WoW Guild Rankings

[Trial] Turtledog - Hunter - Social

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Turtledog - Hunter - Social

Postby Turtledog » 07 Feb 2019, 16:08

So I am applying as Social while I level up my new character, with possibly looking to raid when I have the gear to do so. I have recently returned from a break where I haven't had the time to play.

About You

Country & Region: England, Hampshire

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Turtledog

Level: 111

Class: Hunter

Main Spec: Beast Mastery (Leveling)

Off Spec: Nothing as of yet

Current ilvl: Well.... this fluctuates as I level, not sure I can answer this with one solid value

Link to your profile via the Armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/Thunderhorn/Turtledog

Alts
Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Ermmm, too many to list over the many years of playing this game. However my most recently played character before this one is https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... Turtleduck
I played a lot at the start of BfA, did some raiding on this character but then I stopped playing due to work commitments, I now have time to play again :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play Style

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

This would have to be back in Dragon Soul, I managed to solo heal the Warmaster Blackhorn on Heroic from the 2nd wave of adds in Phase 1. My friend who was the other healer got stuck and died leaving me to heal the remainder of the fight alone,
this was painstakenly stressful running on empty mana for most of the 2nd phase, but we eventually managed it and the raid leader couldn't understand how I managed it. I felt so happy even though the hunter won the tier pants that dropped!

RAID APPLICATIONS ONLY: Dungeoneering & Raiding

Leveling currently, but may want to reapply for a raider role down the line :)

Which of the following days each week are you available?

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Sunday 21:00 CET until 23.30

I would be available for both.

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites in support of your application)
N/A - I'm leveling

What is your greatest achievement in a raid situation?
You've already seen this in the section above :P

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
Done it in the past, not sure I want to do so again anytime in the future sadly.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
I do not, you guys appeared when trying to search for casual raiding on google ^^ and raid only 2 days a week, which I feel at my ripe old age of 31 is something I would much rather enjoy when I finally reach 120.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors? Things other applicants have included here include, what was it about the Highland Warriors which made us stand out from the hundreds of other guilds recruiting? Have you been aware of the guild prior to applying? Did someone recommend you join us? Did you group with a member of our guild and become enchanted by what a wonderful person they are?
Again, only raiding 2 days a week is ideal (later down the line). I very much enjoy Mythic+ if anyone ever wants a hunter.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself? You may wish to talk about when you started Warcraft, any previous main characters, any interesting life events or details you would like to share with the guild to find similar interests with our members
Turtleduck on Dragonblight has been my main for a few of the expansions since WoTLK, he was horde for the majority of that time, but I really want to play alliance now (he is alliance to unlock dark iron dwarfs)
So a little IRL information, my names Jacob and I work in the gaming industry as a QA Lead. I spend my weekdays testing mostly mobile apps, with the odd pc game if I get lucky :P
My weekends involve gaming, seeing my family and watching football (as long as it isn't Liverpool)

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
I am really no good at this.... so here goes

What do you get when you cross a centipide with a parrot?

A Walkie-Talkie.

If there is anything else you would like to know.... just ask :D
Turtledog
Recruit

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Turtledog - Hunter - Social

Postby Windavell » 07 Feb 2019, 23:18

Hi Turtle

Thanks for the application. Catch me ingame for a chat when you see me about please, either on Windavell or Windstealer. My online time is roughly late friday night, sat/sun evenings, with some randomness during the weekend day times :)
Mistakes : It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 28 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Turtledog - Hunter - Social

Postby Turtledog » 08 Feb 2019, 10:32

Great! thanks :D

I'll be around tonight and most of the weekend, i'd be surprised if I don't catch you at some point this weekend :shrug:
Turtledog
Recruit

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?