WoW Guild Rankings

( Trial ) Application

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

( Trial ) Application

Postby Ällen » 24 Feb 2018, 14:46

About You

Country & Region: Sweden, Slite

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:

Level: 110

Class: Paladin

Spec: Holy

Current ilvl: 948

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Ällen, Thunderhorn, human, Alliance, paladin,110, ( no guild )
Adeline, Thunderhorn, Demon Hunter, Alliance, 98 ( no guild )
Eywín, Thunderhorn, Night elf, druid, Alliance, 90 ( no guild )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Mining
Primary 2: Herbalism

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?
-Just started doing mythic, the highest mythic+ I've done is +11. But I'm confident that I can go higher than that.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare 7/7 LFR
Trial of Valor 3/3 LFR
Nighthold 10/10 LFR
Tomb Of Sargeras 9/9 LFR, HC 3/9
Antorus, the Burning Throne LFR 11/11, Normal 11/11, HC 1/11

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
-I have no aspiration to become Raid Leader, It wouldn't simply fit me.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I can commit to every raid each week
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed
Social:
Levelling

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.
( note: I will start studying the 5th of March, but I will still be available on ( Friday and weekends. )
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
I've been playing dps for a long time and decided that I wanted to try Holy and now I'm very comfortable as a healer. I've done a lot of research about my spec&rotation ( from IcyVeins for example). I've especially focused on raid healing.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- PvP
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the proudest of? *This does not have to be a recognized Blizzard achievement*

- I've been playing since Vanilla.
-Ällen Is the first character that I made and means a lot to me.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
-Yes, I do! Mordred is my brother. I've known him my whole life.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
-Looking for a guild that's willing to raid have fun and of course, I've been hearing good things about Highland Warriors.
Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
-I'm a nice person ( pretty sarcastic though ).

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
- What Is the difference between a lion and a giraffe? The giraffe has a longer neck. :facepalm:
Ällen
The Fallen

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: ( Trial ) Application

Postby Elysah » 25 Feb 2018, 00:14

Hey Ällen, thanks for your application :)

Before we go any further, it’s important that I tell you our healing roster is pretty much full. We may have slots for off healing but really you’d need to have a fully operational dps spec if you would like regular raiding. How does this sit with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Ällen » 25 Feb 2018, 15:46

Hello,

I can be flexible and play DPS as well, that's not an issue for me. :) But i've been playing so much healer, so I need to work a bit on my retri spec.
Ällen
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 25 Feb 2018, 16:49

That’s not a problem... we’ve had a couple of applications recently from healers who have needed to switch to a dps role for the same reason. It does carry the same minimum gear requirements as all main spec dps so you would need to ensure your gear meets the minimum level which, as we’re on heroic mode, would be 940, if memory serves me right.

Due to the size of our raid team, we only really need a maximum of three healers. However, there have odd occasions when a raider has been asked to use their healing off spec. So, whereas you might get to heal in the future, I can’t promise any sort of regularity and it would be after some others in a similar position have been given first refusal.

In terms of healing outside a raid, I know a bear who would bite your hand off tho to heal mythic plus, if you’re looking to push beyond the +11 you refer to in your application.

What’s your online time like over the next few days?

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Ällen » 25 Feb 2018, 19:46

As dps my ilvl is 947 so it's not that big of a difference (from holy) but some things need work, and I'm willing to put in work on that. I understand but if you need me I'm very flexible and can heal if needed ( I have good knowledge when it comes to tactics). Haha okay, I would love to progress more in mythic+.
I'm online almost every single evening! :)
Ällen
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 25 Feb 2018, 20:56

Ok, well give me a poke if you see me online and we can talk more in person.

If it’s tonight, as I am sure Mordred has told you, we’re raiding so I might be slow to reply or miss a /W completely :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Ällen » 25 Feb 2018, 23:31

I'll be online tomorrow afternoon/night I will /w you, yeah I'm aware of that :) Good luck with the raid!
Ällen
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Ällen » 28 Feb 2018, 16:54

Hello, been trying to reach you. And I was thinking of maybe applying as social instead ( but still interested in raiding. ) :)
Ällen
The Fallen

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 28 Feb 2018, 18:16

Ok. No problem. I’ll be online later this evening.

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?