WoW Guild Rankings

[Trial] Warudakumi - Priest - RAIDER

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Warudakumi - Priest - RAIDER

Postby Plaigh » 03 Dec 2014, 22:04

About You

Country & Region: Czech Republic, Moravia, Brno

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name: Warudakumi, Draenei, Argent Dawn EU

Level: 100

Class: Priest

Spec: Holy / Shadow

Played Time: 5 days 16 hours

Achievement Points: 8150

Is this your main character? Yes

Alts:
Argent Dawn EU, Alliance: Vektiss (40 Mage), Shikyu (30 Druid), Louyang (21 Monk); all in Altar
Thunderhorn EU, Horde: Locklear (92 Paladin, Chrocht), Hoppe (90 Priest), Lokky (90 Shaman), Waru (86 Mage), Loitsu (82 Druid), Futhark (81 DK), Louyang (80 Monk), Plaigh (69 Warlock), Daaku (50 Hunter), Larkorwi (48 Warrior), Sightless (10 Rogue)

Previous guilds:
Chrocht @ Thunderhorn EU
Altar @ Argent Dawn EU

Other guilds you are applying for:
None

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Enchanting 651
Primary 2: Tailoring 641

First Aid: 600
Cooking: 101
List any special or rare recipes:
None

Raiding Experience
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is predominently guild or PuG, along with 10/25 man, LFR or heroic experience:
MoP: Mogu'shan Vaults: 10 man
MoP: Heart of Fear: LFR
MoP: Terrace of Endless Spring: LFR
MoP: Throne of Thunder: LFR
MoP: Siege of Ogrimmar: None

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? Please list any relevant previous experience
I don't.

Play Style

What sort of position would suit you best in terms of what you are looking for from a guild (delete as appropriate)

Flexible Raider

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30

(I might be available on Fridays and weekends as well, but it is not sure enough to list it here.)

Why did you chose your current spec?
From the two healing specs I've altered as needed or as I've considered more enjoyable at the moment. Right now I prefer Holy for its wider toolset. And Chakras. Holy Priest gives me many spells to handle many various situations that might occur in instances, including some fancy life-saving cooldowns.

Tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation. (You may link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
There isn't really a healing rotation, so I'm always trying to pick the best possible spell for the current situation and keep track of procs, (de)buffs, environment, mana etc. In tough situations where someone is surely going to die, I'm making sure to try keep up the right party/raid members alive. Concerning my playstyle, I have some videos from WotLK/Cata raids of me as a Holy Paladin (which used to be my main for quite a while) here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1A82243902.

Choose THREE of the following which best describes your usual WOW week. Delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Spamming Looking for Raid (not right now, indeed)
- Solo questing

Which of your achievements in WoW are you the most proud of, and why?

Killing the Lich King and Hallion 25 man HC before Cataclysm is for sure my greatest moment, especially after difficult progression and with significant recognition from other raid members. (On a side note, we were the third guild on Thunderhorn EU to slain Arthas on this mode, and the first on Horde side.)

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

I know Eillena for eight months, he is my colleague at work.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

The main thing keeping me playing WoW besides doing stuff with friends is raiding. However, neither of my current guilds can provide me with that in a form I would like. That's why I like what Eillena told me about Highland Warriors, especially that it is possible to raid flexibly (even though the spot might not be guaranteed), yet on a higher level of quality in comparison with casual raids. I think it would suit me well, since I can't really enjoy truly casual raiding, but I don't have time for hardcore raiding either.

How will you improve yourself as a Highland Warrior?

If I am accepted, raiding with you will certainly challenge me on a few new levels. Flexible number of raid members would be interesting to adapt to. I would be able to improve my Priest mechanics, especially with the changes in WoD. Also, raiding with new people would certainly encourage me to show my best.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

I believe some points in my applications deserve a brief explanation. My main has low time played, achievement points, reputations, etc., because I've mained it only since WoD and I boosted it from level 60 to 90. But it's a follow-up to my experience with my level 90 Priest on Thunderhorn and healing-wise to my experience with my Paladin on the same server. I've played WoW since the beginning, although I hit the max level for the first time during WotLK. I raided Naxx with DPS DK, but shortly after I switched to Holy Paladin, which I mained from Naxx to Mogu'shan Vaults. I stopped playing for some time during MoP because I hadn't time for 3–4 raids per week and I was unable to find a more casual group. So I switched to Priest to try something new and at least went through some LFRs until I stopped playing altogether. After some time, I and some my friends started a tiny guild on Argent Dawn to casually play together. However, this group is not going to raid, which I miss; therefore I'm applying here. (The roster of the AD guild seems not that small, but most characters are just alts and there are actually just five active people, me included.) Since I have a considerable amount of alts, I should note I'm not going to play them and I am okay with spending my time on my main only. It shall not be a problem with my friends on Argent Dawn, as well, since I might be able to occasionally play with them cross-realm, if it's all right with your rules. Finally, I know that you are currently not looking for healers, so in case my main spec might be an issue, I would happily switch to Shadow—I've always enjoyed it and the new passives and talents in WoD made it even more fun to play for me. Please ask me if you'd like to know about my approach to playing Shadow Priest.

Last but not least, please let me thank you for reading and considering my application.
- You must be the hero who will help us fight the demons!
- Yes, I am.
- What incredible powers do you wield?
- I summon demons.
- …

Excerpt from 'The Adventures of Plaigh, the Warlock'.
(previously known as Waru, the priest)
Plaigh
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 2 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Warudakumi - Priest - RAIDER

Postby Nightmarish » 04 Dec 2014, 17:06

Hi Locklear

Thank you for your appilcation

It seems Eill has been quite thorough in some of the details of our guild (as is the nature of Eill :p)

I think that for now if you are happy to go shadow and keep a strong OS healer that would suit us, of course as long as you are happy also with this. Healers are always one of those roles that are always in demand so saying that we would not want you to heal or that you will never heal could be shooting ourselves in the foot.

We are always looking for more ranged so again that would be another benefit for us. We are happy to accommodate you as you say that the majority of your time is with the guild on Thunderhorn.
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Plaigh » 04 Dec 2014, 17:32

Hello Nightmares,

thank you for your reply! As I wrote in my application, going Shadow as main is absolutely fine with me, I will just reconsider my gems/enchants, which are currently oriented towards Holy. I guess I shall now proceed with the realm transfer and contact you in-game when it's done, am I right? I am happy for the opportunity to be part of your community and spend some time in Azeroth, Draenor, and other places with you.

PS: As an ex-Paladin, I must give some thumb-ups to your avatar. :)
- You must be the hero who will help us fight the demons!
- Yes, I am.
- What incredible powers do you wield?
- I summon demons.
- …

Excerpt from 'The Adventures of Plaigh, the Warlock'.
(previously known as Waru, the priest)
Plaigh
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 2 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 04 Dec 2014, 17:39

Haha thanks, pink makes a lot of people nervous on here

Before you do your transfer contact me in game for a chat first, i will be raiding tonight so i won't be able to answer properly till after if not we can wait will tomorrow?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: [Trial] Warudakumi - Priest - RAIDER

Postby Nightmarish » 05 Dec 2014, 12:47

chatted and trial offfered
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie