GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Kelthari [Social/Backup] Application

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Kelthari [Social/Backup] Application

Postby Kelthari » 19 Oct 2015, 17:47

About Me
Greetings everyone, my name is Pipa!
Country & Region: UK, Padstow - Cornwall - EU Region
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Character
Character Name: Kelthari (currently blood elf in Draenor)
This priest started as a gnome on Emerald Dream (she was called Maellie), then I moved to horde in Chamber of Aspects (again blood elf, called Bellamie), after that I went to Shadowsong (draenei named Rhuna) and finally back to the present. I realise as I write this that I have moved an awful lot! Mainly following friends or in search for the right guild, sadly never being successful.
Level: 100
Class: Priest
Spec: Holy/Shadow
Played Time: As of writing this application (19th of October 2015) I have 40 days, 11 hours, 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I have been playing since the launch of Cataclysm however. With a few breaks in between.
Achievement Points: 16765
Is this your main character?
It has been my main for the entirety of WoD, and it shall remain that way. I mained a restoration druid before.
Alts:
- Lokaia, Shaman Restoration/Enhancement 100
- Kildari, Paladin Retribution/Protection 100
- Seruya, Hunter Beast Mastery/Survival 100
- Makotan, Druid Restoration/Balance 100
- Hallena, Mage Frost/Arcane 93
- Loraen, Rogue Combat/Assassination 90
- Cerellia, Shaman (Bank alt) 26
Since these are all on horde side, I will only be moving my priest, but I will keep all these in my bank guild Mode.

Previous guilds:
So I tried to use the link you provide to find the history of this character but it says 0 records found, which is slightly worrying. Do feel free to try again and from memory I will try and describe it all to the best of my ability, if something is missing I apologise in advance:
For Kelthari, I started off in Emerald Dream, as a gnome priest in a guild called VII. I’ve raided there for a while, with my restoration druid (Makotan), but as the guild ran several teams doing the same difficulty content, at the time HC SoO, there was a lot of drama regarding compositions, fighting for specific players etc. So I ended up moving to Horde, Chamber of Aspects, where I had a couple of old friends playing. I stayed there for a while but the raiding schedule didn’t work for me and plus I was missing alliance! In this realm, I stayed in a bank guild for a while, it was called Crimson Legion, after that I joined a guild, which I can’t remember the name of (I’m sorry). I then moved on back to Alliance, in Shadowsong to a guild called Wipefest. Again I raided there for the entirety of Highmaul and the start of Blackrock Foundry, it was a small guild and it fell apart after the Christmas holidays, as some people didn’t come back. So me and a few other active members from Wipefest moved on to a guild (same server) called Saturday Knight Fever, where again I raided the majority of Blackrock, but again being another small guild, it just ended up dying out as well. So in search of a busier realm I looked to Draenor, I made the move and joined a guild called Phoenix Legion, though they’re schedule ended up proving too much for me, with my busy summer hours so sadly I had to leave. Finally I ended up joining a guild called Hakuna Matata, more as a social rather than raider, before I had a few weeks break and sadly got removed from said guild.
So now I’m back and I’m still looking for that perfect combination of social and raiding quality. It seems to be the hardest thing to find in this game haha.
It seems like an awful lot of moving around and it has been one of the things putting me off WoW, it is the game I love the most, it has brought me so much joy, god I met my partner in WoW, so it is rather important! I just need to find a stable community 

Other guilds you are applying for:
I am currently not applying to any other guilds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professions
Primary 1: Tailoring, 700
Primary 2: Enchanting, 700
First Aid: 700
Cooking: 700
Fishing: 700
Archaeology: 700
List any special or rare recipes:
That I know of, I don’t have any particularly special recipes, though I try to collect everything I can!

Raiding Experience

MoP: Mogu'shan Vaults – 6/6 Normal, Mostly guild runs.
MoP: Heart of Fear - 1/6 (Never want to see a raid with bugs again /cry) guild, LFR.
MoP: Terrace of Endless Spring – I’ve never properly raided ToES, so mostly raid finder, and then pugs for achievements.
MoP: Throne of Thunder – Completed the raid on normal difficulty, got the ahead of the curve again guild.
MoP: Siege of Ogrimmar – 11/13HC, with ahead of the curve normal, guild!
WoD: Highmaul – 6/6 Normal and 6/6HC (Curve) with guild
WoD: Blackrock Froundry – 9/10 Normal and 10/10HC (with curve) with guild!
WoD: Hellfire Citadel – 6/13HC with guild!
So the majority of MoP I was not raiding on this priest, I jumped mains quite a bit depending on what was required. Though it made my experience somewhat unpleasant and always feeling like I was “catching up” :/
All the above were done on 10man difficulty.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? Please list any relevant previous experience
I’ve had a go at it in the past, though it isn’t something I would aspire to do now. I will take responsibilities within a raid happily however, and I’m always willing to lend a hand when necessary.

Number of Reputations @ Exalted: Currently at 61, but I’m aiming to have them all!

Play Style

This is a bit tricky for me to choose, I have aspirations to raid, but I know you aren’t after healers and I also can’t make more than 2 nights a week :/ So I would have to say Social/Backup Raider with aspirations to becoming a Core Raider.

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

I would be available on all of these, at times I have online tutorials for University, but I would let you know in advance when these happen.
Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Friday 21:00 CET until 00:00
Saturday 20:30 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Why did you chose your current spec?
I’ve always been a healer in WoW, I’ve mained every healing spec in the game, some longer than others, Restoration Druid, Holy Priest and Holy Paladin being the ones that I have the most experience on. I chose Holy Priest because it is a fast paced turret style of healer, it is extremely mobile and shines when AoE damage is coming out. I try to play it in a more preventive way, and help the other healers by keeping a blanket on the raid. Though it always seems to be the underdog recently, I really get enjoyment out of getting the most out of it in raids. I’m not a flavour of the month reroller type of player, so even if a spec I love and know inside out isn’t the “best”, I will stick to it and make it work as well or better than others.

Tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation. (You may link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

Being a healer there isn’t really a set rotation, so I’ll try to explain what I do in each situation.
So in dungeons I’ll mostly be running in Chakra: Serenity, the instant cast Serenity spell is very handy for on the move tank healing. I will always be keeping renew up on targets with low incoming damage, and 100% uptime on the tank. I apply Prayer of Mending on CD. For AoE healing I will be using circle of healing, and when I have 2 stacks of Serendipity I will use Prayer of Healing. To build up Serendipity stacks I love using glyphed Binding Heal to heal an extra target. This is also a nice way to AoE heal in a 5-man. If there isn’t damage going out that a renew won’t fix then I will normally change to Chakra: Chastise and help the group by doing some DPS.
In raids, I will pretty much 100% of the time be in Chakra: Sanctuary, unless I’m required to do more spot healing, for instance in Gorefiend’s belly or Kilrogg’s visions, in which case I will swap back to Serenity.
I will be using Circle of Healing on CD (as long as there is damage going out), Prayer of Mending on CD, Prayer of Healing use is situational and mana dependant (though at the moment I have no problems with mana management). Cascade will also be on CD. Otherwise if there is low damage coming out I will stick with Renew and Heal spot healing. In raids I tend not to DPs as much, because my DPS spells cost mana, so in farm fights I probably would, but in progression content depends whether I can afford the mana.

Choose THREE of the following which best describes your usual WOW week. Delete those which do NOT apply

This is very difficult!!!!! First I’d like to say that one of the things I love doing isn’t on the list and that is Reputation Farming, so I suppose that could be included with the achievements. My professions are maxed at the moment, so it isn’t really part of my ‘usual’ WoW week, though when expansions come out I will be all over it! Raiding would usually be on the list for me too, but I can only chose 3, so there :P
- Social questing with guild mates
- Solo questing
- Achievements

Which of your achievements in WoW are you the most proud of, and why? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement - it could just be the slog of levelling from 1 - 85, or looting an item you have farmed for a long time*

So the one I’m most proud of is without a doubt reaching the 60 Exalted Reputations and my The Beloved title! I’ve wanted it since I first started playing, but because I jumped mains so much I could never get it! Until now!
I’m also very proud of finally getting Mimiron’s Head after a year and half of farming!
But finally, I’m very proud of the few ahead of the curves I have, nothing is more rewarding than killing that last boss! I’ve had some great fun while raiding in this game, and I hope to do it again!

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

Sadly I don’t know anyone in Highland Warriors, but I thought I’d mention here that my partner is applying at the same time as me. His character name is Raynve.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

Highland Warriors seems to be a stable and well run guild, I’m after a social environment where people actually use /g chat and help each other out. I’m all for using my abilities and professions to support a community so I like being amongst those who also have the same philosophy. But mainly I’m after people who in future I can call my friends and essentially grow and learn from them too.

How will you improve yourself as a Highland Warrior?

I admit sometimes I tend to be a bit of a loner, I’m not proud of it haha so I will strive to overcome this fault of mine in order to blend in nicely with your community. I will also aim to become a better player overall, a better raider and a better guildie.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

I’m living in Padstow, UK but I am originally from Portugal, so if my English doesn’t make much sense at times that will be why, though I’m pretty much fluent!  I’m currently studying Biology in University and aspire to one day be a Genetic Researcher, like Dr. Putricide ha! I’m a bubbly person, I do like a little bit of banter but I can also be a little shy at first, when I don’t know people very well. I strive to say exactly what I think, good or bad, though I measure when the time is right to do so. I like to stay away from drama, so if I ever have a problem I will always talk about it openly with officers etc. I also have a dog called Cody and we love long walks by the sea :D
Like I mentioned above my partner is also applying, we met in WoW 5 years ago (in Gnomeraggan of all places) and have been together and playing together ever since! I like to think we are a great tank+healer team!
Finally I hope I will be in your midst soon! Thank you for reading my application!
Regards
Pipa

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ari/simple
Kelthari
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Kelthari [Social/Backup] Application

Postby Windavell » 19 Oct 2015, 21:32

Thanks for the very well written application, I like what you've written and how its written.

Nightmares deals with the apps but I just wanted to ask when your partner would be applying, and to also say that we do need healers. Its a shame you cant do both nights but due to flexi numbers these days it shouldnt be a problem to get you involved on the night/s you can do. We do try to run groups on a sunday where possible but thats a bit up in the air at the moment.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Kelthari » 19 Oct 2015, 22:06

Hello Windavell :)

Thank you for the reply and input, it pleases me it wasn't a terrible read haha
For some reason I had in my head that you guys raided 3 nights, derp!!! I can make two nights! So I suppose you can put me down as Flexi/Core Raider!
My partner is writing an application as I write this! :)
Kelthari
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 19 Oct 2015, 22:26

Hey Kelthari

Thank you for your application, have to agree with wind its a very nicely written app as well as pleasing to the eye :-)

I see you mention that you will be only moving with your priest and keeping the other one sin "bank mode so to speak" which i assume by that you will spend the majority of the time on your priest with us here on Thunderhorn?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Kelthari » 19 Oct 2015, 22:56

Hello Nightmares!

Yes that would definitely be the case. I have no reason to keep playing my horde toons. They will be there gathering cobwebs haha, if I do happen to fancy playing one of them again I will move it over as well :) I like having my active toons together!

Feel free to add my battletag if it helps for a chat: Pipa#2456
Kelthari
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Oct 2015, 08:21

Thats great thank you

With regards to your class what kind of research do you do, which sites do you use?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Kelthari » 20 Oct 2015, 09:45

I tend to prefer visual and audio guides to websites if I'm honest :)
I usually have a look at MikePreachWoW's class guides, he is really good covering the basic mechanics and can sometimes give some useful tips, not just for my class but as a player in general. I also like to use, for priest specifically, How2priest.com and I find Wowhead's class guides to be alright as well, icy-veins used to be my go to in the past. For a more general use on boss mechanics etc I would use Fatboss and Methods videos, along with Summonstone, which is sadly closing down :((

But I love getting other players' perspective, so any websites I did not mention that you think are useful, just link them and I will have a good look :)
Kelthari
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Oct 2015, 10:23

Good to hear, out of interest what is your shadow spec like, gear wise, how comfortable are you playing it?

We do have quite a few healers so sometimes we rotate them too? Would you be happy with that?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Kelthari » 20 Oct 2015, 10:39

Well at the moment my Shadow gear is the same as my holy one, apart from trinkets, which aren't ideal either. I'm more than happy to work towards improving my off spec gear though :) and yeah, if everyone rotates that seems perfectly fair to me!!

Edit:
Derp!! Only answered half of the question lol
Shadow is the spec I play most of the time when I'm out in the world, so I know it pretty well, but might need tweaking for raid environment, of course I'm open to advice and tips from other shadow priests, and I already have been doing some research on it.
Last edited by Kelthari on 20 Oct 2015, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.
Kelthari
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Kelthari » 20 Oct 2015, 10:41

Also I thought I'd add here that I'm two Tomes away from the legendary ring, so I will that for both specs as well :)
Kelthari
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Oct 2015, 11:09

Ok Brilliant, i am not gonna lie i am going to copy and paste this reply to your partners application also.

We will arrange a chat tonight if you are around, i would like to do it with both of you in the same group, saves me having the same conversation twice (2 for 1 deal here :p) if you are around tonight please let me know and i will make sure to be online for that time.

Here is my battletag Nightmares#2399
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Kelthari » 20 Oct 2015, 11:33

How dare you!! Haha :D

Yeah we will be around tonight, around 21h realm time and after, so anytime after that is fine :) I'll add you when I get back from work!
Looking forward to the chat!
Kelthari
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: [Trial] Kelthari [Social/Backup] Application

Postby Nightmarish » 20 Oct 2015, 21:37

Trial Offered
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie