WoW Guild Rankings

[Trial] Grindlewald - Retribution Paladin - Raider

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Grindlewald - Retribution Paladin - Raider

Postby Grindlewald » 20 Sep 2014, 11:39

About You

Country & Region: Scotland, North Lanarkshire

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ald/simple

Grindlewald, Dwarf

Level: 90

Class: Paladin

Spec: Retribution

Played Time: 102 days

Achievement Points: 7950

Is this your main character? Yes

Alts Please list ALL alts regardless of level, including name, race, class, level and guild:

Previous guilds: Please list all the guilds you have been a member of, you may wish use http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charhistory.php as a starting point, especially where there have been name, faction and realm changes. We will check this, don't leave anything out or it reflects negatively on your application

90 emissary of the light Jun 03, 14
90 Virtus Apr 26, 14
85 Nemesis Oct 01, 12
80 Nemesis Mar 16, 10
80 Cheeky Monkeys Feb 06, 10
75 Cheeky Monkeys Jan 23, 10
70 Cheeky Monkeys Jan 18, 10
55 Cheeky Monkeys Dec 26, 09

Other guilds you are applying for: Not applying for any other guilds at the moment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions - I don't do professions.

Raiding Experience
Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is predominently guild or PuG, along with 10/25 man, LFR or heroic experience:
MoP: Mogu'shan Vaults Cleared up to Eleagon with Nemesis at the start of the expansion. Cleared later but in SoO gear
MoP: Heart of Fear -
MoP: Terrace of Endless Spring - Cleared
MoP: Throne of Thunder - Only raided LFR
MoP: Siege of Ogrimmar - Cleared in LFR, Flex and 10 man normal. All in guild groups other than LFR ofc.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? Please list any relevant previous experience

I don't have an aspirations to become a raid leader, I was raid leader for my guild in Rift clearing all content up to Infernal Dawn. I was also raid leader occasionally for my previous guild in WoW.

Play Style

What sort of position would suit you best in terms of what you are looking for from a guild (delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I must raid 2 times a week, at least
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events Im able to attend but wont ragequit if I dont make the group
Social/Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Any of the above are fine with me.

Levelling

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Monday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Tuesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Thursday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Friday 21:00 CET until 00:00
Saturday 20:30 CET until 00:00
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

All of the above.

Why did you chose your current spec?

I chose retribution paladin because i wanted to play Melee and the spell effects and the paladin tier sets just done it for me. Love the class, will always love the class.

Tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation. (You may link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I follow the standard "FCFS" Ret rotation using CLCret for 100% inquisition uptime, this is highly situational and depends on the fight. I am not a head down faceroll melee player, i know my class inside and out, i know when to devo, cleanse and use my selfless healer procs and lay on hands to make sure nobody falls over in a raid. As i said i love paladins and have never put any time into anything else.

Choose THREE of the following which best describes your usual WOW week. Delete those which do NOT apply

- Looking for group instances
- Inguild only group instancing
- Acheivements

Which of your achievements in WoW are you the most proud of, and why? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard acheivement - it could just be the slog of levelling from 1 - 85, or looting an item you have farmed for a long time*

I am most proud of my Conqueror of Orgrimmar achi. I am proud of this as when i got the achi i had only returned to the game for a month or two and worked hard to get from early MSV gear, build a guild and together get through that raid before 6.0

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

Avlina, Lynara, Demitas i have know these three wonderful people since wrath of the lich king. We were in Nemesis together and had some of the best times i have had in this game.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

I would like to join a guild of like minded people who have the same goals and aspirations about raiding without going hardcore.

How will you improve yourself as a Highland Warrior?

As always i give 100% in anything i am a part of. Continually improving to better the guild as a whole.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

I love heavy metal, playing bass and playing wow. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Grindlewald
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 5 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Grindlewald - Retribution Paladin - Raider

Postby Lynara » 22 Sep 2014, 18:50

I'm sure Night hasn't forgotten this one, but just in case - Grindle is a really lovely person and a good friend of mine, formerly an officer of Nemesis too.
Lynara
Veteran

Liked in: 7 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 22 Sep 2014, 19:05

Hey Grindlewald,

Apologies for the delay in response to your app. Just a couple of things to get started with, you do not list any alts, does this mean you do not have any alts at all?

Secondly no proffessions? I guess with the changes to WoD it doesnt really matter as the benefits they gave to raiding have been removed, but i do think this is odd thind not to do? ANy particular reason?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 9 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Grindlewald » 22 Sep 2014, 19:11

Thanks for the reply Nightmares, I have 2 lvl 90 ALTS a hunter and a mage but I dont play them at all so i didnt think they were worth listing. As for the professions, i am sure Lynara and Demitas have memories of trying to get me to do them. raiding is the only thing i enjoy in mmo's, questing was a means to an end and professions never interested me. I like to think of it as me contributing to the economy of the game :P I know it doesnt sound like a good thing for a prospective member to blindly dismiss professions but i more than make up for that in every other aspect you would look for in a Raider.
Grindlewald
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 22 Sep 2014, 19:15

Its just a weird thing, as something that you love i.e raiding and guessing you are the kind of person that wants to do well in a raid the proffession boosts currently would offer you a increase in your DPS. also for example in previous years having profession was also part of the raid requirements that one main had to be maxed out to give us that extra edge. But with the changes in WoD this seems less essential and i do not think we would be enforcing it come the expansion but i just find it a little curious, especially when people offer profession packs that make the whole lot easier (though that would depend on your gold flow :p)

Regarding your alts if there is even a slight chance of you playing them then they would need to be in the guild (thats if they are on TH) would tha be somehting you are ok with?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Grindlewald » 22 Sep 2014, 19:18

Of course i totally understand and that was the same conversation i had with Dem and Lyn back in wrath not to be that person but my DPS has always spoken for itself. I would happily have my alts in the guild.
Grindlewald
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 22 Sep 2014, 19:25

ok, we'll move along. What king of sites do you look at to keep up to date with your paladin?
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Grindlewald » 22 Sep 2014, 19:31

Mostly Icy Veins and Elitest Jerks. Ret Paladins havent really changed that much since wrath with the exception of Holy power and playing one class exclusively for so many years i feel that there is not much more to learn atm.
Grindlewald
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 22 Sep 2014, 19:42

ALl sounds good to be, there is one more thing though that is requiered if you are offered a trial... and that is abuse Demi at every opportunity, is that something you can do? :p
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Grindlewald » 22 Sep 2014, 19:44

Glad to see that hasnt changed since the days in nemesis. Although there is a good chance Dem and Lyn will want to bring back Blame Grindlenub lol
Grindlewald
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Nightmarish » 22 Sep 2014, 19:51

Yes she did mention that too me literally about 5 mins ago.

Ok i am gonna be RBG'ing tonight so wont be able to talk much but after i can chat if you're about
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Grindlewald » 22 Sep 2014, 19:53

Yeah i am online now and will be for the duration. Thank you for you time Nightmares :D
Grindlewald
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: [Trial] Grindlewald - Retribution Paladin - Raider

Postby Nightmarish » 23 Sep 2014, 21:04

Trial offered
Nightmarish
Ex Guildie