Enchanting (700)

List any special or rare recipes:
N/A

Raiding Experience
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:
Highmaul (LFR 7/7, Normal 7/7, Heroic 7/7, Mythic 4/7)
Blackrock Foundry (LFR 7/7, Normal 7/7, Heroic 7/7)
Hellfire Citadel (LFR 7/7, Normal 7/7, Heroic 7/7)

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
Nope

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I must raid 2 times a week, at least
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend but won't /ragequit if I don't make the group
Social/Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

I'm available any 2 or 3 days from the following list

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

Mage was my first char in the game that time It was very clear for me as a newbie who started to play in new interesting, but still undiscovered game. Then I sticked to this class and play him till the end of MoP.

Mage is a huge DPS class
In WOD I mainly played with Arcane spec as it is very good single target DPS spec. Altered with Fire in the fights where AOE might significanlty help.
After pre-patch I've switched to Fire as he seems to be more stable so far.
in buids I try to stick guides written in icy veins or altered time(like this https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view ... f=4&t=2553)

Arcane build bases on Mastery and Haste. Mastery influence on your damage and haste on the how fast can you spell them. There are basically two part of arcane mage rotation: burst and conervation.
Burst should be considered as an opener and whenever all the spells required to repeat it would be off the cooldown(also amount of mana should be considered as a parameter).
As I already said I try to stick to rotations from IV or AT.

So my rotation as Arcane is something very close to this:
- Gaining for Arcane charges via AB
- RoP
- AP
- Trinkets, Ring(if allowed to perform)
- AB if no AM
- AM
- AB/AM till 30% of mana(not sure it is actual now, heard about burning to 0)
- Evocation to 90-100%
- RoP to make sure to not waist 2 RoPs(it is better to spend one and have another always ready for the Burst phase)
- AB/AM(AB is a priority until 4 Arcane charges, then AM is a priority) till 80% of mana
- Barrage
- Repeat AB/AM(AB is a priority until 4 Arcane charges, then AM is a priority) till 80% of mana untill AP and Evocation off the CD

As Fire my rotation is something very close to this:
For 1-2 targets

- Potion at 5 secs before the pull
- Pyroblast at 4 secs before the pull
- RoP
- Combustion
- Trinkets, Ring(if allowed to perform)
- Fire Blast(to make a Pyroblast.)
- (if using Flame On) Cast Flame On when you have no Fire Blast charges left.
- Cast Pyroblast
- Fire Blast(if no free Pyroblast)
- Pyroblast
- Flame on
- Fire Blast(to make a Pyroblast.)
- (if using Flame On) Cast Flame On when you have no Fire Blast charges left.
- Cast Pyroblast
- Fire Blast(if no free Pyroblast)
- Pyroblast
- RoP
- Doing Fire fishing(Fireball + Fire Blast + Pyroblast togeher with end of Fireball cast)
- Doing Cinderstorm on CD

For 3+ targets I will replace Pyroblast with Flamestrike in my rotation.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Inguild only group instancing
- Levelling professions to max
- Social questing with guild mates
- Solo questing
- Looking at the scenary/exploring
- Levelling existing alts
- Challenge mode
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
Good question. I don't think I have things that i can proud of. Because I treat myself as a casual player. probably i would highlight that I got an Infinite Timereaver.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
No I don't.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
Because your guild looks pretty stable and mature. I feel like I can learn a lot from the people in the guild. Also you have a good raiding schedule that potentially feets to my real life ).

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
I'm 31 years old guy from Ukraine, which is looking for a guild with a good atmosphere and mythic plans in Legion
All chars i have are currently situated on Ru-server Eversong. I willing to move to EU server wherever my new guild will be located.
Feel free to read my post on the forum http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topi ... 587#post-1
Looking forward to join the guild!

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke...
Haha. I'm not the one who tell the jokes, but let me try. :) I would refer to WoW jokes. So here we go:
"A guy walked up to me and said 'I'm a teepee, I'm a wigwam, I'm a teepee, I'm a wigwam!' and I said 'Relax man, you're two tents!'"
GlibR

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Battlecry - Mage (Raider)

Postby Nightmarish » 10 Aug 2016, 08:06

Hi Battlecry

Thank you for your application and apologies for the delay in replying.

It was a good application so thank you for the time and effort put in. Firstly before we go any further i can see that your main ambition is mythic, at this point i have to be honest and say that although we would like to do mythic in the upcoming expansion the reality is we might just miss it. Also with regards to how our guild raids we do allow anyone within the guild to raid (as long as certain criteria are met of course) which means that we do have a mixed ability group and sometimes not always the best balanced raid (though we look at that as more of a good challenge :p)

Please let me know if you would like to continue with the application.

Thanks

Night
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Battlecry - Mage (Raider)

Postby GlibR » 11 Aug 2016, 16:40

Hi, Nightmarish.

Thanks for your answer and explanation how raids work in your guild. You are right, I want to find a guild that will definitely do mythics.

Can we postpone application for now?

I still believe that your guild is a good place for me, however I want to take more time for searching and comparing other opportunities with 100% mythic raids.
GlibR

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?