GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

Recruitment Macro: Spam Me

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

Recruitment Macro: Spam Me

Postby Elysah » 06 Sep 2012, 12:19

The Recruitment juggernaut needs to roll into action as we look to beg, steal, borrow, brainwash excellent players into joining our happy band :)

So, if you find yourself with some spare minutes as you mailbox camp in any of the faction capitals, please spam the following :)

Highland Warriors, est. 2005, are recruiting community spirited players, aged 18+. Raiders, dungeoneers & socials welcome. 3/9N ToS 10/10H NH Apply at http://www.HighlandWarriorsGuild.com

Any further enquiries should be directed to the forum :)

Thanks folks :)
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Recruitment Macro: Spam Me

Postby Windavell » 02 Oct 2012, 09:04

Really need some group effort in Recruitment Macro spamming please. Really need to buff those numbers up.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 12 Oct 2012, 09:40

Update to this:

For now, recruitment is mainly focussed on Healers and Tanks, as we cannot really guarantee raids for anymore DPSers from outside the guild, at this point. However, if they are willing to be a Backup Raider, or a Social, whilst they wait for a spot to open up (either in one of the first two groups or the third to be formed), then they are more than welcome to apply.

Top macro's updated

Post on the main Thunderhorn Forum: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5643514370#1

Please bump at your convenience :)
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 13 Oct 2012, 11:24

Update to this:

It's been brought to my attention that some people have taken exception to the opening line of our recruitment macro. For those of you unfamiliar with the marketing campaign for Carlsberg, they make "probably the best... In the world".

It seems that some people think that a good guild can only be one that hardcore raids heroics and, one or two, seem to have a bit of a snide laugh about our status.

Naturally the macro is intended as tongue in cheek, but also to those people I would point out that a good guild is MORE than the sum of its weekly raid hours, it's boss kills and it's loot. It's about the community it fosters.

We have succeeded and stayed together for seven years, where guilds like Soldiers of Light, Caelum, Avante Garde, Triarri - all very successful hardcore raiding guilds - et al have not. We're bound together by more than boss kills and raids. That's what makes us probably the best guild in the world ;)

If you feel uncomfortable with the macro, you can either chose to omit the first bit or not spam it at all. We need more guildies but we don't want anyone to be put in a position where they may feel exposed :) However, please do not make up your own macro ;)

Also, in the unlikely event you find yourself meeting one of these lovely denizens of our server, feel free to send them my way. I'm fiercely proud of our guild, our members and everything we've achieved, so woe betide anyone who tries to belittle that.
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Cephalopod » 13 Oct 2012, 12:34

Bah, small minded fools! Feel free to send the spotty twerps my way too, I will have them for breakfast. And lunch. As possibly tea. Unless we're having a Chinese.
Better than Calamari.
Cephalopod
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 22 Oct 2012, 10:16

macro updated to include boss kills so far. Hopefully more coming if people would signup :anger:
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 24 Oct 2012, 15:39

edited first post to include a link to an addon that will auto post the message for you, at time you set. Saves pressing the macro, or remembering to do it
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Office » 28 Oct 2012, 18:14

Elysah wrote:To help with this, and make it less hassle you can use an addon to spam the Ad via the various channels automatically, this is one
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/guild-recruitment
Makes it a lot easier for you, and gets the message out there more often. Please use, and help us help you.

has anyone actually tried this? because i have it enabled on 2 chars atm and not one message has been sent

Weed will get you through times of no money, but money won't get you through times of no weed.
Office
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 10 posts
Location: In the corner of the living room, over by the back window.
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 28 Oct 2012, 18:55

I have it now, will give it a try
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Office » 28 Oct 2012, 19:14

crap addon tbh, theres not much in the way of configuration to do, but it simply doesnt work, gonna post on curse and tell them its crap, and not to bother wasting his time with future updates until he learns how to code lua properly :anger: :anger: :anger: :anger:

Weed will get you through times of no money, but money won't get you through times of no weed.
Office
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 28 Oct 2012, 19:17

easy tiger. Let me try it first, just in case.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Office » 28 Oct 2012, 19:22

i am somewhat perplexed by this addon, vexed even, 2 hours now, ive seen 2 messages from my alt account, about 30 minutes or so apart, when its set to spam every 3 minutes which is the minimum allowed :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Office
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 28 Oct 2012, 20:11

I went through the comments on curse and it should, and does for some, work fine. Will be playing with it to see.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 06 Nov 2012, 14:59

Macro updated to change the Orange team days and request 1 healer. Basically this healer would be on rotation for Maz so if any enquire, thats what they are needed for since currently we have no one, no backup healers and no back up tanks
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Office » 08 Nov 2012, 11:34

just an update on the addon, it seems to be working fine (when enabled) it just skips an announce every now and again, it does have an option so that it recognizes if other guildies are spamming and it will skip if another guildy has printed the message within the time set, hit and miss but just enable the addon and forget about it, whenever u are in a main city it will send an occaisional message to /2

Office
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 04 Jan 2013, 11:21

Macro updated

we REALLY need people to help spamming this if you want the raid nights to be more consistent. We badly need healers and some dps. Socials would be nice as well but raiders are important to improve progression which has stalled a little due to some of the "core" people being less than reliable.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 06 Jan 2013, 23:38

macro updated with new kills
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 03 Mar 2013, 11:22

Bump this, still recruiting a healer, ideally on Rotation. Could use more reliable dps signs as well since we basically have no backups at all.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 08 Mar 2013, 14:11

Bump, updated macro for new kill... Need healers and backup dps :)
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 01 May 2013, 09:18

macro adjusted, please start spamming, we need more healers
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Next

Return to Want to join?