GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Llevina the Death Knight - Social [Raid trainee]

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Llevina the Death Knight - Social [Raid trainee]

Postby Llevina » 03 Aug 2015, 12:10

Country & Region: Stockholm - Sweden

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Name: Llevina (Wildhammer-EU)

Level: 80

Class: Death Knight

Spec: Frost (main), Blood (secondary)

Played Time: 20-30 hours

Achievement Points: 4745

Is this your main character? Yes

Alts Please list ALL alts regardless of level, including name, race, class, level and guild:

Level 41 Beastmastery Hunter - Aerchion (Wildhammer-EU)

Previous guilds: Please list all the guilds you have been a member of, you may wish use http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charhistory.php as a starting point, especially where there have been name, faction and realm changes. We will check this, don't leave anything out or it reflects negatively on your application

When I played in WotLK I used to be in a guild on Kor'gall called Oldliners on my old characters Llevina-Kor'gall and Megathon-Kor'gall

Llevina-Wildhammer and Aerchion-Wildhammer is in a guild called Big By Wolf, a guild I was invited to when I created the characters. I have no idea why they invited me :) Boost numbers maybe?

Other guilds you are applying for:

The Swedish Legion, I applied on the 30th of July because I wanted a social guild while leveling but I talked to someone on there and he said they weren't active at all so I have rescinded my application there.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: none so far (planned blacksmithing)
Primary 2: none so far (planned mining)

First Aid: 275
Cooking: 0
List any special or rare recipes:
none so far

Raiding Experience
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is predominently guild or PuG, along with 10/25 man, LFR or heroic experience:
MoP: Mogu'shan Vaults
MoP: Heart of Fear
MoP: Terrace of Endless Spring
MoP: Throne of Thunder
MoP: Siege of Ogrimmar

None of the above, I quit WoW during ICC era of WotLK

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader?
Yes, in the future when I have a 100 % grasp of what all of the raids in WoD entails. If I never get the chance that is not a loss aswell, I'm more than happy to being a regular part of a raid.

Number of Reputations @ Exalted: 1 - guild :D

Play Style

What sort of position would suit you best in terms of what you are looking for from a guild (delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I must raid 2 times a week, at least
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events Im able to attend but wont ragequit if I dont make the group
Social/Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Friday 21:00 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

If I know a time when a raid is I can plan my schedule after it - I think a more healthy way of living is planning so I get time with both friends, girlfriend and my hobby (gaming).

Why did you chose your current spec?
It is a good way to get to know the dps side of the Death Knight and level in a good pace. I also have a secondary spec in tanking which I also enjoy A LOT.

Tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation. (You may link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I apply plague + fever first, and then use blood boil to spread it if there are multiple mobs. Then I use obliterate and frost strike dependent on killing machine proc and runic power level. Plague Leech is used when I have depleted runes, I also use blood tap to replenish runes (non macro). I use the dual wielding rotation listed below:
http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-deat ... -abilities

Choose THREE of the following which best describes your usual WOW week. Delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Levelling existing alts
- Acheivements

Which of your achievements in WoW are you the most proud of, and why? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard acheivement - it could just be the slog of levelling from 1 - 85, or looting an item you have farmed for a long time*
I'm proud that I managed to quit WoW back in WotLK when I felt that I needed to fix things in my real life.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
I do not know any existing member :)

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
I want to enjoy guild chat again, I want to progress and grow in-game. I feel like it's a good time to get back into WoW and so far it feels great. What I miss is banter, friends in the game and progressing. Talking in mics during raids is really fun!
I do enjoy alts but of course I will make sure all my alts are in this guild if I get accepted! I plan to have a dps/tank or dps/healer spec on each character I make so I can always fit a role!
My main will be Llevina and I will focus on both tanking and DPS - whichever is needed the most!

How will you improve yourself as a Highland Warrior?
I will watch and read guides on youtube, elitistjerks.com, mmo-champion, icy-veins. I will accept whatever comes, if I cannot get a spot in a raid I will instead to something else or just turn off the game. I want to have a healthy attitude towards the game and towards real life!

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
I quit back in WotLK due to gaming becoming an escape from reality, I did not deal properly with issues I had. I now have finished university, I have a great girlfriend and we are buying our first apartment in October.
I also have a good job now in maritime IT and enjoy working out - which is something I used to hate. I feel ready for a new challenge - bring it on!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... ina/simple
Llevina
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Llevina the Death Knight - Social [Raid trainee]

Postby Nightmarish » 03 Aug 2015, 13:13

Hi Llevina

Nice apllication there, i see you have pre-empted some of my questions regarding alts being in guild and where you keep up to date with the latest info regarding your class. :p

You put that your secondary spec is blood, how comfortable are you with tanking a, don;t worry i am not asking you to be a tank, just more like as a possible emergency situation or doing things like alt runs
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Llevina » 03 Aug 2015, 13:19

Hi there Nightmares! :)

Ah yes, I took a quick glance at other applications to see what other people usually missed in their applications!

regarding tanking - I'm comfortable with the responsibility. I used to off-tank with my warrior in WotLK before I quit so I will have to adjust to DK tanking and gear up a bit when I reach level 100!
I'm always eager to learn and I (usually) don't make the same mistake twice ;)

Ps. I just saw that I spelled the forum name on here without the capital L in the beginning - dang it! :(
Llevina
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 03 Aug 2015, 13:26

fixed it :)
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 03 Aug 2015, 13:31

Brilliant, we like flexible people :-)

Obviously being level 80 there is a bit of levelling to do and some catching up gear wise when you get to 100 if you want to raid, what are your plans to catch up? I am not saying that as a guild we wouldn't help with that if offered a spot, and thing like LFR make it easier at the end of the day people > gear always when it comes to recruiting new members to Highland Warriors. But we do take our raiding seriously and we will be moving into HC raiding within the next week so its a big gulf to make up gear wise, and of course getting back into the swing of your rotation and spell usage.
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Llevina » 03 Aug 2015, 13:42

You are absolutely right, there is a gulf! I have finally fixed my Ui with 17 addons which really makes everything easier (LUI, DBM, Decursive, GTFO etc) so that is taken care of, I will also use this week to do some research on what gear to focus on getting when I hit 100. It's terribly slow here at the office at the moment so I will have time to do that :) I will look into gearing as blood (tank) foremost with DPS as secondary.

Great news though: Beginning next week, my 4 week vacation starts! So I will have more time to play and enjoy life, which hopefully will help out with making the gap shorter! :)

Will the guild be able to provide me with useful information as to what to run/group for in LFR\LFG to get some good starting gear? :)

Windavell wrote:fixed it :)

Thanks Windavell! :hurra:
Llevina
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 03 Aug 2015, 15:57

Sounds great 4 weeks off! Lucky you.

Whenever you are next online poke me for a chat, if i am not nightmares i could be on an alt so poke any member and if i am about they will direct you to me :-)

Chat soon
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Llevina » 03 Aug 2015, 18:46

Alright, great! I will do so! :)

I'm going to do a meeting tomorrow after work and probably won't have time to play but I'll try to get a hold of you on wednesday, thursday or friday depending on when you are not busy! :)

Cheers!
Llevina
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 03 Aug 2015, 18:56

Weds/THurs i will be raiding so those are probably not the best times, but Friday sounds good
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Llevina » 05 Aug 2015, 06:36

I tried whispering you yesterday but you were AFK! :(
I'll try to catch you today before you raid or we'll talk on friday!
Cheers!
Llevina
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 05 Aug 2015, 17:52

ok np, yea sorry i am a bit back and forth before raid
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie