GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Failed] Core Raider - Alliriel, Priest.

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Failed] Core Raider - Alliriel, Priest.

Postby Alliriel » 31 Dec 2017, 20:35

Country & Region: Denmark

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Alliriel-Wildhammer.

Level: 110

Class: Night Elf Priest

Spec: MS: Discipline, OS: Holy and Shadow. I can play all 3 specs confidently in a raid environment.

Current ilvl: about 950, depending on spec.

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?
- Sure, but i do not have that many alts to worry about at the moment.

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
- Death Knight, Ashlayna.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Herbalism
Primary 2: Alchemy

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?
- i feel confident healing in m+, i think my highest is a +17. But i'm a bit "afraid" of pugging, and my guild doesn't care too much about m+; so i haven't had the chance to refine my skills too much in m+.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare: 4/7 Mythic (On an alt, back when i raided on mythic difficulty).
Trial of Valor: 3/3 Heroic (On my Priest).
Nighthold: 10/10 Heroic (On my priest).
Tomb Of Sargeras: 9/9 Heroic (Priest aswell).

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
- i'm afraid i won't be able to be a raid leader. I'm a bit of a timid, quiet personality. But if i have valuable information, that will help the guild in different environments i will help out if needed.

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

Core Raider: I can commit to every raid each week
Social: I have no current aspirations to raid
Levelling (I don't like levelling on my own, so if i were to level up an alt within the guild, i might have to drag someone along with me).

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.
- Overall, i'm a very active player within the game. I will be able to raid on Wednesdays and Sundays atleast.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application):
- Well, healing is relatively new to me. I had an oppertunity to gear up my Priest during Nighthold, with healing in mind as i've always played as DPS - since TBC. I needed something new and fresh, and i fell in love with it. It was difficult at first, but i became quite good as a discipline priest, coming from various dps classes; getting the rotation for spec wasn't too difficult.
Just untill recently i started practicing my Holy spec; just in case if Holy were better on some encounters or instances even.
I can play Shadow aswell, which was something i was semi-forced to play; since my current guild all of a sudden have quite a lot of healers.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- Achievements
- Auction House profiteering

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
- most proud of? tough question. Recently, i feel proud to have been able to do a +15 HoV with tyrannical. Hyrja is kinda scary..
But overall, i'm proud of being a healer in general. Being able to help my friends in tough situations makes me feel pretty good.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
- I do not know anyone within the guild, no.
Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
- I need something new and fresh. I have done a bit of research on this guild; and it sounds amazing to me. Just looking at the website and the amount of work and passion you have for the game intrigues me,
and i'd love to be a part of it.
Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
- I can come out as being shy and timid. Quite the introvert. But once you have gained my respect, it's difficult to get rid of me. It's very difficult to anger/irritate me, and in most circumstances and calm and easy to talk to.
Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
- Why aren't koalas real bears? They didn't meet the koalafications!... I'll show myself out..

PS: If you have any other questions; or if you feel you needed some more information in a specific area; feel free to ask me.
And happy new year!

Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Liked in: 1 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Core Raider - Alliriel, Priest.

Postby Elysah » 02 Jan 2018, 15:52

Hello there, Alliriel :)

Happy New Year to you as well! Apologies for the delay in replying, the New Year celebrations were a bit too happy, if you know what I mean, and sadly it takes longer than it used to to recover from a bit too much overindulgence on the wine :(

Thankyou very much for your application, it reads very nicely and gives a good sense of what you're looking for. From our point of view, we're always on the lookout for more people, especially those who are keen to join our raids :) You give healing as mainspec - at the moment, we are in the rather rare situation of having enough healers for the raiding team. Under usual circumstances, this would mean a rotation of healing team, and with some taking their turn as DPS. However, some of the healing team (and I very much mean me more than anyone) are quite terrible in a dps role and are much more of a hindrance than any sort of help. Therefore, as you are confident in all spec, how would you feel about playing a dps role in the first instance during raids, and spot filling any healer spots if required? This would only be a requirement in a raiding situation, you would be free to heal outside of the raid as you please, including in mythic+.
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 4 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Alliriel » 02 Jan 2018, 16:44

Hello, and thank you for reviewing my application.

I figured that was the case hehe ;)

I don't mind rotating at all - i spent quite some time setting up the dps spec, might aswell use it for something :) With that said, like you, i am a more confident healer but i do just fine as a dps.
I wish i had some logs or anything as a reference.
Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Core Raider - Alliriel, Priest.

Postby Elysah » 02 Jan 2018, 20:08

It’s ok. Logs aren’t really necessary. Sure, awesome DPS is the ideal but we don’t restrict anyone from raiding based against a theoretical output of destruction :)

We have a minimum ilvl for each raiding tier; we our raiders to be self aware by not standing in bad stuff, listening to instructions and to actively work on their stuff and rotations outside of raid, even if that means asking for help and advice if they need it. We also have a couple of raiding shadow priests who I am sure would be more than happy to chew the face melting fat with you, as it were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Alliriel » 02 Jan 2018, 21:05

haha, that sounds good. I think i'm doing alright as Shadow, it's more a gear issue if anything. But toss as many tips and tricks at me if, that would only be awesome :)
I am trying to stay up to date in all 3 specs though, as i feel i'm capable of doing that.

Not sure if you have any other questions, or anything specific you'd like to know? I can't think of much else :)

As a side note, i also have a girlfriend playing aswell. She is suffering from anxiety, but she's a really strong player aswell. But in consideration of her anxiety, i'm scouting ahead just to see what kind of people you are :)
Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 02 Jan 2018, 21:39

just to chip in a bit here (and thanks for the app), our raids are very much as El describes, as long as you meet the min requirements you are free to raid as/when you like. Obviously it would be great to have the servers best people but we dont, we have a very large range of skills from the uber elite to the less so. Thats fine and thats how we roll, some people like this, some dont. As long as people try their best, thats the important (if frustrating at times) thing :)

As for your other half, I have first hand experience at anxiety problems so thats completely understandable.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Alliriel » 02 Jan 2018, 21:51

I understand that, and that's what i'm looking for really. I have some mythic raiding experience, and it was too much for me and my girlfriend. So, we basically jumped ship, into a boat full of holes in it. I just want to feel i'm contributing and not being a liability, but i don't mind spending a whole night wiping on a boss; that's just a part of it.
Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 02 Jan 2018, 22:23

I don’t really have any more questions, but we could have an ingame chat, including your girlfriend, if she’s up for that, and go from there? :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Alliriel » 02 Jan 2018, 22:34

We could do that. That would be easier too, i believe. Those christmas lights at the top of the website get me every time i check the website - it's terrifying!
Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 02 Jan 2018, 22:40

Those christmas lights at the top of the website get me every time i check the website - it's terrifying!

I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time someone says that

:happy:
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 02 Jan 2018, 22:45

Hehe. Ok... how you fixed for tomorrow evening? :)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Alliriel » 02 Jan 2018, 22:53

That's fine with me :) I am online now aswell.
But we can do it tomorrow if that's better.
Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 03 Jan 2018, 15:47

Ok. We’re raiding from 21:00 game time but I should be around after 20:00, Children permitting ;)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 03 Jan 2018, 19:52

My battlenet tag is #Elysah2509

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Alliriel » 03 Jan 2018, 20:39

I have added you Elysah.
I might be sitting on an alt meanwhile you raid.
Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Alliriel » 04 Jan 2018, 19:31

My other half has decided to take a break from the game.
But i'm still interested in joining your guild :)
Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 04 Jan 2018, 20:32

glad to hear it. I dont know how your chat with El went but hopefully she'll respond soon :)
Windavell
The One
The One

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Alliriel » 04 Jan 2018, 21:07

I think the chat went well. We agreed to wait with joining the guild, so we can fix my girlfriends application first. But now she's decided to take a break from the game either way.
But it's propably best you speak with Elysah first - you never know, i could be lying to you ;)
Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 05 Jan 2018, 10:20

Hi Alliriel :)

Sorry to hear Carolime has decided to take a break, but I understand. Hopefully when she’s feeling it a bit more we can help her enjoy the best bits of the game again: wiping with your mates 567865433679 on the same boss ;)

Our chat did indeed go well. Alliriel is all set to join us. As he says we were going to wait for Carolime and join together. Let me know what your online time is like for the next few days and we’ll get you onboard:)

Elysah
True Believer

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Alliriel » 05 Jan 2018, 19:23

I'll most likely be online in the evenings, from about 20:00 server time.
Alliriel
Ex Guildie

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Next

Return to Want to join?