WoW Guild Rankings

[Trial] Kaldane 110 Monk

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Kaldane 110 Monk

Postby Kaldane » 20 Sep 2018, 01:10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About You

Country & Region: United Kingdom, London

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Kaldane ( New alliance Reroll)
Level: 110

Class: Monk

Main Spec: DPS

Off Spec: TANK

Current ilvl: Negligible

Link to your profile via the Armoury: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... rn/Kaldane

Alts
Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Ignacious, Bloodhoof EU, The Suffering, Subtlety/Assass Rogue Level 120 https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /Ignacious

Diamox Bloodhoof EU Lvl 110 Demon Hunter Vengeance
Anomandrake Bloodhoof EU Lvl 110 Druid Feral
Raon Bloodhoof EU Lvl 100 Mage
Stormshield Bloodhoof EU Lvl 94 Priest
Moridinar Bloodhoof EU Lvl 90 Death Knight

My alts are generally either in The Suffering or my previous inactive guilds that I have been in since Vanilla.

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

I think that would be expensive in the short term!!! I would consider moving some of my characters over once settled in the guild.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play Style

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs
- PvP
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

Resurrecting my guild Pulse at the beginning of TBC to become top 3 in the server on raid progress. I was GM and raid leader after all the previous leadership left for the top guild on the server, Ebrium.

RAID APPLICATIONS ONLY: Dungeoneering & Raiding

What sort commitment are you able to offer? (Delete as appropriate)

Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month

I am hoping that I could make at least one raid a week and if all goes well and life permits, both on a regular basis. I understand I have a long way to go before I am raid ready and caught up.

Which of the following days each week are you available?

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30 Yes
Sunday 21:00 CET until 23.30 Yes

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites in support of your application)

I chose a Monk because I like the hybrid nature of the class which gives me multiple options ( I played druid for half of the last expansion) and windwalker because at heart I love dps. SInce I switched from mage to rogue in Wrath, I have always preferred melee and have tried most melee classes. Monk has similar mechanics to the rogue but with options for both single target and aoe damage all in one spec. I can't say I am an expert yet in Monk rotations - my knowledge is mainly theoretical from Icy veins. However, I am confident I can do well with the class with some time.

What is your greatest achievement in a raid situation?

At one point in WOTLK when I was raiding semi hardcore, I ranked in the top ten of rogues in the world on a couple of fights in one of the raids. For the life of me I cannot remember which one but I enjoyed the fact that I knew my class and rotation very well and could perform to a high standard whilst raid leading.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

Not really. I don't really have the time to do the role justice. If we are desperate and no one else is able, I can of course help as required.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

Unfortunately, not. I feel like I know you though just from my recent conversations with guild members and the impression I get from your website.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors? Things other applicants have included here include, what was it about the Highland Warriors which made us stand out from the hundreds of other guilds recruiting? Have you been aware of the guild prior to applying? Did someone recommend you join us? Did you group with a member of our guild and become enchanted by what a wonderful person they are?

Well once I decided that I wanted a fresh start on the dark side with the alliance, I started doing some research on the wow forums searching for mature guilds. After some hunting I shortlisted a few and you guys stood out. The positives were that you aren't huge so gives me more of an opportunity to get to know people rather than be lost in the crowd. The fact that you have been around since vanilla suggests sustainability and a cohort of people around my age and facing similar challenges in balancing the game with real life commtments. Your casual raiding stance and raid days and start times all suit me too. Currently, although I am developing my character I don't feel like I am working my character up for anything really - not really running Mythic+ as people tend to have set groups or run them at variable times in my guild, not raiding past LFR and not really fancying PVP currently. At the moment I am just grinding for Pathfnder so its available on my new character. I am hoping with the option to raid, i will have more focus and therefore more enjoyment moving forward.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself? You may wish to talk about when you started Warcraft, any previous main characters, any interesting life events or details you would like to share with the guild to find similar interests with our members

I started WoW in Vanilla. My friend who has similar interests to me both in gaming but in fantasy fiction/sci-fi decided to get me the game for my birthday. He was a horde Shaman well on his way to level 50 and I didn't even know where to start. I have a small confession here - I first rolled a NE Druid not realising I couldn't interact with the horde side. I guess my first inclination was towards the alliance but I went horde and never looked back ,,,,until now. I must say the game was a godsend to me as I was doing long shifts as a junior doctor and it really allowed me to decompress my brain. I joined my friend's guild which fell apart and then created a small one and tried to get raiding off the ground with a couple of ZG runs. This didnt get very far so joined a new guild called Pulse and proceeded to raid all the way through to BWL, killing Nefarian just before TBC hit. As mentioned, the leadership left and we resurected the guild as Ashes, enjoying some success when we hit a wall in BT late into the expansion. This lead to some attrition and finally the guild split, this time with some of the leaders leaving for a more hardcore raiding set up. In real terms with managing a guild, raid leading and the drama that unfortunately was a symptom of that time I was pretty burnt out so after a few months of hardcore raiding and killing Ilidian I left the game.

I returned with a fresh start on my alt, Ignacious a rogue to a friend's guild at the start of WOTLK. This went pretty well till mid expansion when the guild slowly fell apart losing its better raiders to more successful guilds. My friend and I joined Escapism and stayed there till it became more of a social guild in Mists of Pandaria. I also was a raid leader there till late Cataclysm when real life commitments took over. I did play and really enjoyed SWTOR until the hiatus before the game changed in 2011. I played the next few wow expansions casually until i joined the other ex escapists in The Suffering at the begining of Legion. I levelled my druid as feral and raided on the Friday fun runs till mid expansion when we had my son and RL again took over. Now things are settled again so I wanted to enjoy the game again in a casual no drama manner - hence I've come to you to hopefully find that. A couple of my friends also would be interested in joining but I will leave it to them to apply seperately.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke...

What's brown and Sticky?

A Stick.

Yeah I know terrible. Bit like 'What do you call a girl standing in the middle of a tennis court?'

Annette.
Kaldane
Minion

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Kaldane 110 Monk

Postby Windavell » 20 Sep 2018, 10:41

Many thanks for the application. I believe you have been speaking with Elysha mostly and as she deals with the apps (verbally abusing people who butt in...) I just wanted to comment on the app itself and the 2nd joke that did give me an actual chuckle, good job :nice:
Mistakes : It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 28 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 20 Sep 2018, 21:19

Windavell wrote:I believe you have been speaking with Elysha:

Who?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 20 Sep 2018, 21:24

Heyho Kaldane. Thank you for your application and what an interesting read it is too :)

As I said when we chatted, still gearing and levelling isn’t an issue: we’re as social as we are raiders. We have players at all stages, including those who have no intention of raiding at all. We’ve been around long enough to know that a guild lives or dies by its community and having a rich variety of players means we’re not going anywhere :)

What’s your online time like this week to continue our chat in game? :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 20 Sep 2018, 21:40

Elysah wrote:
Windavell wrote:I believe you have been speaking with Elysha:

Who?!

sorry, I keep forgetting that was the name you should of had, before you typo'ed and didnt realise until it was too late...
Mistakes : It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 28 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 20 Sep 2018, 21:55

Windavell wrote:sorry, I keep forgetting that was the name you should of had, before you typo'ed and didnt realise until it was too late...

Bugger off

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Kaldane » 21 Sep 2018, 07:41

I should be around late evening tonight or tomorrow. I’m normally on 10pm uk onwards but may be able to get on earlier.

Best Wishes

Kal
Kaldane
Minion

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 22 Sep 2018, 13:49

Trial offered