WoW Guild Rankings

[Trial] Cadou, Holy/Disc Priest, Raider/Social

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Cadou, Holy/Disc Priest, Raider/Social

Postby Cadou » 23 Sep 2018, 11:42

About You

Country & Region: United Kingdom, Lancashire

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:

Cadou

Level: 120

Class: Priest

Main Spec: Holy > Disc

Off Spec: Shadow

Current ilvl: 319

Link to your profile via the Armoury:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... horn/Cadou

Alts
I have many alts, but none of them are really played. They are mostly results of class exploration. The only one, other than my Priest, at level cap is my Paladin:

Name: Cadox
Class: Paladin
Main Spec: Holy
Off Spec: Prot (can DPS too if I really have too!)

This Paladin was my first capped character, but I fell out of love with the holy play style, so I switched to my priest after a day. There's no real gear on him, but I would be willing to gear him up to help if required.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play Style

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- Transmogging

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

Eh, this is a tough one. I suppose my most valued achievement was becoming part of a friends raiding guild back in Wrath. We worked every week to clear the content and I can say that above all, the social aspect of that time made it the best experience and furthest I have ever been motivated to progress. I forged some amazing friends and had the best time I have ever had in WoW to this date.

I am also proud to say I have purchased and read all of the novels in order, which if you haven't done yet - I implore you to do so!

RAID APPLICATIONS ONLY: Dungeoneering & Raiding

What sort commitment are you able to offer? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I can commit to every raid each week

Which of the following days each week are you available?

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Sunday 21:00 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites in support of your application)

I used to play a priest, way back ine Wrath days, before I moved to Shaman (as requested by the guild). I have always had a massive class fantasy click with the priest, just the way they play and are portrayed in-game and in the novels/movie. I have always been a healer from day 1. I can't explain why, but none of the other rolls really give me any kind of "job satisfaction" and that's something that's really important to me when immersing myself in a game. The holy spec in BFA has been slightly tweaked from Legion and I have to say, I LOVE it! I have never had so much fun running PUGs (and that is saying something!) disc is great too, such a different playstyle, but I feel like holy has a better toolkit for dealing with issues in dungeons (aka. people standing in the fire.)

What is your greatest achievement in a raid situation?

Gosh, it's been a good few years but I can remember finishing off Valithria Dreamwalker with just myself and a DPS alive! It was great, one of those moments where the voice comms has a meltdown :drink:
That same week I got the one-hand that created a bubble or was it a HOT, when you healed with it... I can't recall. However, I do remember being over the moon!

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

I am not currently looking to be a raid leader. I am a real-life raid leader, being the head of marketing for a large technology company here in the UK. I don't think it would be good for me, or anyone else's mental health to continue managing people after a corking day at the office :worthy:

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

I do not

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors? Things other applicants have included here include, what was it about the Highland Warriors which made us stand out from the hundreds of other guilds recruiting? Have you been aware of the guild prior to applying? Did someone recommend you join us? Did you group with a member of our guild and become enchanted by what a wonderful person they are?

I decided I was going to buckle down and find myself a community this time around, and I began my search for a guild that I thought I could fit into and that could also work for me. I sifted through tonnes of guild recruitment posts and in-game guild finder searches until I finally came across the Highland Warriors.

I think it's important to understand more about me so that you can better understand why I chose to apply here. I am the kind of person that only has friends and partners that are much older than me, my career has always been my focus and I have grown up in a very adult environment. I sometimes find that making friends with people in my own age range is hard, as I'm just not on that wavelength. So, I set out to find a guild with a great attitude and mix of people my own age and older. I immediately picked up on the tone of the guild from the recruitment post, and it was exactly what I was looking for! I am looking forward to meeting new people, progressing, helping and forging friendships along the way. Your guild seems like the perfect place to do all those things!

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself? You may wish to talk about when you started Warcraft, any previous main characters, any interesting life events or details you would like to share with the guild to find similar interests with our members

Urm, I am I pretty open minded and confident guy so I suppose I can run down some of the important things :P

I am a total digital native. Anything with a plug on it, chances are I can fix it. This has proven very useful in my life thus far! I am gay, which means I can add a little sparkle to the guild chat (although I'm afraid I'm not at Luis Spence levels of sparkle).

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.

Dane ;)
Cadou
Recruit

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Cadou, Holy/Disc Priest, Raider/Social

Postby Elysah » 23 Sep 2018, 19:37

Trial offered :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah