GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

Recommend A Lower Level Friend!

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

Re: Recommend A Lower Level Friend!

Postby Elysah » 30 Apr 2009, 17:50

Thanks for this, Kitty.

Hmmz, the age is going to be a sticking point to be honest: really wish you had mentioned this when you said about him the other day.

Based on the grounds of us being a (relatively) adult guild, run by alleged adults, for alleged adults, I am going to have to turn this one down. He may well be mature for his age, but there is no getting away from the fact that he is 16 and some of the conversations in guild are not appropriate for younger players, and could potentially make our current guildies uncomfortable (me included)

I hope you understand my/our position on this. :(
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Night » 01 May 2009, 13:18

I was 12 when i joined!!!
Bluu 80 Rather confused about his own personality.

I R Hill Giant... I R Step on you.
Night
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Hekate » 01 May 2009, 15:20

Exceptions have been made previously. However, past history is no indication of future and frankly, the age policy has been in place many years now.
Exceptions are just that - exceptions.

Like Elora, I feel uncomfortable with people below a certain age within guild - I feel it unfair on the present members, as well as, the individual. So, for what it's worth totaly agree with decision (even though no comment required as understand that recruitment officers word absolute).

I say this with apologies to persons concerned if any offence caused.
Hekate
The Faithful

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 01 May 2009, 17:42

Night wrote:I was 12 when i joined!!!

Lies, Zeds: electricity wasn't even invented when you were 12.
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Chia » 26 Sep 2009, 23:53

Character Name: Hapseleg

Class: 70 Priest

How do you know this person? One of my best friends since kindergarden

Why do you think they would make a good Highland Warrior? He is a very funny and interesting guy who would fit in very well. Once he is level 80 he would like to raid most likely as a healer.

Agreement

I recommend the above player for membership of the highland warriors and can vouch for their character. I accept that I will take responsibility for showing this person around the guild, and ensuring that guild rules are followed at all time.
Chia
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 27 Sep 2009, 10:42

Due to this lvl, can you get him to make a full application please Chia. Since this is the guy I saw in the instance yesterday I'd like to know a bit more about him in his own words
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 26 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Tinly » 18 Nov 2009, 23:31

I, Tintra, recommend:

Character Name: Neevo

Class: Warlock

How do you know this person? real friend through several years

Why do you think they would make a good Highland Warrior? he's is an outmost competent player who enjoys the game and the social network it gives. He's active on forum and in-game and generally a really nice person. He's a former raid leader and therefore many of the quirks and notches of raiding. He will read up on his class and strive to perform the best.

I know he's only lvl 32 as of now but know this as well as gear will be improved asap and without any "plx pull me thorugh lotz of dungeons"...

Agreement

I recommend the above player for membership of the highland warriors and can vouch for their character. I accept that I will take responsibility for showing this person around the guild, and ensuring that guild rules are followed at all time.

agreed.
Tinly
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 19 Nov 2009, 21:11

Going to mix this with the actual application as your mate does intend to become a full time raider and is aiming to get there as quickly as possible.
So if I accept his application, you will still be responsible for looking after him :)
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Tinly » 20 Nov 2009, 00:35

ofc
Tinly
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Shankly » 23 Nov 2009, 23:19

Character Name: Klunky

Class: Warrior

How do you know this person? RL work colleage

Why do you think they would make a good Highland Warrior?

Good laugh, mature, loves the game for all the right reasons and not just in it to win it so to speak. knows there is a lot of work to be done to get to end game and i think would benefit from having such a helpful and friendly guild to help achieve that, after seeing some of the guilds out there i wouldn't really recommend him to go anywhere else tbh. :grouphug:

Agreement

I Agree. :cheers:
"WHEN THE WORLD SLIPS YOU A JEFFERY, STROKE THE FURRY WALL!!!"
If You Dance With The Devil, You Wait For The Song To Stop
Purveyor of Sausage since 1977
Shankly
The Chosen

Liked in: 2 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 23 Nov 2009, 23:23

what level is he, shank? because at a certain level he has to do his own application, which you can of course post a recommendation in
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Shankly » 24 Nov 2009, 18:28

ah sorry.

he is level 22 but ofc he gets the triple xp from questing with me on my alts as and when i am not signed for a raid :wink:

but as i said he's not really in it for end game content atm as he doesn't really know what that is

he did play wow a very long time ago, prob vanilla and not for more than a month or so, but then, as he tells me his bro nicked his comp and he never saw it again :lol:
Shankly
The Chosen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Shankly » 20 Feb 2010, 14:09

