GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

Social Application - Mordred Blood Death Knight

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

Social Application - Mordred Blood Death Knight

Postby Mordred » 19 Nov 2017, 16:54

About You

Country & Region: Sweden, Stockholm County
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Character
Mordred, transferred it back to Thunderhorn when I started playing Legion again, had previously been on Grim Batol during my brief stint in WoD. I started playing on my warrior in 2006.

Level: 110
Class: Death Knight
Spec: Blood
Current ilvl: 910

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?
Yes.

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:
Argylon, Thunderhorn, Alliance, Mage, 90, N/A.
Sigmund, Thunderhorn, Alliance, Paladin, 80, N/A.
Rhodric, Thunderhorn, Alliance, Warrior, 71, N/A.
Bodark, Thunderhorn, Alliance, Druid, 64, N/A.
Vidur, Thunderhorn, Alliance, Rogue, 6, N/A.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professions

Primary 1: Blacksmithing
Primary 2: Mining
Dungeoneering & Raiding

Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?
None as of right now, I wasn't really aware of the system for the majority of my recent play time, and I feel like it'd be a bad idea to PUG something like that with no prior experience.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:
Emerald Nightmare 7/7 LFR
Trial of Valor 3/3 LFR
Nighthold 10/10 LFR
Tomb Of Sargeras 9/9 LFR

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
No I don't have such grandiose plans for my guild membership ;).
Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)
Flexible Raider: I will sign to any events I'm able to attend, which would be around a couple a month*
Backup Raider: I am willing to spot fill when needed, but I understand a place is not guaranteed**
Social: I have no current aspirations to raid
Levelling

*, **, I'd like to raid, but considering I'm untested in real PvE content since MoP I wouldn't want to be a burden to the guild. I can put aside time to raid every week, so there is potential to act as a but I'd rather not be so brash as to add a caveat to that as well.

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.
Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30
All of the above.

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
I enjoy tanking, I always have. I tanked as a warrior prior to switching to my Death Knight the day WotLK was released, and I tanked on him ever since. Tanking has a nice balance of cerebral "pre-planned" play and at times a more hectic "reactive" tactical play.

About general play style, I find Gorefiend's Grasp immensely satisfying in trash environments. Pulling all the mobs into a single massive death blob and going ham with Dancing Rune Weapon and Heart Strike cleave is some bloody goodness.

I also enjoy Blood's more "Reactive Mitigation" defensive playstyle compared to other tank's "Active Mitigation", e.g. utilising the tools at hand to "undo" damage done to me rather thanp reemptevily using more standard mitigation tools. Naturally you need to be preemptive in Blood DK play as well, capping off good Death Strike Blood Shields in preparation for something like Fel Claws.

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply
In rough order of importance to me:
- Raiding
- Mythic+ Runs*
- PvP
- World Quests/Rep Grind
*Obviously I have no experience with Mythic+, but from what I've learned looking at it it seems to just be another way to challenge yourself in a PvE environment, which is something I definitely enjoy.

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
Levelling my warrior roughly 12 years ago and having the red glow of Lesser Beastslaying infused into my white two handed sword by a level 60 paladin atop a mighty golden steed. I didn't replace that weapon until I got my Whirlwind Axe.
Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?[/b]
No.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
Mainly for a social guild as of right now, but I obviously have aspirations to do challenging PvE content in the future. View me as an untapped resource that you can call on once I've "proven myself" both to my own standards and yours.

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
Don't really have anything relevant to tell you outside of what I've already said.

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
Why was the ketchup red? Because it saw the salad dressing.
Last edited by Mordred on 19 Nov 2017, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Mordred
Minion

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Social Application - Mordred Blood Death Knight

Postby Elysah » 19 Nov 2017, 19:50

Hello there, Mordred

Thankyou for your application... Your name seems familiar, but I cannot think why :) I can see you have a lot of experience from raiding in ICC, so perhaps I saw you around then?

Its a solid application, and as you have already provided pretty comprehensive answers, I don't really have much to ask you... Whats your online time like for a chat ingame? :)
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Social Application - Mordred Blood Death Knight

Postby Windavell » 20 Nov 2017, 09:24

Trial offered
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?