GuildOx rankings GuildOx rankings

[Trial] Qios - Destruction Warlock - Social

If you would like to join our guild or just have a question about it please post here

[Trial] Qios - Destruction Warlock - Social

Postby Qios » 03 Oct 2017, 19:44

About You

Country & Region: The Netherlands, North Brabant (in the south)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Character

Character Name, including any details of name, race and server changes: Qios, no name/race/server changes

Level: 110

Class: Warlock

Spec: Destruction

Current ilvl: 916

Please note, we are not an alt guild. Therefore, would you be happy moving all your alts into the guild (excluding alts that are in a private guild to keep Guild bank access)?
Yes, I have no problem moving all my alts in the guild

Alts Please list ALL alts, regardless of level, including name, realm, faction, class, level and guild:

Yára, Thunderhorn, Alliance, lvl 110 (ilvl 917) Shadow Priest, Guild: Enlightened Ones
Diomasach, Thunderhorn, Alliance, lvl 110 (ilvl 908) Fire Mage, Guild: Enlightened Ones
Mortiarte, Thunderhorn, Alliance, lvl 110 (ilvl 903) Windwalker Monk, Guild: Enlightened Ones
Xaath, Thunderhorn, Alliance, lvl 103, Holy Paladin, Guild: Enlightened Ones

Currently rarely played:
Norrix, Thunderhorn, Alliance, lvl 101, Unholy Death Knight, Guild: Enlightened Ones
Xueqin, Thunderhorn, Alliance, lvl 100, Beast Mastery Hunter, Guild: Enlightened Ones
Xaxis, Thunderhorn, Alliance, lvl 100, Havoc Demon Hunter, Guild: Enlightened Ones
Mylixe, Thunderhorn, Alliance, lvl 100, Balance Druid, Guild: Enlightened Ones
Udoro, Thunderhorn, Alliance, lvl 92, Elemental Shaman, Guild: Enlightened Ones

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professions

Primary 1: Enchanting 800
Primary 2: Jewelcrafting 800

Dungeoneering & Raiding
[i]Tell us a little about your Mythic+ experience - what +level are you most confident with? What's your highest +level?
Most dungeoneering experience I have is through LFG, I did a few current dungeon mythics. On my lvl 110 characters I have done most of the current LFR raids several times.
I have no experience with normal, heroic or mythic raids.

Please list your progression and experience of the following raid instances, and indicate if your experience is LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic experience & progression, ie 5/12:

Emerald Nightmare: LFR 7/7
Trial of Valor: LFR 3/3
Nighthold: LFR 10/10
Tomb Of Sargeras: LFR 9/9

Do you have any aspirations to become a Raid Leader? And if so, why?
No

Play Style

What sort play are you looking for? (Delete as appropriate)

- Social: I have no current aspirations to raid <- I'm quite a casual player, but I'm willing to check out raiding if it helps the guild
- Levelling

Which of the following days each week are you available? Please see the top post for details of our current raid days.

Wednesday 21:00 CET until 23.30 <- Most of the time
Sunday 20:30 CET until 23.30 <- Most of the time

Tell us more about why you chose your current spec. (You may wish to tell us a little about your spell/shot/melee rotation & general play style in a raid/dungeon/group situation or link stats websites such as WoL in support of your application)
Qios is my oldest character, I created him at the end of BC, which is also why I consider him my main. I love the chaos and fire the destruction warlock brings!
I actually give my other lvl 110 characters about equal time, I love playing the shadow priest a lot, especially since the patch 7.3 animation changes (my priest starts floating when she enters void-form, how cool is that!).

Choose all of the following which best describes what you enjoy, delete those which do NOT apply

- Raiding <- on LFR
- World Quests/Rep Grind
- Levelling alts
- Achievements
- Auction House profiteering <- I'm quite the gold goblin and multi millionaire on my lvl 1 banker alt

What, in WoW terms, are you the most proud of? *This does not have to be a recognised Blizzard achievement*
I love receiving achievements, especially ones that pop up unexpected, but I also like pursuing some of the more obscure achievements and 'meta-achievements' like 'What a long, strange trip it's been' (Damn you 'School of Hard Knocks' !!!). I like joining an LFR wing with a group of unknown people the day it opened and finally making it to the end after several wipes feels great too (Kil'jaeden was brutal the first evening, but we made it and it felt great!).
I'm also quite proud of my succesful goblineering on the auction house. Since the introduction of the WoW token it has easily payed for my WoW subscription each month.

Other Stuff

Do you know an existing member of the Highland Warriors? If so, who: for how long, and how do you know them?
Actually, while browsing your forum I came across an old guild-mate of mine: Winterberry (I haven't talked to him in-game about my application yet though).
I read his application here and he writes about getting introduced to WoW by colleagues and joining a small guild. I was one of those colleagues and the guild was our small 'colleague' and real-life friend guild called 'Enlightened Ones'.