Character Name: Ghandolf

Class: Priest level 17

How do you know this person? RL friend for a long time

Why do you think they would make a good Highland Warrior? Friendly, chatty, funny and wants to learn how to play properly.
knows very little about the game as he has only just started out but i think he'd be a great addition to the HW ranks.
unfortunately he's a Man.Utd fan but i dont think we can hold that against him :D

Agreement

Shankly
The Chosen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Doomgiver » 17 Jul 2011, 18:33

Class: Treelicious

How do you know this person? RL Friend

Why do you think they would make a good Highland Warrior? Hes a kind and funny guy, He doesnt know much about wow but what he knows is all about Highland Warriors lol.

I will be doing RAF with him, so nice quick lvling :) he bought the game today!! so he is now banging it out!
Agreement

Thanks Doom
Doomgiver
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 18 Jul 2011, 22:12

Thankyou for this recommendation, DG.

Before this continues any further, I would like to know the following: character name, and current level.

Also, if he has not already done so, I would like it if he could register on the forum and say a few words about himself in this section.

If he is a lower level character, it is very important that you both understand the following,

1. We are almost exclusively an end game raiding guild: there will be very little activity around his level, unless someone happens to be levelling an alt at the same time.

2. Whereas, if he were to join, he is more than welcome to join us for conversation, or seek advice and tips on levelling, specs and gear. However, requests for boosts, quest help and/or gold will not be tolerated.

3. He would be very much expected to reach level cap before the end of the summer and have a motivation to become involved in guild heroics and raids

4. If he were to join, there would be an expectation that you, DG, continue to sign to raids as you have been doing these past few months. Raids which are tanks down, whilst you potter on an alt, would not be viewed very favourably.

I realise these conditions seem harsh - to be honest, whereas cultivating players at the grass roots has always been something I have been keen to encourage, the fact remains that a lower level character joining a guild such as ours would require a huge amount of intrinsic motivation to truly become a part it. Its not going to be easy levelling a character from scratch, but if he has the right attitude then we would be willing to lend the support.
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Treelicious » 21 Jul 2011, 13:21

Hello Elysah,
My name is George and I am DG's mate, we are currently doing RAF and am lvl 53 and growing fast. Doom has spoken to me about the rules and I am fully aware of them. I will be lvl 85 very soon and can't wait to participate in guild dungeons/heroics and to meet the whole guild, but sadly I cannot raid due to me working late shift's. :'(

Thanks, hope to meet you all soon.

Kind Regards Treelicious.
Treelicious
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Treelicious » 23 Jul 2011, 10:40

Just a little update, I am now lvl 66 and still growing fast.

Thanks Treelicious
Treelicious
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 23 Jul 2011, 11:35

I whispered you yesterday when you were in Manatombs with DG. Never got a response.
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Office » 10 Feb 2012, 22:46

Character Name: Arl

Class: lvl 45 Disc Priest

How do you know this person? RL friend for over 30 years

Why do you think they would make a good Highland Warrior? She shares the same values as me, and given the chance i think she will be a good asset to the guild.

Agreement

Signed Office :)

P.S

Application: http://www.highlandwarriorsguild.com/hs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6620

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Arl/advanced

Weed will get you through times of no money, but money won't get you through times of no weed.
Office
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 10 posts
Location: In the corner of the living room, over by the back window.
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Dano » 07 Mar 2012, 16:40

Character Name: Vampeta

Class: Druid - lvl 40 atm

How do you know this person? Real life mate since the day i can remember

Why do you think they would make a good Highland Warrior? Just like me in many aspects. Oh wait you said a good highland warrior :facepalm:
Family Man with 2 kids, a true newbi to PC gaming so many laughs to be had at his expence.

Agreement

"In a game where a Cow can mount and ride a Chicken wearing a wizards hat and wielding a fish..you choose to moan about pandas."

Mannings - lvl 90 Rogue - Manneh - 80 Deathknight - Retridin - 87 Paladin - Ferrinas - 90 shaman - Naudo - 86 druid - Vathaun - 90 Warlock - Dano - 86 Mage - Mannwah - 80 Warrior - Mannuita - 90 Hunter - Mannous - 34 Priest
Dano
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

PreviousNext

Return to Want to join?