WoW Guild Rankings

[Declined]DukiesLoc Affiction Warlock Social/Raider

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Declined]DukiesLoc Affiction Warlock Social/Raider

Postby Dukie » 10 Oct 2018, 23:02

About You

Country & Region: Denark

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: DukiesLoc Wolf born and raised on Thunderhorn

Level: 120

Class: Warlock

Main Spec: Affiction

Off Spec: none atm

Current ilvl: 354

Link to your profile via the Armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /Dukiesloc

Alts
Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

Dukie - Human - Arcane mage
Dukies - Dranoir - Shadow Priest
Seedofchucky - Pandarian - Enc/Res Shaman
And so on...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play Style

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- PvP
- Achievements
- Mount/pet farming

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

Ofc the 4 years anniversary achivement... if i remember correct the first one after the made the achievement system

RAID APPLICATIONS ONLY: Dungeoneering & Raiding

What sort commitment are you able to offer? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I can commit to every raid each week

Which of the following days each week are you available?

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Sunday 21:00 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites in support of your application)
Affiction/Arcane (all about placement and keeping the dots/mana up)

What is your greatest achievement in a raid situation?
Have most of them, but its always nice to make the fight achievements

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
No

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
Siffried since i was in HW last time... so its must be like forever... probably others aswell.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors? Things other applicants have included here include, what was it about the Highland Warriors which made us stand out from the hundreds of other guilds recruiting? Have you been aware of the guild prior to applying? Did someone recommend you join us? Did you group with a member of our guild and become enchanted by what a wonderful person they are?
Sif again again

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

I'm a borring guy.. never tell jokes xD
Dukie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: DukiesLoc Affiction Warlock Social/Raider

Postby Elysah » 11 Oct 2018, 08:57

Hello Dukie

Thank you for your interest in (re)joining the Highland Warriors.

I know you are still friendly with Sif, she’d let me know you were thinking of applying and it’s clear in your application you’re still in touch. However, other than that, your application doesn’t tell me much more.

I see you’re in Revexia at the moment. Why are you looking to move on from there? I see they are still active with the last kill at the end of September, so progress wise not a million miles from us. However, I do notice you have a few HC kills under your belt - are these from joining pugs or friends from outside your guild?

As an affliction warlock, what’s your play style in a raid? For example, in a fight such as HC Mother how do you keep up dps on a fairly high movement fight?

Why do you want to come back to the Highland Warriors, it’s been a long time so why now specifically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Dukie » 11 Oct 2018, 16:17

I see you’re in Revexia at the moment. Why are you looking to move on from there? I see they are still active with the last kill at the end of September, so progress wise not a million miles from us. However, I do notice you have a few HC kills under your belt - are these from joining pugs or friends from outside your guild?

1. Cause there isnt many active players there anymore.
2. A two guild run.

As an affliction warlock, what’s your play style in a raid? For example, in a fight such as HC Mother how do you keep up dps on a fairly high movement fight?
- Must be melee u think of.. cause i can mainly just step 2 steps forward or back. Besides that my dots are up for like 15-20 sec and they can be casted while running (wind part, lasers) not to forget the talent: Demonic Circle

Why do you want to come back to the Highland Warriors, it’s been a long time so why now specifically?
Well as I remember it used to be all about having fun and casual raiding for those that wanted... just like Revexia has been the last 2-3 expansions for me.
Dukie

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 13 Oct 2018, 09:34

Hello Dukie

Apologies for my delay in replying: I must admit your application has given me pause for thought. You see, we’ve always been an inclusive guild and have largely offered a home to most of those who have asked and want to be here.

We’ve been really fortunate to have amongst our number some of the best people Warcraft has to offer, and I am proud to call them my friends. They’re people who have helped this guild become what it is and deserve guildies who will compliment them.

I have found your application very difficult: your first effort wasn’t great in terms of giving a sense of who you are and what you’re looking for. My questions gave you an opportunity to elaborate more but your reply hasn’t really done much to change that. I’ve found your answers to be borderline arrogant and, if I’m honest, that’s really not for me.

It’s further highlighted by the ‘lock application which followed yours which, in comparison, enthuses about becoming a part of our small community. We don’t necessarily cap class roles for raiding, but on a like for like basis, he stands head and shoulders above you in the effort he has shown.

I wish you every success in your search for a guild. Application declined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?