Why do you want to join the Highland Warriors?
The colleague and real-life friend guild I'm talking about above will stop existing soon. I'm the only one playing actively and our guild-leader decided to and his WoW subscription. When searching for a suitable guild on our server I came across Highland Warriors. Your guild looks like the perfect match for me: a group of mature players who love this game and like to play together! I really miss the interaction between guildmates we had a few years/months ago. The last couple of months I've been playing mostly on my own and grouping through LFG and LFR.
I applied as 'Social' and not as 'Backup raider' or 'Flexible raider' since I don't have any real raiding experience, but I'm willing to try if you're short some DPS or healer (I have some healing experience on my priest, second spec is holy).

Anything extra you would like to tell us about yourself?
I actually work at one of the largest telecom operators/internet providers in The Netherlands (or maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that -> runs and ducks for cover! :P ).

Finally, as you should always end on a laugh, tell us your best joke... ;)
I'd like to quote my favourite author (Terry Pratchett), a quote that is kind of appropriate for my main char too :P :
"Give a man a fire and he’s warm for a day, but set fire to him and he’s warm for the rest of his life." (from the book 'Jingo')

Link to your profile on The Armoury via the wow website
Qios: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/thunderhorn/qios
Yára: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/thunderhorn/y%C3%A1ra
Diomasach: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/thunderhorn/diomasach
Moriarte: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/thunderhorn/moriarte
Last edited by Qios on 04 Oct 2017, 11:37, edited 2 times in total.
Qios
Minion

Liked in: 0 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Re: Qios - Destruction Warlock - Social

Postby Windavell » 04 Oct 2017, 09:03

Good morning Qios, thanks for your application.

Elysah deals with applications and will likely respond this evening. I just wanted to thank you for your application and to ask about your alts as you didnt answer the question about moving them into guild if you get a place. As its one of the first things El will ask I thought it best to save time and ask now :)

ps just saw your armoury, you are a gnome :(
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Winterberry » 04 Oct 2017, 09:43

Hee gast! Jij hier ;-)

I hereby, and with great pleasure, endorse Qios' application. Not sure if that works in his favor though, heheh. Anyway: hope to see you in-game again soon!

PS. And why not try to convince Missfitt as well: I tried but he seems to be considering quitting the game (temporarily)...
PS2: Lock powerrrrr!
Winterberry
The Chosen

Liked in: 1 post
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Qios » 04 Oct 2017, 11:34

Hi Windavell,
Thanks for the quick reply! I updated the application to add that I have no problem moving all my alts in the guild (excluding my lvl 1 banker alt, who is in her own guild for the guild-bank space). I hope being a gnome doesn't affect my chances of joining your guild! ;-) I love being the several pixel high small dude reigning destruction everywhere!

Good to see you're doing well here Winterberry! Hope to talk to you again soon!
I'll talk to Missfitt, he'll be guildless too when Enlightened Ones stops. He is not online nearly as much as me, but still has a subscription and might like being in an active guild.
Qios
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Elysah » 04 Oct 2017, 21:14

Hello there Qios :)

Many thanks for your application, it reads full of enthusiasm for the game :) I am also enjoying your rather unconventional character names - you must be a master of Scrabble with all those Xs, and Qs! ;)

You have applied as a backup/flexible raider, and then later mention you are a casual player - what's your online time like over an average week? Its not a leading question to trap you, some of us are more casual than others, so its more of a wondering of sorts, I suppose :)
Elysah
True Believer

Liked in: 3 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Qios » 06 Oct 2017, 20:25

Hi Elysah,

Yes, I guess a like my Xs and Qs lot, now that you mention it. :yes:

The reason I consider myself as a casual player is that I have never tried any raids apart from LFR, which most don't really consider real raiding (rightfully so I think). I did some 5-man group PUG content and a few PUG mythics, but I wouldn't consider that hardcore at all.
It was my intention to apply as a social, but I will never rule out joining a guild-raid if you're one short. On LFR raids and LFG dungeons I can definitely do my part and will often by quite high on the DPS list (although I doubt if that's really an indication of a 'good' player). So that's why I also mention that I'm willing to be a flexible/backup raider, maybe even on a more scheduled routine if needed.

As for my online-time:
In a normal week I will often be online on several evenings through the week, doing world-quests and other stuff on my 4 lvl 110 chars. I sometimes have real-life stuff I can't miss (mostly on Monday and Friday).
In the weekend I have some more time and will often be online throughout the day (though almost never all day ;d ). I'm quite often online on Saturday evening when I'm not doing real-life stuff. Sunday late afternoon and evening is family-time, but I'll quite often be online in the afternoon and later in the evening (after 21:00).

So my playtime is probably not really very casual now that I write it down like this. :)
Qios
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Windavell » 07 Oct 2017, 20:25

Thanks for the reply
if you can, try to catch El online tomorrow evening (Sunday) after 9 server time. After that her online time is a bit hit and miss until Weds.
To be highly certain of something, with a very low order of evidence, or in contradiction to a mountain of evidence, is a sign that something is wrong with your mind.
Windavell
The One
The One

Liked in: 27 posts
Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Postby Qios » 08 Oct 2017, 13:51

OK, I'll contact Elysah in game this evening!
Qios
Minion

Armory
AskMrRobot
WOW Heroes

Return to Want to join?