GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

**APPLY HERE**

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

**APPLY HERE**

Postby Elysah » 30 Jul 2012, 16:58

Who are we?

The Highland Warriors are a twelve year old guild, which is an achievement in itself - almost as old as the Hills(brad) ;) We’d likely describe ourselves as a casual raiding guild, but this doesn’t really do us justice – we’re not just about raiding and we’re more than the sum of our raiding parts.

The Highland Warriors are a friendly community of like-minded players, over the age of 18 - some just about, but most a significant amount of time since. We’re an old fashioned guild with old fashioned values. We believe that members of the guild should be able to rely on each other, no matter what your personal play style: for raids; for mythics; for levelling; for achievement hunting; for the daily grind of World Quests and rep gains. To us, being in a guild is about sharing the experiences of this World of Warcraft together. At this point, it's probably a good idea to add that we also don’t use voice comms for raids, we prefer the gentle tap of keys over the heavy breathing of mics ;)

We have a number of guildies who have played since Vanilla, we have Burning Crusaders and Wrath Babies - a wealth of experience, knowledge and a stable core who have “grown up” within Warcraft. Our community is everything, and this is why we have been around so long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirements

You must be 18 or over. There are exceptions to this.

You must have a "can do" attitude, be willing to accept advice, and look for help if required. You don't have to be server best but you do have to want to try your best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raiding

If you look at our raid progress, you'll see we're listed as 9/10 N, 7/10H... We've historically raided successfully since Vanilla and are still going strong. Looking forward to launching our assault on the Tomb of Sargaras soooooooooooooon.

As a casual raid guild, we run weekly raids across two nights: raid times are normally 21:00 – 23.30 server time on a Wednesday & Sunday

Not Raiding

When we're not seeking vengeance on the denizens of our current raiding tier, we mythic; we heroic; we Karazhan (all valid verbs, honest ;) ); we world quest; some pvp; some achievement farm; some level their 874586th alt /coughSIFcough... Me, I just spend obscene amounts of money at the hairdressers to match the outfit of the week... Whatever you're into, there's someone to share your passion with, to help you and spend time together.

What we’re looking for

Currently, we are looking for... well, everything: raiders, socials, heroic and mythic+ dungeoneers, newbies, oldies, reroller, horde defectors... Heroes :)

Our 2017 raid team is always on the lookout for new members, all classes considered but we have a particular interest in hearing from

- Mages
- Warlocks
- Hunters
- Elemental Shaman
- Boomkins
- Shadow Priests

We welcome members looking to return to raiding following a break; players wanting to get started in something above LFR; players yet to dip their armoured toe in the end game; back up raiders; social players; new players...

We’re also open to more radical recruitment – we’re open to taking in smaller guilds who may also be struggling for numbers to get out to raid regularly each week, or to raid co-operatively with another guild who share our values.

We understand that this is a game and should, above all else, be fun - for ourselves and for everyone within the guild. We're not necessarily after the most hardcore, the most elite, or the most experienced: gear can be looted, and experience can be gained. We are a guild who want - and do - make progress through current content. We are players who are willing to make the best of ourselves and our team; who can pick ourselves up again for round #3847548 of a boss attempt, who can offer positive feedback and take it too: we’re a team and want people who share this spirit.

What next?

Like what you've read?

Well... You're already in the right place :) Have a poke around and find out more about our raiding options, join our shoutbox, read up on our guild rules and see if we fit with your idea of what you're looking for.

You can also feel free to head on over to Thunderhorn to have a chat with me Elysah #2509 or Windavell, the GM if you'd like to know more.

Fortune and glory await :)
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Recruitment news & Application Form

Postby Elysah » 30 Jul 2012, 16:59

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How long does it take to answer applications?

A: It often varies, although the usual time is about 1 week. However, sometimes it may be faster or slower depending on how busy the Recruitment Officer is. On the rare occasions he is unavailable, the Guild Master, Windavell, will contact you instead.

Poor two-line applications, or applications which do not follow our template, are not deleted: but they are encouraged to submit their application in the proper format within the next few days. We never delete applications as they can be used by other applicants as examples of what may or may not make a successful application.

Complete applications are considered weekly and may take longer to reach a decision on. Please don't think that doesn't mean we are not interested, this can be due to current trials or lack of spots for that specific class.

Q: I hate how my guild is doing nowadays, could you give me some information about how my application is looking?

A: We don't rush into application decisions. If you are in a rush to get into a new guild and we are taking too long to answer, you are free to either wait for our answer or join a new guild. However, we would appreciate it if you could inform us of this, either by in-game mail, forum mail or by deleting your application.

Q: My class isn't listed on the classes you are recruiting, is it worth me applying?

A: We are always open to applications. If you think you would be a good fit for our guild, feel free to apply and we will see if there is a possibility of recruiting you ;) Seriously, however, we're open to all applicants if you have the right attitude.

Q: Why is my application handled through the forum and not ingame?

A: Over the years, we've had hundreds of applications and we consider each player carefully against our criteria of what we look for in guildie. We value fairness and honesty and the forum allows us to assess openly. In using the forum, everyone is clear from the start about what is expected - from both the guild and the applicant - along with anything else which may have been agreed.

We believe that its important that everyone in the guild has the opportunity to see who is applying - Azeroth can be a very small world and you may have already encountered one of our number in the past and made an impression.

Furthermore, it frees up online time for the fun parts! We want to enjoy adventuring with our friends, play time is important to us all. However, if you pass that first part of the screening process you will be invited to an ingame chat. If this is the case, please try to be as specific as possible about your online time within the time period suggested. It will make the application process go a lot faster.

Q: Why must I move all my alts into the guild?

A: This guild has been around on Thunderhorn since Vanilla: we're 10 years old and counting. We're a successful guild because of community and the team ethos that it promotes. Playing alts under the same banner as your main means you get to know your fellow guildies and build good relationships with them - death and fortune are good for friendships :)

If you have any other questions regarding your application, then please contact the Recruitment Officer or Guild Master,

*Windavell

If neither of them are available, type /who Highland Warriors and ask a guildie for information :)
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Recruitment news & Application Form

Postby Elysah » 30 Jul 2012, 17:06

Use the following template when making an application to join the Highland Warriors, with your MAIN character.

Please complete to the best of your ability and, most of all, be honest about yourself and what you are looking for. If you are a lower level player, delete all that is not relevant, but please try to tell us more about who you are and what you are hoping for as you level

To ensure you answer the questions correctly, please read - http://www.highlandwarriorsguild.com/hs ... f=7&t=6478 for help and guidance.

Please label the SUBJECT BOX with the name of your main character and class, along with RAIDER or SOCIAL. This then needs to be posted as a NEW TOPIC, in this section of the forum.

Please be aware that all applications are public. In some cases we appreciate that players may wish to submit private applications. Whilst this is not something we encourage, as we think it is important that the guild at least get to see the players who maybe joining their ranks, we can accept applications through the Private Message under certain circumstances, providing you agree to disclose the reasons why you wish to submit it privately. Your application will be shared with the Officers, however.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About You

Country & Region:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:

Level:

Class:

Spec:

Current ilvl:

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1:
Primary 2:

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare
Trial of Valor
Nighthold

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I can commit to every raid each week
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed
Social: I have no current aspirations to raid
Levelling

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Saturday 20:30 CET until 23:30
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- PvP
- Achievements
- Auction House profiteering

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?