WoW Guild Rankings

[Trial] Paddingtton Rogue (Assassination)

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Paddingtton Rogue (Assassination)

Postby Paddingtton » 06 Aug 2018, 18:23

About You

Country & Region: North East of England

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:

Name: Paddingtton

Level: 110

Class: Rogue

Spec: Assassination

Current ilvl: 192 (I've been away from the game since Cata, only returned two weeks ago hence what I'm assuming will be an incredibly low gear score but hoping that with the expansion coming soon it'll be a level playing field)

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)? : Definitely! More than happy to put them all in.

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Empyreanarc, Wildhammer, Alliance, Shaman, 85, no guild

Sions, Wildhammer, Alliance, Death Knight, 74, no guild

Paddingtone, Wildhammer, Alliance, Druid, 4, no guild

Allti, Wildhammer, Alliance, Mage, 6, no guild

As a returning player I also have a free 110 boost so more than happy for suggestions on how to spend it. I've played in tank and healer roles so if there's a particular need for a certain class/spec let me know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play Style

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs (I haven't had a chance yet but I'm sure I will like these)
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- PvP
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

I was part of a fantastic little guild back in Wrath of the Lich King and I think the learning curve and progression through Icecrown up to the Lich King was full of proud moments. Nothing better than conquering the current hardest challenge in a game with your friends. Actually what am I saying ... it was clearly the many (many) hours I put into fishing up that damned Sea Turtle mount in Scholazar Basin :P

RAID APPLICATIONS ONLY: Dungeoneering & Raiding

Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?

I'm a returning player so I have no experience of raiding in the game since Cataclysm however I would like to think that I'm a very competent player, always keeping up to date with the most efficient spec, gear, etc. and therefore would hope in time I could join some raids with you all.

Please list your progression and difficulty mode, ie LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic, ie 5/12 HC

Nighthold - N/A
Tomb Of Sargaras - N/A
Antorus, The Burning Throne - N/A

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I can commit to every raid each week
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed

Which of the following days each week are you available?

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30 - I do travel with work sometimes however I usually can dictate this and would know in advance if there was any issues and I was unable to make it.
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites in support of your application)

I love(d) playing rogue to try and get down as an efficient rotation as possible and pump out the high dps. I always try and be the best possible player I can be but make sure to be having fun while doing so. I also use a few macros for tricks of the trade, etc. to try and make life a bit easier which I've been having to re uncover since returning to the game.

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

I don't have any aspirations to be a raid leader however I have in the past and do so on other games such as Destiny. Although leading 10+ people over 6 is a whole different kettle of fish! I always make sure I'm knowledgeable about any raid or dungeon, so if ever the need arose and everyone was confident and happy for me to I wouldn't mind stepping up.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them? I don't think so.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
As I said I was part of a great little guild back in the day but I left to go travelling and when I came back everyone had moved on to new pastures :cry: The game just wasn't the same without a guild and the guild I ended up in was very hard core and full of stressed out people. I left that one sharpish. This left me feeling a bit lost with the game so I put it to rest and then life took over and before I knew it years had past. With the new expansion coming out I thought it would be a great time to jump back in however I'm really keen to start with a great guild and reading through your website it sounds like you have the attitude and atmosphere I'm looking for. I'd really like to get back into raiding but I'm more than happy to just have a bit of banter with people if there's no raiding space, and hopefully get raiding with you all one day. As I've been away for so long I'm just getting to grips with the game again however I think I'm just about there and can go full steam ahead come the expansion. Plus you have Sheldon on your homepage and I share his love of Alienware laptops ;p

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
My name on here used to be Empyreannoir which was a ridiculous name no one could pronounce that I made way back when; so before I got stripped and sent through the streets with someone ringing a bell and shouting shame after me I decided to change it to Paddingtton to keep it more in line with my other game names in hearthstone, PS name, etc.

In general I try to be the best player I can be but I do so without getting too hung up on it. I don't really enjoy incredibly intense and serious people on any game as I don't think people going on like Trump gets the best out of people, however I do respect the rule of law in a raid (and have read your rules) so hopefully we'd get along great.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

“Love is like a fart. If you have to force it it’s probably shit.”

Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from you!!

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website
Unfortunately for some reason my main isn't showing in the armory and I'm guessing it's the name change? I'll try and update when I can.
Paddingtton
The Chosen

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Paddingtton Rogue (Assassination) - Social/Hopefully Rai

Postby Elysah » 06 Aug 2018, 20:06

Hello Paddingtton

Thankyou very much for your application :)

Nice to see another returner to the game, and thank you for looking at us.

I like your application, it gives a nice sense of who you are and what you're looking for: and also, a rogue! Not seen one of you, as a main, for some time around these parts!

Your intentions around raiding: there is no problem in terms of your lack of raiding since Cata... Experience is can be gained by anyone these days, it's the attitude that counts and you seem to have the pragmatic approach we like. And you're right, the expac is a great leveller for us all, 5 levels into the new expac and it no longer matters if you had the BiS legends from the previous raiding tier. In terms of our raiding structure, we have some people who form our core raid team and turn out every week, barring holidays and illness, and others who dip in and out based on their online times and other commitments, so which ever you eventually fit into it's not a problem. Obviously, the bigger the core team the better, but equally we understand that there is a real life out there! :)

What are your online times like for this week, so we can have a chat in game? However, I am away from Friday 10th for a week, so sometime before that would be preferable :)
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Paddingtton » 06 Aug 2018, 20:35

Hi Elysah!

Thanks for the quick reply! That all sounds great.

I'm around tonight until about 10/11 (my battlenet tag is Paddington#1592 if you need it). Other than that I'm away with work tomorrow but should be back on Wednesday night from about 8/9 trains depending. It's my friends birthday on Thursday so again I'll be on a bit later than usual from around 8ish if any of those times suit? All else failing I'm probably working from home Thursday and can take my break anytime to pop on before I head out.
Paddingtton
The Chosen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 07 Aug 2018, 12:21

Sounds good... Lets aim for Wednesday evening and pray to the God of TRains for some sensible timings :) Otherwise we can work something out for Thursday if the Gods are not smiling upon us :)
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Paddingtton » 08 Aug 2018, 19:16

Hey, the trains are a little late but I think I can still definitely be on for 9ish if that’s okay? I’ll drop a message on here if there’s any issues but should be fine!
Paddingtton
The Chosen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 08 Aug 2018, 20:40

That’s great :) I’ll be online :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer