GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Raynve [Raider/Social] Application

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Raynve [Raider/Social] Application

Postby Raynve » 19 Oct 2015, 22:53

About You

Country & Region: England, Cornwall
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Character

Character Name: Raynve (currently on Draenor horde), a short explanation here; this character is on a brand new account that I made around 7 months ago, I was feeling a bit bored with the game and felt that making a new account and starting fresh would help with my in-game motivation. Previous to this my main has always been a blood DK as well with this same name (I will link that armory at the bottom as well just for reference).
Level: 100
Class: Death Knight
Spec: Blood/Frost
Played Time: 8 days
Achievement Points: 9615
Is this your main character? Yes

Alts:
- Ranyr – Blood elf Hunter – 100 – Draenor horde
- Modaera – Blood elf Paladin – 100 – Draenor horde
- Kaeva – Blood elf Rogue – 92 – Draenor horde
- Kaetra – Blood elf Mage – 91 – Draenor horde
- Rhundin – Dwarf Warrior – 100 – Runetotem Alliance

I rarely play any of these alts but I will steadily transfer them over to this realm.

Previous guilds:
VII - Last half of MoP I was in this guild on my DK as a tank for one of the three teams, we were raiding three days a week and were fairly well progressed, however the guild had three teams in total which lead to lots of drama, I ended up leaving because of this and took a break from hardcore raiding.
After VII I swapped between a few guilds mostly chasing friends realm to realm until the beginning of WoD when I joined a guild called Wipefest on Aszune (Alliance), the guild was a small guild formed by a group of friends but unfortunately as WoD dragged on some of the core members left and the guild ended up being abandoned. I then joined a guild on the same realm called Saturday Knight Fever, but again this died out after a couple of months.
I then moved to Draenor horde, as one of the bigger PVE realms I hoped guilds would be a bit more stable than on the smaller realms. I joined a guild called Phoenix Legion, unfortunately they were full on tanks so I joined on my hunter (Ranyr) as they needed more ranged DPS. Well hunter isn’t for everyone and so I stopped raiding with them and took a semi-break from WoW for a month or two.

Other guilds you are applying for: None
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professions

Primary 1: Blacksmithing - 700
Primary 2: Jewelcrafting - 700

First Aid: 700
Cooking: 142
List any special or rare recipes: None at the moment.
Raiding Experience

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is predominently guild or PuG, along with 10/25 man, LFR or heroic experience:
- MoP: Mogu'shan Vaults – 6/7N
- MoP: Heart of Fear – 1/6N
- MoP: Terrace of Endless Spring - NA
- MoP: Throne of Thunder – 12/12N
- MoP: Siege of Ogrimmar – 14/14N 10/14HC
- WoD: Highmaul – 6/6N 6/6HC
- WoD: Blackrock Foundry – 9/10N 10/10HC
- WoD: Hellfire Citadel – 6/13HC

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? Please list any relevant previous experience
I always like to give my input into the coordination of a fight but I have never been a raid leader before.
Number of Reputations @ Exalted: 8 (this character is new don’t judge)
Play Style

What sort of position would suit you best in terms of what you are looking for from a guild (delete as appropriate)
Core Raider: I must raid 2 times a week, at least
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events Im able to attend but wont ragequit if I dont make the group

I am aware you guys aren’t currently looking for a tank, I would be happy to fill in as a backup or change to DPS if needed.

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Friday 21:00 CET until 00:00
Saturday 20:30 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

I am able to make all of the days usually; however, I am still at university so any surprise lectures aren’t taken account of.

Why did you choose your current spec?
I have always enjoyed tanking in the game, the first character I ever made at the end of Wrath was a paladin tank and since then I’ve been hooked. I have tried to swap to DPS several times but I don’t really find it as engaging as tanking.
As for blood death knight itself, when I started tanking in Cataclysm I did try the other tanking classes out before deciding which to main, blood death knight was the only one I found was really fun, plus who doesn’t like being a commander of the dead?
(It’s not actually because I’m an Arthas fan).

Tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation. (You may link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/ ... raidUI.jpg
Blood death knight is typically regarded as a simple tank with a simple rotation, whilst on paper this may be true, playing it to its full potential is as hard as any other tank. In a dungeon it’s a more relaxed approach, apply diseases to a mob, spread with blood boil, alternate between blood boil and death strike depending on damage input, using death coil as a runic power dump and a rune regen. I tend to spec into gorefiends grasp for the AoE death grip to gather mobs together and make it easier for DPS to nuke them down.
In raids the rotation is fairly similar just mixing in small cooldowns such as rune tap + vampiric blood and timing big cooldowns such as empowered runic weapon + icebound fortitude. For talents I almost always use runic corruption; it provides a steady source of rune regeneration and I find it gives a smoother gameplay.

Choose THREE of the following which best describes your usual WOW week. Delete those which do NOT apply

- Solo questing
- Levelling existing alts
- Acheivements

Which of your achievements in WoW are you the most proud of, and why? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard acheivement - it could just be the slog of levelling from 1 - 85, or looting an item you have farmed for a long time*
Any of my ahead of the curve achievements, all of them were a lot of hard work. Thok HC, after weeks of wiping we managed to get it down, was a lot of hard work and a lot of fun in the end.
Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
I don’t know anyone within the guild however my partner, Kelthari (Pipa), has also applied.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
What I’m after in the game is a friendly guild with a decent + active community, from what I’ve seen on your site, plus the fact the guild is quite old, it seems like exactly what I’m after.

How will you improve yourself as a Highland Warrior?
I’ll strive to join in with community events and helping other players within the guild. I’m always looking for ways to improve myself as a player, through experience and feedback.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
I live down in Cornwall with my partner Pipa, we both met on WoW (in Gnomeregan of all the places) and she moved over to the UK a few years ago. I work full time as an engineer in the automotive industry whilst finishing off the last couple of years of my degree with the open university.
Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website
The character Im applying with - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... nve/simple
The character from my old account, for reference - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... nve/simple
Raynve
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Raynve [Raider/Social] Application

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Oct 2015, 08:49

Hi Raynve

Thanks for your application. Same questions to start with then as with your partner, Your blood DK will be your main played character?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Raynve » 20 Oct 2015, 10:15

Hi Nightmares,

Yes the DK would be my main played character, I would transfer any alts if I ever wanted to play them as well.
Raynve
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Oct 2015, 10:21

Ok brilliant.

With regards to the research you do with you DK what kind of places do you do that?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Raynve » 20 Oct 2015, 10:28

I use a variety sources, I used to use Icy-Veins when I started out back in Cataclysm which helped a great deal with the basics and getting to grips with the class & spec. I now use a variety of blogs maintained by DK theorycrafters such as Magdelana and Reniat which give a real in-depth analysis of how certain class mechanics work and how best to manage them. I always like to watch Preach's videos on the classes when he releases them as well as I find these give a decent overview of the class and its gameplay.
Raynve
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Oct 2015, 10:58

Ok sounds all good. You mentioned that you do enjoy tanking as your preferred spec and you also said that you didn't mind DPSing.

We always try and accomadate for your preferred spec but we are a little later in the expansion now and for the later bosses in HFC which is our current progress with your current gear might be a little short especially when it comes to tanking, but I spoke the raid leader and he is more than happy for you to tank if we start a fresh ID and our weekend raids we normally try to do something not progress reated of course if you are available and help you catch with the rest of us.

On the flip side you could DPS the later bosses as there is a little more wiggle room with that than tanking, which in turn can also help you acquire more tanking gear :-)
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Raynve » 20 Oct 2015, 11:03

That sounds perfect to me! I wasn't expecting to jump straight into tanking progression so I will be happy with any tanking! If there is room for me I will be more than happy to swap to DPS when needed for you guys as well.
Raynve
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Oct 2015, 11:09

Ok Brilliant, i am not gonna lie i am going to copy and paste this reply to your partners application also.

We will arrange a chat tonight if you are around, i would like to do it with both of you in the same group, saves me having the same conversation twice (2 for 1 deal here :p) if you are around tonight please let me know and i will make sure to be online for that time.

Here is my battletag Nightmares#2399
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Raynve » 20 Oct 2015, 11:18

Excellent! Yeah that's no problem, we will definitely be online tonight, I get home from work around 6 server time and will be online at least on battlenet from then.
Raynve
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: [Trial] Raynve [Raider/Social] Application

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Oct 2015, 21:38

Trial Offered
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie