GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] SOCIAL - Thaelan, Paladin

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] SOCIAL - Thaelan, Paladin

Postby Thaelan » 05 Feb 2018, 18:20

About You

Country & Region:
United Kingdom, England, West Yorkshire

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes:
Thaelan, Human, no server changes

Level:

Class:
Paladin

Spec:
Retribution

Current ilvl:

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?
I would be happy to finally have a home for all my characters if I was accepted and would therefore be happy to move all my characters into the guild

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Danathor, 110, Wildhammer, Human, Alliance, Warrior,
Arrin, 110, Wildhammer, Night Elf, Alliance, Demon Hunter
Mylleaith, 110, Wildhammer, Human, Alliance, Death Knight
Sphiel, 110, Wildhammer, Night Elf, Alliance, Druid
Ileinne, 100, Wildhammer, Pandearan, Alliance, Monk
Kyethaela, 100, Wildhammer, Human, Alliance, Mage
Alealar, 52, Wildhammer, Draenei, Alliance, Shaman
Thalora, 49, Wildhammer, Human, Alliance, Warlock
Aynna, 7, Wildhammer, Human, Alliance, Priest
Thelissa, 5, Wildhammer, Human, Alliance, Rogue
Kharo, 6, Wildhammer, Dwarf, Alliance, Hunter
Karaeos, 1, Wildhammer, Night Elf, Alliance, Druid

-;- Notes -;-
- In regards to both "Kharo" and "Karaeos" they are both a placeholder to reserve the names for future characters, Void Elf to be exact when I can be bothered to grind the rep for Argussian Reach. The character that replaces these two will be a hunter that is a guarantee.
- Also my aim, which has a high possibility of completion, is to have all characters levelled to 110 in preparation for Battle for Azeroth

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professions

Primary 1:
Enchanting
Primary 2:
Tailoring

Dungeoneering & Raiding

[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?
I have never accomplished anything higher than the baseline Mythic, nor even attempted due to either work schedule or not being bothered to attempt. I believe the only Mythics I had completed, were the ones to progress to Emerald Nightmare and collect the corrupted essences, I do not believe I have ever stepped into a mythic for anything else.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare
- Danathor, 7/7 LFR
- Danathor, 7/7 Normal
- Thaelan, 1/7 LFR

Trial of Valor
- Danathor, 3/3 LFR

Nighthold
- Danathor, 10/10 LFR
- Thaelan, 04/10 LFR

Tomb Of Sargeras
- Thaelan, 06/09 LFR

Antorus, the Burning Throne
- Thaelan, 04/11 LFR

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
In my current state of mind, there is no aspiration to become a raid leader and I do not believe this will change. I am happier in the background, listening to music analysing fights and my performance against the others in the guild.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I can commit to every raid each week
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed
Levelling

-;- Notes -;-
- I am happy to fulfil any slot you require me to take up, and therefore I am happy to be on the bench as I am to be at the forefront in the raid earning progression and farm. Your times match perfectly up to what I am able to agree to

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

I am available for both of the current raid time slots and days when required to be.

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
The ability to be able to solo world content, run old raids at ease for transmog and achievements that I have missed out on. If I was playing in a guild that was pushing progression, the likely chance, in the current state of Retadin I would not be playing it other than the previously mentioned reasons due to the efficiency problems and the better specs out there. Also class fantasy, once it has all been boiled down it has always been due to the class fantasy, to be a righteous paladin of the light such as Uther the Lightbringer. I do also read in depth the class guides found on either Preaches channel or Icy Veins to an extensive level, not just to find out why the class is good / not good in certain situations but to also be able to perform to a decent level that won't make me look like an incompetent fool

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- Achievements

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
It would have to be one of two options ;
- My undying loyalty to this game, apart from a two month break between the transition of US server to EU server,
- My retention of the WoW lore, through self reading, playing or even watching videos on YouTube.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
I have not had the pleasure to know anyone within the guild, as you may be able to gather through my application. I have been quite a lone wolf since the disbanding of "The Thirty" and I wasn't much better during them days.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
I am interested in finding a more permanent home for my characters on Wildhammer, and in all honesty my first permanent home since moving from the US WoW at the end of Vanilla. My history in WoW is quite solo as of recent, I joined mid vanilla, originally a horde warrior, Tauren to be exact, was apart of my dads guild with my God fathers, named Temple of Blood (such edge lord...) on Kel'Thurzad, then we ported over to EU to a smaller guild, named The Thirty, over the years many of them have stopped playing leaving me to my lonesome in all honesty on WoW and ever since then, which was roughly late Cata - early MoP, I have been a solo player hardly ever raiding with pugs / LFR.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
I am a loyal gentleman, one of few words. I pride myself on being a gentleman in real life and game as much as possible. I have been brought up with old traditions of a loving mother and father. I am a dedicated worker and gamer, having the ability to loose myself in both my work and gaming pleases me to great extent other than that it would be my personal mindset of being able to amend my play style or even character for the good of the guild, although I have not had to do this yet I believe when the time arises, if it every arises, I will be able to take one for the team without a hassle and go in on a slightly less geared class if not equally geared class.

I do not believe I have said this, although I have privately messaged Elysah with my intentions. If I am to be accepted to the guild as a social for now, I would love the chance in Battle for Azeroth to become a raider, I am as happy to sit on the sidelines as I am at the forefront of progression.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
A photon checks in to a hotel, the bellhop asks "Can I help you with your luggage?" it replies, "I don't have any... I am travelling light"
Wow Armoury link
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... er/thaelan
Thaelan
Minion

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: SOCIAL - Thaelan, Paladin

Postby Elysah » 05 Feb 2018, 20:53

Hi Cynn, glad to see you decided to submit an application :)

It’s a good read, tells us plenty about you and what you’re looking for. And most importantly, a fellow Northerner! :)

In terms of your membership, we’re happy to have you along on our raids as soon as your ilvl hits 940 (I think it is!), which is quite manageable from a few mythic pluses, some of the world bosses and also from collecting tokens on Argus. This is mainly because we do a mixture of the end normal bosses, including unmaker for the ledge and then onto heroic.

What’s your online time like over the next few days? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Thaelan » 06 Feb 2018, 20:46

Evening, Elysah

The North... where the legends are born!! :D

Well I am slowly boosting my Ilvl,however it is not a main concern for me, as I don't believe I would be raiding in Legion other than LFR. I will be levelling up my characters getting them all 110 with a decent ilvl to be help me progress further in Battle for Azeroth, in all honesty Legion has ended for me now - we are in the "lull" stage between expansions I would obviously never turn down a round if my ilvl was up to par as I love raiding but it is not a main concern for me as of yet.

My online times can vary in all honesty, especially for the remainder of this week. I should be on after 20:00 each day for an hour or two and then next week I will be on for close to 18 hours of the day due to annual leave from work.
Thaelan
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 06 Feb 2018, 22:42

Ok, I will be online tomorrow night for the raid, looting rubbish legendaries.

I’ll be online from about 8 uk time so I’ll try to give you a poke whilst the eternal battle of good versus evil (or, to the rest of us, Tino Vs Fnn) plays out. Or I’m dead, whichever the longest

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Thaelan » 07 Feb 2018, 21:03

Cool cool,

Speak to you soon :) hopefully
Thaelan
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 10 Feb 2018, 09:57

Didn’t see you on Weds, will be around this weekend. Poke me if I don’t see you before you see me :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Thaelan » 10 Feb 2018, 10:07

Morning,

Aye I didn't want to disturb you while raiding, so I thought I would get some sleep and hope to see you this morning. Should of let you know really, sorry about that.

I am on all day for the next week, everyday as I am on annual leave now from work. So I will prod you if you don't prod me first :)
Thaelan
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 10 Feb 2018, 12:36

Ok. I’ll be online a little this afternoon and tomorrow evening for definite. Will look out for you :£

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?