WoW Guild Rankings

[Withdrawn] Damosh - Priest

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Withdrawn] Damosh - Priest

Postby Damosh » 21 Mar 2018, 22:14

About You

Country & Region: United Kingdom, Lancashire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Kamosh - Bloodelf - Server changed a few times over the years, my longest spells were on Bloodhoof and Draenor.

Level: 110

Class: Priest

Spec: Shadow

Current ilvl: 894

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)? Yes

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Zushka - Chamber of Aspects - Alliance - Mage - 110 - Not currently guilded
Xushka - Chamber of Aspects - Alliance - Warlock - 110 - Not currently guilded
Vushka - Chamber of Aspects - Alliance - Shaman - 100 - Not currently guilded
Jushka - Tarren Mill - Horde - Druid - 92 - Not currently guilded
Qushka - Tarren Mill - Horde - Rogue - 90 - Not currently guilded

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Tailoring
Primary 2: Enchanting

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?

Very little of note, i havent been particulary active over the past few years, and havent played at all for a year.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare - 7/7 LFR
Trial of Valor - No experience
Nighthold - 10/10 Normal. 2/10 Heroic
Tomb Of Sargeras - 2/11 LFR

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?

Not particulary, it is a role i have had in the past so i could perhaps fill in if needed to.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Social: I have no current aspirations to raid but that will change over the coming weeks/months
Core Raider: I can commit to every raid each week

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

The times and days are perfect, thats part of the reason i am applying to join you.

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)

I initially mained as a Druid during Vanilla. One day i was idling in Ironforge and saw the purple glow of a friends character and was intrigued ...
I decided to make a Priest, but Shadow was always the intention. I eventually, after many long hours "Wanded" my way to 60 and never looked back.
It was during TBC that my raiding became a serious passion, i was raiding 4 or 5 nights per week, loving the role of a support class that all the casters fought over.
Times have changed and that role no longer exists, but the passion for DoTs and fillers has never gone away.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling with Alts

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*

During TBC i was with a guild who were around 6th on the realm. We worked tirelessly to attune everyone for BT and Hyjal. One day we lost around 8 top, core players to the relams number 1 guild, it was a hammer blow.
It nearly broke us, others left a sa rsult of cancelled raids, but we carried on.
We recruited, and we re-attuned. After many long months we eventually cleared BT just as Sunwell hit, and i shall never forget that feeling of accomplishment as a guild, and it is that feeling that drives me to play to this day.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?

Nobody yet!

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?

I`ve been looking around for a couple of weeks on the official forums before i decided upon Highland Warriors. One day i saw a post by Elysah who was assisting another player on the forums, i read the guild information and it resonated with what i aspire to be a part of moving forwards.
It took a while, but eventually Elysah and i were online at the same time, and after a nice chat the choice was made.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?

I have returned to WoW after a year or so of a break. It was my first ever long break from the game since Vanilla, and i hated almost every last minute - haha!
I have spent the past week tirelessly rebuilding my UI (its an OCD thing, hehe) and i am ready now to join a guild. I wish to make new friends as all mine from RL have quit over the years (there was around 10 of us initially) and i want to get involved with group based content again.
I am not completely sure yet if i shall be remaining as a Spriest, but i shall always main one of the cloth casters, that will never change.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)

I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said "Are you going to help?" I said, "No, six should be enough."

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website
Damosh

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Damosh - Priest - Social with a view to Raiding

Postby Damosh » 21 Mar 2018, 22:15

Damosh

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 22 Mar 2018, 07:14

Hey Damosh

Thank-you for submitting an application :)

Always good to see Vanilla players around - more folks to help us bore the younglings with stories from the olden days ;)

As I said when we chatted, I think you share the same outlook as us in terms of what you’re looking for from a guild, and the game and would fit in well here.

We have a couple of spriests, mages and one lock who raid already so plenty of opportunity to chew the fat with whatever chosen class brethren you settle on.

What’s your online time like over the next few days and I’ll get on to talk you through what happens next :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Damosh » 22 Mar 2018, 10:22

Morning Elysah, and thank you for the speedy response.

I shall be online this evening, generally from 20:45 through till 23:30 Server Time.

If that is not convenient, dont worry - i shall be around at various times over the weekend and from 20:00 on Sunday.

I shall look forward to speaking you later and meanwhile get my thinking cap on in terms of finalising my class choice.
Damosh

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 22 Mar 2018, 12:07

Interesting app, your story of losing the players has happened to us twice in our 13 year history. Once during Karazhan but we rebuilt and eventually the ones that left quit after failing. Then again around October last year, again the people who left failed at their own guild twice over and eventually split up while we keep going.

Elysah is reliably around Weds and Sunday nights, raid nights, other times are random.

For class choice, its not too important for a social but if you aspire to raid its best to pick one to pour your efforts into. I enjoy dotting classes (lock/priest/moonkin/cat) and so lock/priest are good choices. Locks are pretty solid and have a tanking pet for solo content, both are very strong in raids if you can manage the dot based setup (not everyone can). We/I can of course help a lot with addons, advice, logs etc.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Damosh » 22 Mar 2018, 20:48

Thank you for taking the time to reply Windavell.

Yeah, the feeling of eventually rebuilding after losing a group of players is one i shall never forget.
Its a good lesson to carry through life that if you stick with something, apply effort, mixed in with a little bit of luck good things can happen ...

I`ve still not decided upon a main, i shall do that tonight.
You are quite correct, it shall be something that i pour all my efforts in to, so i want to get it right first time.
Perhaps even going as far as a full on re-roll to fully immerse myself in the class and character - if it isnt my Priest.

As i`m writing this i`ve just checked my launcher - i have alpha access, its early days but having a poke on the class changes might help a little.
Damosh

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Damosh » 30 Mar 2018, 09:39

Just wanted to let you know that i have joined another guild. Thank you anyway, and good luck in the future.
Damosh

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?