[Withdrawn] Anquiz - Hunter - Raider

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Withdrawn] Anquiz - Hunter - Raider

Postby Andreasholm » 12 Aug 2015, 12:16

About You
Country & Region: Denmark Fyn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name Please include all details of name, race and server changes: failure to do so will lead to your application being declined:

Level: 100

Class: Hunter

Spec: Marksmanship/Beast Mastery

Played Time: 30 days

Achievement Points: 11655

Is this your main character? in this expansion yes

Alts Please list ALL alts regardless of level, including name, race, class, level and guild:

Alquiz 100 Warrior Danish Trumpstars
Cereris 100 Mage Danish Trumpstars
Futjin 100 Death Knight Crit n Run
Axquiz 100 Shaman Danish Trumpstars
Moulin 100 Paladin Danish Trumpstars
Wincon 100 Monk
Monstrilio 98 Druid

Previous guilds:
Killer muffins
Live for a Dream
The Nordic Legion

Other guilds you are applying for: none

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Leatherworking 700
Primary 2: Skinning 700

First Aid: 700
Cooking: 700

Raiding Experience
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is predominently guild or PuG, along with 10/25 man, LFR or heroic experience:
I only did LFR in MoP and Cata
Wotlk i raided 10 man ICC and in TBC i only raided Kara, this is the first expansion where i have raided all tiers.

Number of Reputations @ Exalted: on Anquiz i have 12 but on Alquiz (my main before WoD) i have 22.

Play Style

What sort of position would suit you best in terms of what you are looking for from a guild (delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I must raid 2 times a week, at least
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events Im able to attend but wont ragequit if I dont make the group

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Saturday 20:30 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Why did you chose your current spec?
because its the best for the current content

Tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation. (You may link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
i like to do the extra things that have to be done, like framthrowers on Brackenspors or running ammo crates on Hellfire Assualt. i also try to imporv my playstyle to max out my dps as much as i can.
Rotation on a MM hunter right now is CS>KS>AS if target is above 80% hp or RF is up>Barrage>AS for focus dump>SS to Build focus

Choose THREE of the following which best describes your usual WOW week. Delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Inguild only group instancing
- Spamming Looking for Raid
- Levelling professions to max
- Social questing with guild mates x
- Solo questing x
- Looking at the scenary/exploring
- Levelling existing alts
- Levelling a panda
- Levelling through PvP
- Challenge mode LFG
- Challenge Mode in-guild groups
- Acheivements
- Auction House profiteering x

Which of your achievements in WoW are you the most proud of, and why? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard acheivement - it could just be the slog of levelling from 1 - 85, or looting an item you have farmed for a long time*

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors?
No

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
My current Guild is having trouble putting together a consistent raid team and when we finally get a team going, the people that show up arent prepared and we have to use half the time explaining tacs.

How will you improve yourself as a Highland Warrior?
i hope a more consistent raidteam will help me improv my game and hopefully make me a better player.
Andreasholm

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Anquiz - Hunter - Raider

Postby Nightmarish » 12 Aug 2015, 13:04

Hello Anquiz,

Thank you for you application.

Regarding your alts that you listed any on Thunderhorn would be expected to be in guild, is that something you are happy with?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Andreasholm » 12 Aug 2015, 13:49

Hello

i would not have a problem with that
Andreasholm

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Andreasholm » 12 Aug 2015, 13:53

Btw forgot my Shaman Axquiz is in Knights Of Nosdrumo dont play him that much :)
Andreasholm

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 12 Aug 2015, 14:02

Ok great, in terms of keeping up to date with your current class/spec what kind of sites do you use?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Andreasholm » 12 Aug 2015, 15:28

i dont use sites, i use twitch and armory, looking at what the best guilds in the world use, have had bad experience with sites giving wrong info
Andreasholm

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 12 Aug 2015, 16:01

hmm thats debatable, to be fair there are plenty of sites out there and if they are all singing from the same tune then it will most likely be correct.

Using best guilds in the world players is not the best way as they alter there stats a lot based on fights and also to "think out of the box" so they could try something new and different that they as a high calibre player can pull off but won't neccessarily work for the rest of the player base, they play to a different level to most wow players and following them blindly is not neccessarliy a benefit.

You can do your research how you like, but we do take our raiding seriously and currently progressing through heroic as long as you stay competitive with the rest of the raid DPS wise then its all good
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 12 Aug 2015, 16:35

Andreasholm wrote:i dont use sites, i use twitch and armory, looking at what the best guilds in the world use, have had bad experience with sites giving wrong info

I have a question about this. I've been playing WOW since vanilla, and I have an alt of every class, with this in mind I've read a lot of sites, on many different classes on many different specs in my quest to learn how to play them and I have never seen a site get so badly wrong that it was the opposite of what it should be. Sure some might say you need haste > mastery, while others say Mastery > haste but usually the different between the 2 is minimal at best and dependant on certain conditions.
However, in my time as a GM and Raid leader, also since vanilla, I have heard every single excuse under the sun as to why people dont know things and the end result is normally the same, the reason why people dont know, is they dont read up on their class, or the encounter. So to hear you say you dont bother reading sites, and just watch twitch or check the occasional armoury does ring some alarm bells. I check armouries as well, and I know that checking the cutting edge guilds armouries do not always apply to me because Im not doing mythic bosses with 1 healer, or some other outside the box strat.

I would be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt if you have any log files I could look at, perhaps you are really good and so naturally dont need to read up like a lot of people do. We have a few like that here. If you dont, then Im sorry but we are going to have to decline the application, while we are very much about the Person, and not the Gear, we still need people in raids who do read up, who spend time learning their class, and looking for tips/tricks to help overcome bosses, not people who do nothing more than login for a raid, or perhaps watch the odd twitch feed, that simply isnt enough for Heroic content.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it.” - Logen Ninefingers
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 28 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Andreasholm » 12 Aug 2015, 20:22

i think you misunderstood me, i dont use sites because they have been wrong in the past for me, and not because i dont read up on my class. i just dont have the time to do all the sims and experiments on whats best, so i use armory to see what the guys that does the sims think is the best and i use twitch to see have they put it to use. I think its a better way to do it and it works for me, i cant give you any logs because i dont have any and havnt log a fight since highmaul. i believe i know my class and i know that my dps is in the top of what it should be.
Andreasholm

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 13 Aug 2015, 11:30

Hey Anquiz,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure how much about our guild you know but we value people > Gear/skill, anyone that wants to raid can raid in our guild can as long as they make the efforts to prepare and research correctly, so when it comes to raiders aplication we do look at both sides of the coin so to speak with regards to how a player prepares for raids as much as how they are as a person, I am sure you can understand this, by your own admission in your app you said that people came to your raids unprepared and you spent half the time explaining tacs. So we just want to make sure that we get the right people in. The guild has existed since Vanilla and lead by Wind soley for all this time which shows how stable we are and that is based on our members and vetting process we do through the app process.

What could be an idea to alleviate this little quandary of how you research your class would be to either run a LFR in HFC then you can post logs of it, or I am more than happy to run a LFR with you and see how you do?

That way it can all be resolved :-)
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Andreasholm » 13 Aug 2015, 16:48

Andreasholm

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 13 Aug 2015, 18:05

Awesome thanks for that Anquiz.

When you are next online poke me for a chat, i will be raiding tonight so i won't be really able to talk properly but if your about tomorrow or the weekdend i'll be about :)
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?